What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Colombian hybrid - Old school - easily available

Tipunch

Hi team,

Colombian back in the days was hands down my favorite smoke. I don't have access to clones so I'm looking for an easily available, well reputated, old school Colombian hybrid in regular form. Something like Panama x Colombia that Cannabiogen used to sell. Shouldn't be a late flowering as will be outdoor.

Any advices? Thanks team :tiphat:

Tipunch

Hi Guys,

I already have Destroyer so that one is locked. Panama doesn't have Any Colombian, looks great though but I really want a 50%+ Colombian :biggrin:

positivity

Veteran
The Colombian hybrid I have is great but my favorite variety from it was the way sativa leaning. Maybe just get a colombian landrace from ace, cannabiogen, or whoever has it available in the meantime.
Herbies has a colombian afghan available from a quick search, I'm sure theres more around

meizzwang

In case you don't want a hybrid, punto rojo is readily available at CBG. It's reported to be a highland Colombian strain, much like Colombian Gold. I can't vouch for the quality of CBG's punto rojo, but the now defunct BSC's line is outstanding!

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I have CBG Columbia Mango biche in my collection, supposedly it's 100% sativa Columbian from the mountains.

I can't vouch for it's quality since I haven't grown it.

IIRC Mangobiche is, or is close to Corinto, a low coastal area

Hi Guys,

I already have Destroyer so that one is locked. Panama doesn't have Any Colombian, looks great though but I really want a 50%+ Colombian :biggrin:

Panama is right next to Colombia, it is not exactly that different to the 5 well known Colombian , it is probably ACE/Cannabiogen's most worked strain, a way better choice than any raw landrace

positivity

Veteran
Hi team,

Colombian back in the days was hands down my favorite smoke. I don't have access to clones so I'm looking for an easily available, well reputated, old school Colombian hybrid in regular form. Something like Panama x Colombia that Cannabiogen used to sell. Shouldn't be a late flowering as will be outdoor.

Any advices? Thanks team :tiphat:

Bodhis Colombian hybrid, dreadbread, just became available again at glg... Great lakes genetics..

kro-magnon

Veteran
Bodhi has made a pack with Accapulco gold and Zipolite seeds in his Nierika seeds line but I don't know where you can get them.
There is also some Colombian Gold sold by World of seeds, I don't know how close they are from the original. I had 2 seeds as freebees and got a male with a powerful lime smell, I used it with a Headbanger and a Skylotus females, the results is pretty nice sativa cross. I enjoy so much the Headbanger x Colombia Gold that I made some F2, I'm still pheno hunting with the F1 actualy.

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
Schrom out west as well..........Thanksgiving finisher..........grows like smcg, but hits like rom..........

ganj on.........

Tipunch

There is also some Colombian Gold sold by World of seeds, I don't know how close they are from the original. I had 2 seeds as freebees and got a male with a powerful lime smell, I used it with a Headbanger and a Skylotus females, the results is pretty nice sativa cross. I enjoy so much the Headbanger x Colombia Gold that I made some F2, I'm still pheno hunting with the F1 actualy.
Hi mate, this one is work in progress right now but to be honest I'm not very happy of it's hardness during veg, I cut above 4th node and it stalled while others strains were thriving. May be bad luck on those 2 seeds. But Thanks for your info :tiphat:

kro-magnon

Veteran
I hope you'll get something good to smoke but I doubt it will be close to the old Colombia Gold. I have no idea what the female of this strain look like as i had only 2 males

Tipunch

Doesn't look much like a Colombian sativa for now but it still needs a bit of Time before I can judge the end product.

Best thing I have seen that I haven't tried and that seems easily available is Far Out by Mandala. The Bodhi strains that some have suggested don't appear on those sites I'm used to.

Such a Shame Colombian has disapeared like that.

justabluez

Veteran
I've grown World of Seeds Colombian Gold (fem) Twice. The last one took 15 weeks. Smells like chocolate/citrus/earthy. Nice uplifting energetic kind of HI. Definitely worth the grow. I made a cross (WOS)Colombian Gold X (Snowhigh) Pipe Dream. Smells like green onions, and smokes like an old school mexican sativa.

--> Check out World of Seeds Colombian Gold. Its worth the grow!

Tipunch

I've grown World of Seeds Colombian Gold (fem) Twice. The last one took 15 weeks. Smells like chocolate/citrus/earthy. Nice uplifting energetic kind of HI. Definitely worth the grow. I made a cross (WOS)Colombian Gold X (Snowhigh) Pipe Dream. Smells like green onions, and smokes like an old school mexican sativa.

--> Check out World of Seeds Colombian Gold. Its worth the grow!
Hi mate, thanks for update. Any picks of your 15 weeker ?

justabluez

Veteran
World of Seeds Colombian Gold - 15 weeker

World of Seeds Colombian Gold - 15 weeker

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• cg_82417_7.jpg
    cg_82417_7.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 5
  • cg_82617_3.jpg
    cg_82617_3.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 5

Tipunch

Hey Justabluez you're the man, Thanks for the pics ! Those spears look pretty fat and large at summit. Nice grow btw:tiphat: