What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I love the hottest peppers!

Costello

Nice thread :yes:
How much the pepper seeds take to germinate in your experience?
I'm waiting some jalapenos to sprout from about a week.

Ty

C.

C

cheesey

just picked up my seeds ready to germ in the next cpl of days

Dorset Naga / Golden Cayenne / Bird Eye / Finger / Jalapeno / Habanero Chocolate / Satans Kiss and some sweet cali peppers .

next week im starting to make a base to place my new 8ft by 4ft greenhouse on then i can get the greenhouse up .

going to be doing each plant in 6 ltr air pots

Costello

Dorset Naga / Golden Cayenne / Bird Eye / Finger / Jalapeno / Habanero Chocolate / Satans Kiss and some sweet cali peppers .

next week im starting to make a base to place my new 8ft by 4ft greenhouse on then i can get the greenhouse up .

Nice list Cheesey, where do you get your pep seeds?

Namaste

C.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Hey all, .. I grow my own chiles as well, .. This year is a bit of a bust, due to some lousy seed stock, but still gonna make a go at it..

Last year, I grew mustard habeneros, kung paos, cayenne, garanong, and yellow suns, .. This year, I started (or tried to): cayenne, yucatan white, red mushroom, garanong, yellow sun, new mexicos, and short reds, .. BUT, all that came up this year were the cayenne, garanong, and yellow sun..

Anyone know of a reputable source of hot pepper seeds? With the seeds I've gotten thus far, I've had probably < 50% sprout rate..

THC123

Veteran
i just sprouted some but jolokia , mem jolokia korika jolokia and some fatali reds , trnindad red scorpion and of course my grandpa's south italian mini pepper seeds

never tried the others so wondering if they will be just as spicy as the south italian ones

the but jolokia is supposed to be the world's hottest pepper

so I'l be finally able to show my uncle a lesson:D

he always boasts about how much hotness he can take and eats them raw , i wanna see him eat a but jolokia raw :laughing::laughing:

C

cheesey

most of my chillis germed in 36 hours in wet tissues.

potted in canna soil seedling mix and under a 125watt enviro
temp 22c hum 55% also there 6 cherry tom seeds too .

Last edited:
M

Milhouse

Ive got two Bhut Jalokia seedlings sprouted under the shop lights with my other babies! I will try to get some pics up soon. I will be transplanting them into 7 gallon containers, maybe larger. Grew them in the ground last year and they produced very well!!! I dont even eat them, just have fun growing them and the pleasure of watching people eat them and almost pass out!!!

M

Mountain

Anybody know about Pedrino (?) peppers? They are definitely NOT hot but oh man tasty. End up green and at most half a finger long. Supposedly used in tapas bars in Spain? A friend served me up a batch of pan fried Pedrinos sauteed in some olive oil and salt. Every now and then a warm one. Only place I know I can get seeds is go to the Santa Cruz CA farmers market and get the peppers from the grower...but I'm like 250+ miles away.

Damn tasty!

D

dramamine

Oh yea, man. You're talking about Padron peppers. They have the most delicious nutty flavor. Funny thing is, like you said, once in a while you get one that is fiery as hell. So it's fun to see who gets those hot ones while eating them. They're perfect with a bunch of icy beers....yum. I'd like to pickle some, too. Might be tasty.

When I was cooking in san diego, there was a local farm that had begun growing them, so we were lucky to be able to use them. Maybe you could try the farmer's markets around there, if that's any closer.

M

Mountain

Yeah Padron's...thx and ordered some seeds today.

Named after the town where they originated. Harvest Padron peppers when they are 1-1 1/2" long. About 1 out of 20 fruits will be hot, and the rest mild. All the fruits become hot if allowed to grow 2-3" long. Padrons are served sautéed in olive oil with a little sea salt, and eaten as tapas (appetizer) in Spain.

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
picture.php

Here is the pack I ordered. Nice seeds.
And many of them too.
Gonna plant them tomorrow.
Hope I`m not too late :tiphat: