What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cut etiquette?

dboi87

hey all. Going through the forums I've noticed a lot of tension over clone only strains. Lots of people angry over people asking for cuts.

I understand that it's against policy to trade/sell and the likes here.

My question is what would the proper respectful way to find clone only strains OUTSIDE of this forum be? Are you basically SOL if you aren't a part of the in crowd?

Understand that as a smoker/grower/hobbyist you can't help but be curious about these legendary strains.

I wish I could experience real legitimate Green Crack, Sour D, Cookies, etc. and I'm sure one day I'll make it happen.

Again, not asking for handouts or anything like that. Just words of advice from people in the know and in the right circles. What is the respectful way to go about the hunt?

dboi87

Mods, can you please move this to the general strains and breeding forum? I didn't mean to post to the gorilla glue forum

dboi87

Again this is not about how or where to obtain a cut of anything, but more of how to be respectful of the strains, the breeders, and work put in.

Hundreds of posts bashing people looking for cuts... This is where you can chime in and post what the problem is and how to better go about it all

bucketswithsoil

support your local surfboard builder...
you hang around until you make friends and actually meet some people.

true true true...gotta make some friends like JW says...
post in threads,contribute some info,dont ruffle feathers, and maybe it will happen,ive been on here for almost a year now(not thats that super long time)..but its possible to get some of these elite cuts,just gotta be patient and some what lucky i would say...best of luck on the hunt, can be frustrating for sure, just hang in there...

mufinman

you hang around until you make friends and actually meet some people.

I should change my name to PARINOIA. I 'hang around' but making friends, on line or face to face, isn't an easy thing to accomplish in this state (FL). I do not know who is real or who is just lurking to find out who I or we am/are (LEOs). So my 'meet line', out on the street is: "hi, my name is mufinman, do you grow cannabis?". it is frustrating to have such a great hobby and not be able to speak of it freely for fear of incarceration.

I envy yall in legal states but will continue to buy seeds and seek the 'golden ring' the hard way.

B

bigganjabud

Get yourself some good beans from a reputable breeder and get some mums going then keep doing cut and flower runs sooner or later youl find a mum that a few people want

Once you find this keeper I mentioned you take cuts and put them under your pillow before you go to sleep then the cutting fairy takes care of the rest

PS do lots of diary's and keep a stable of bitches sooner or later someone somewhere will want your cuts mate after that it's up to you what you want in return !

kangrowru

What goes around comes around. Lets say you are a personal smoke only type guy, only sustaining yourself. Thats 100% OK and all, but it doesn't open you up to make friends with others that may be doing the same, it also keeps you safer. Your choice in that regard.

BUT if you do open up and find some other people that are doing the same, you will probably start by sharing some weed/war stories about mites or mildew. Thats when you offer up some of your cuts, then they may do the same. Or they may have a buddy whose cousins brothers uncle has some fire cuts of Bob Marleys secret OG Kushgluedream and they may pass those onto you.

What goes around comes around...crack seeds and when the time comes share what knowledge you have and it will come back to you in one way or another.

bucketswithsoil

support your local surfboard builder...
all ill say about this topic,....its gonna be hard to get SOLID INFO,CUTS,LEADS,FRIENDS on select gear,and or strains,from what some of these guys are doing,...and im being drop fuckin dead serious,theres some real deal drop dead mother fuckers,that are knocking it WAY OUT DA PARK.....

so who could blame when one comes around sniffing/smelling/hunting for cuts,...dont get.me wrong,join date,post count doesnt accumulate for everything,...nevertheless once you "hang around"..."make some friends"...ya could possibly get a bone tossed ya way.....its all in what ya wanna make of it....nobody moves into a new house and. becomes BFF with there neighbors over night...

as well....lets just be simple and.ask this....
if YOU HAD THESE CUTS....and there were people asking/hounding/inquiring about these(which took prolly alot of time and dedication)...would you be so inclinded to just...."send off a cut",to someone you have hardly even chatted with or known...im sure i know i wouldnt.be.....

Grizz

Veteran
all ill say about this topic,....its gonna be hard to get SOLID INFO,CUTS,LEADS,FRIENDS on select gear,and or strains,from what some of these guys are doing,...and im being drop fuckin dead serious,theres some real deal drop dead mother fuckers,that are knocking it WAY OUT DA PARK.....

so who could blame when one comes around sniffing/smelling/hunting for cuts,...dont get.me wrong,join date,post count doesnt accumulate for everything,...nevertheless once you "hang around"..."make some friends"...ya could possibly get a bone tossed ya way.....its all in what ya wanna make of it....nobody moves into a new house and. becomes BFF with there neighbors over night...

as well....lets just be simple and.ask this....
if YOU HAD THESE CUTS....and there were people asking/hounding/inquiring about these(which took prolly alot of time and dedication)...would you be so inclinded to just...."send off a cut",to someone you have hardly even chatted with or known...im sure i know i wouldnt.be.....

well said. it seems a lot of the new people don't understand this and expect you to compromise your freedom and your account here at icmag to get them a cut, it took me a year to meet people in person and get something good, go to cup events and meet people and look for cuts there,

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Very good idea for a thread. I feel like this type of stuff doesnt get enough attention. I would have to imagine that the folks that join these forums are all hoping to get a taste of the real og kush

highsteppa

Veteran
there are a lot of great seed options these days....focus on your growing skills instead of putting the cart before the horse. All these elites came from a seed at some point. don't go thinking a great cut will make you a great grower.

I don't think it would be hard at all to get a taste of real og kush from some s1 or femmed crosses

yocs

how often do some of you "outta the park" mo fos get random pms from strangers just asking for cuts? I'm sure its happened even though with one click you could just get them banned.

Grizz

Veteran
how often do some of you "outta the park" mo fos get random pms from strangers just asking for cuts? I'm sure its happened even though with one click you could just get them banned.
you would be surprised , 100's, I have not got anyone banned,