What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"rusty" leaves

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
yeah I am going to give it near a gallon of prepared final phase and then give it plain water for the subsequent feeding and then harvest. Thanks for the suggestions :D

That is nowhere near an adequate flush. You have a lot of built up salts from over fertilization.

You need to give your plants 2 gallons of freshwater(with final phase added since you have it) for every gallon of medium. You need to repeat the flushings every time the soil dries out until the leaves are mostly yellow from lack of nutrient.

Please please take this advice, its the difference between aweful harsh herb that burns your throat and lungs, and nice smooth smoke. I cannot stress the importance of this step enough. It is so easy and improves your final product so much.

chemman14

That is nowhere near an adequate flush. You have a lot of built up salts from over fertilization.

You need to give your plants 2 gallons of freshwater(with final phase added since you have it) for every gallon of medium. You need to repeat the flushings every time the soil dries out until the leaves are mostly yellow from lack of nutrient.

Please please take this advice, its the difference between aweful harsh herb that burns your throat and lungs, and nice smooth smoke. I cannot stress the importance of this step enough. It is so easy and improves your final product so much.

will I have time to do this? as it is pretty late into flowering

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
Yea you could take a month and a half to flush it if you wanted. Just dont let much yellowing reach the buds. When they get to that point, they are ready to chop.

Think about it this way, man: you just spent two months growing this plant. You can spend another three weeks flushing it properly(and keep in mind the plant is still not finished, so your potency will increase during the flush) or you can do what you were planning and have weak, harsh, yucky medicine that you will feel like you just wasted two months growing.

I would not decieve you, sir.

I wish someone else would come along and reiterate these statements.

chemman14

Yea you could take a month and a half to flush it if you wanted. Just dont let much yellowing reach the buds. When they get to that point, they are ready to chop.

Think about it this way, man: you just spent two months growing this plant. You can spend another three weeks flushing it properly(and keep in mind the plant is still not finished, so your potency will increase during the flush) or you can do what you were planning and have weak, harsh, yucky medicine that you will feel like you just wasted two months growing.

I would not decieve you, sir.

I wish someone else would come along and reiterate these statements.

I believe you man and will flush it until the leaves are yellow :D

Latest posts

Latest posts