What's new

A few extraction pics

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Hi there guys.:tiphat:
Just a couple of pics from my last extractions.

PowerKush BHO
picture.php
pics

picture.php

AK47 HBO

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

WhiteWidow QWISO

picture.php

Any inpunt/pics from extractions are most welcome!:thank you:
Peace and Creation!:ying:

paulo73

Veteran
AK47 BHO

AK47 BHO

Hi there guys:tiphat:
Just a couple of pics from a 2weeks old AK47 HBO
Done using the honeybee extractor and 50grs of good quality AK47 trimmings. PoundShop gas and plenty of love:blowbubbles:
and voila!:artist:
Dont need to say that is just like honey and you get high without notice:ying:weak people may faint:laughing:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I hope you guys enjoy and start doing your own asap:jump:
Peace and Light to us all:ying:

paulo73

Veteran
Taste better by the day!

Taste better by the day!

loooks DELICIOUS!

Thank you my friend!
Tastes even better then it looks and the cure makes it even smoother on the lungs. I love it!:dance013:
Got one batch that im curing for next christmas, let´s hope i dont run dry :laughing:
Peace and Light:ying:

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran

This is a hexane pull from sativa, I vacuum the hexane out so it is clean.
I check with UV, if it glows green it is good oil, if it has a pastel pink or red tint then chlorophyll is present, red is from water or alcohol because chlorophyll does not disolve in hexane. If the surface reflects UV then it still has hexane trapped inside.
The big wavy rectangle in the middle happened from a single side razor blade I scrape the bowl with, 3 separate bladefuls so far.
It never will get hard, no resins with the oil. I am getting about an 8% return from trimmed and very very dry bud with 90 seconds of saturation with agitation before filtering.

Yum yum :kitty:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice shots Paulo :yes:
Can I ask you how do you use to smoke it? and did you use dried trim,don't you?

:wave:

J

juicepuddle

I check with UV, if it glows green it is good oil, if it has a pastel pink or red tint then chlorophyll is present, red is from water or alcohol because chlorophyll does not disolve in hexane. If the surface reflects UV then it still has hexane trapped inside.
The big wavy rectangle in the middle happened from a single side razor blade I scrape the bowl with, 3 separate bladefuls so far.
It never will get hard, no resins with the oil. I am getting about an 8% return from trimmed and very very dry bud with 90 seconds of saturation with agitation before filtering.

I wonder why it wont stabilize or get hard? I have alot of oil like this and would love to know the reasoning if anyone knows

dope_roor

yummy! hexane is extremely non polar molecule with high selectivity for THC, IIRC pure THC is viscous and oil-like

paulo73

Veteran
Hi there guys!

Hi there guys!

Many thanks for the educated opinion:thank you:
Until now i am just experimenting with several extraction methods/devices in order to decide which ones suits my needs/tastes the better. When that happens i will start checking/recording data about the processes and final results.
But for the time being i am just learning :)

Very nice! Good work

Smiley
Thank you my friend:thank you:

Nice shots Paulo :yes:
Can I ask you how do you use to smoke it? and did you use dried trim,don't you?

:wave:

Hi there noreason!
I have used mostly dried trim and a few hairy buds from the lower branches. I usually use a hot knife to spread the desired quantity on the rolling paper. You can also vaporize it or smoke it in a bubbler.

I wonder why it wont stabilize or get hard? I have alot of oil like this and would love to know the reasoning if anyone knows

There a few methods of purifying/stabilizing and i am still playing with it. Freezing , slow defrost, freezing , slow defrost again it´s pretty easy and change the product for the best.
You can also do a ISO wash to the BHO and will get even cleaner.
But i am looking for taste not potency. Because the potency is all there already:)

yummy! hexane is extremely non polar molecule with high selectivity for THC, IIRC pure THC is viscous and oil-like

Thanks for the info:thank you:

Tokingham

PM me if you have questions

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi there guys:tiphat:
Just a couple of pics from a 2weeks old AK47 HBO
Done using the honeybee extractor and 50grs of good quality AK47 trimmings. PoundShop gas and plenty of love:blowbubbles:
and voila!:artist:
Dont need to say that is just like honey and you get high without notice:ying:weak people may faint:laughing:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I hope you guys enjoy and start doing your own asap:jump:
Peace and Light to us all:ying:

Nice color and clarity bro!

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Nice color and clarity brother Phaeton!

Good info on use of a black light. I use a Magnaflux Zyglo unit, sold for Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection.

A fun trick to try, given that you are already playing with hexane, and that is to do the initial extraction with ISO, but instead of evaporating off all the alcohol, reduce it in volume to a manageable size, and then mix it with equal parts hexane and super saturated salt water.

Agitate and then put in a separatory funnel. The hexane will steal away the cannabinoids and rise to the top, leaving all the waxes and crap behind in the alcohol and water mix at the bottom.

Bleed off the lower layer, and purge the hexane, for a highly polished extract.

Hee, hee, hee...............