What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PNW Dogshit

T

thesloppy

Hey y'all. As a dumbass youngster growing up in Portland, Oregon in the pre-internet (and certainly pre-MMJ) days of the early '90s, I never paid much attention to strains or lineage of the weed I was smoking. I wasn't growing, didn't think I ever would, ready access to elite/named strains from trusted sources was some kind of fantasy talk, and half the time I was probably smoking rolled-up yellow pages anyway.

Well, the exception to that, was when I would occasionally stumble upon an old, third-hand rasta friend who was growing the tragically named Dogshit, guerilla in the national forests, as was the Oregon-style in the pre-med days. Flash forward 20 years, and despite fooling around with plenty of tasty ladies, that Dogshit is the one single strain that has stuck with me the most through the years, and the one that I most wish I knew more about.

I remember it as a citrusy-sweet, very piny-tasting, likely sativa lady, with long, dark, curling buds that I was told gave her her name. The taste was unique (at least the time), pungent, and made the lips and fingertips tingle on exhale, paired with an immediate, giggly head rush that clouded the eyes as soon as the smoke left your lungs.

I see it mentioned on rare occasion in here, and in other forums, so I know it still exists outside of my memory and imagination, but I never see it mentioned in detail. I would absolutely LOVE to hear anybody's stories/info regarding experiences with this rare Oregon heirloom whose memory is close to my heart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ojd
S

SicKSKills

I too would love to enjoy this lady again, been a few years but still up there with the best. I saw someone doing a greenhouse grow of it last year on another site, i should hit them up. the plant i know could have NL in it but its was a mostly sativa leaning 12 weaker so iono, I heard it was a haze/hindu hybrid.

robbiedublu

I too would love to enjoy this lady again, been a few years but still up there with the best. I saw someone doing a greenhouse grow of it last year on another site, i should hit them up. the plant i know could have NL in it but its was a mostly sativa leaning 12 weaker so iono, I heard it was a haze/hindu hybrid.

Not outdoors in the Portland area. Not too many 12 wk sativas being finished outside here

G

guest59452

i beleive you get get the shit when you cross grapes w NL, atleast what im gunn do

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
The Dogshit is around and held by myself and a few friends in the Medford/Ashland part of Oregon. She wont finish outdoors up there but is perfect in a greenhouse or in a indoor cylinder grow where she can spread out and open up. She goes 75-80 days so most commercial growers avoid her even though she yields outta this world for that extra few weeks on the vine. I doubt there are any NL genes in her though. Just my 2 pennies on that piece nothing more. Put her with the Catpiss and a grower could stay happily medicated for decades!!!

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Ya'll got any pics of the Dogshit? I'd like to see what this girl looks like again. Thanks in advance and take care 1

T

thesloppy

Thx for the replies guys, glad to know she's still floating around out there. Now I just gotta find some way to get my greedy little fingers on her. Think she'd work in a cabinet SOG Rainman, or am I dreaming?

303hydro

senior primate of the 303 cornbread mafia
Veteran
What's funny is one time I was growing a strain called poster child. While trimming it, the whole room reeked like nasty dogsh*t and even after it cured but it was dank. Everyone started calling it that, it was actually kind of a legendary strain among a small circle especially because it was lost after two runs :( .

Every once in a while, I get the hint of that same smell.... the Sour Diesel / Deep chunk was pretty close for sure.....

Bob Jones

Just yesterday had a guy tell me how he missed an old PNW strain he called "baby shit", sounds like it might be the same thing. If so he's still pining for it many years later, must have been some good stuff.

T

thesloppy

After doing some more hunting around, I came across mention of it on the OR NORML page, as one of the winners of the 2010 OMCAs a few months ago. It's also pictured on the bud poster on the same page:

http://www.ornorml.org/2010OMCA

Certainly seems like it's available locally...a shame my tight lips have resulted in crapass connections, sounds like I've got some more work to do.

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
she is in my top 5 herb
one of the better strains out there.
i actually hit a few nugs of her last night in the bong.
only have a few g's left of her, so i cherish these last hits.

T

thesloppy

me = soooo jealous. It's probably been over 12 years since I last tasted some! Anybody got more detail on lineage/beginnings?

T

thesloppy

bump....any more stories or opinions to share about PNW Dogshit?

I'm still trying to do my best Scooby Doo to catch sight or smell of her, here in PDX, I keep hearing whispers but so far no luck.

smoked a friend's pineapple dogshit in pdx recently... sounds like what you're describing. Its out there! No idea on lineage but could find out if you strike out here. PM me if you need to!

T

thesloppy

smoked a friend's pineapple dogshit in pdx recently... sounds like what you're describing. Its out there! No idea on lineage but could find out if you strike out here. PM me if you need to!

Thx for the reply MGD. I've heard the pineapple dogshit mentioned in the same breath...but as usual with strains details are murky, and I'm unsure what it's relation is, could be taste-a-like, a cross, or exactly the same stuff and the names are interchangeable. If you had it in Portland the odds are obviously pretty darn good they're at least related. How was it?

Hey Sloppy, been running thru lots of cuts the last few years
and the dogshit is one of the few that has managed to stick around.

Kind of finicky, doesn't like a lot of feed in veg, stretches pretty huge. Large, diamond-like trichs. Smells start as some kind of fruit funk, get a little spicy/hazy, can be a real head pounder.

Always want to pull around 80 she looks so ready but can go a lot further even for different taste.

Most speculate her to be columbian gold x gold seal afghani. No one
is really sure, either way pretty unique smell/profile. I get sick of
most everything pretty quick but she always is a go to flavor.

I've made some crosses. One with 'mango' a male that came from a lone seed out of a quad of some mango herb from a disp, and another with devils dank, which is goldengoat x fumacondiablos.

Hopefully gonna see some outside this season.

Latest posts

Latest posts