What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Medicinal Bill passed in South Africa

anxiousstoner

I have been following this story and it does not look like the bill has passed quite yet. Unless I missed something, but all these articles are using The MAvrick as source but the latest article about cannabis from the mavrick in SA was in late december

Just had that link sent to me from.a friend. I'm also digging into if it's in fact passed. I know they were optimistic about it being wrapped by April, fingers stay crossed.

MJINC

The legislation hasn't passed yet, the government still need to put in place the actual guidelines. It won't be anything like in the US though, more like Oz and there's also talk of very strict rules on facilities that would stop any small growers being able to produce and very strict guidelines on issuing a patient card

I've heard it's going to be really strictly controlled but as soon as the 1st step is taken the gates will open for more talk recreationally.. With the amount of money turned over in cannabis sales in North America alone our government have definitely taken note.

Zapadra

It's already begun. Come on guys get growing!! Fuck the "guidelines" and "medical application" TIA guys. TIA.

Last edited:

SmellyFlorist

One of the many issues I feel is that "they" can not strictly control anything... or actually organise anything... I see just one big producer, outside company, foreign consultants, state capital grants[think:some old orchid flat land, like one of the many "handed over"...]... people in the important seats have most probs already been wined and dined... nice mercs bought for the kids... thats why just all of a sardine "something" is getting "done"... I just dont see Mangoshutu's lil errand boy caring like he says he does, or anyone... watched a shit comedy last week and they were both in the audience, they didnt get up an walk out like the others over the fucking bullshit.... If things do happen to progress quickly, or quicklier, Id be wary and call bullshit... in africa wallets come first, people last... Im surprised the people in power can find the toilet every morning, never mind tell the difference between communism and democracy.... stuck in the past with their heads up their arse...

Definitely agree that under the tanke money's gonna be the biggest factor .. but I'm optimistic given our constitution small farmers will be considered. It would be ridiculous if they don't. But hey its south africa .. expect the wild west I guess

If they do or don't .. things won't change here besides going a bit bigger :biggrin:
picture.php

SmellyFlorist

But the under the table money has already gone bro... tata ma chance ekse... I hear your optimism, but I dont feel it, my belief is that the anc[lower case] has no fucking clue what a constitution is.... ewhat?? its evident cause they never hold themselves accountable for jackshit... other thing is and its probably more scary is that the anc have no idea what farming means.... small or big... they not farmers, never have been never will... eish brah call me pessimistic but I can see the writing on the wall... there will be no bud... no rosin... no cups... just some highly priced balms maybe a spray or two... and we will have to hide... even harder...

MJINC

My guess is the bribes will be in the R10m+ range and two to three licenses. The big problem will be that most of the foreign big growers will be put off by the harsh labor policies and difficult investment issues. if the government make the regulations very strict on patients then there's no upside unless they open it up to recreational use.

Zapadra

"Bribes" Lol. If you live in Africa and still believe bribery is just that, then you need to de-colonise your mind! :p

MJINC

Today our constitutional court ruled that the prohibition laws must be changed!!

Still has to be approved by the constitutional court and then the government has to pass legislation declassifying it. If everything goes well, SA is looking at around two years before all is well.

Burgundy Frost

There is a moratorium on prosecutions in the Western Cape, maybe the whole country not sure. There has already been a test case even before Friday's judgement. At worst they can pull out your plants and confiscate your stash but that is all. If you are arrested demand I lawyer immediately!