What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2x3meter, 15 plant, 1800watt cheesey scrog

rocket high

Veteran
i might buy a rhino can ..... ive heard bad things about the prima klima range i think the're kinda budget stuff... no good.

have you got a enviromental controller or fan control module ... these can help the life of the carbon filter but shorten the fans life if ran under 70% power ....

am gonna remove all suspect items out of view .... dam this has got to get sorted soon or its gonna bugger my schedule... cheers again ts :)

rocket high

Veteran
here's a pic of my chronics i think they've had too much nitrogen .. what do you think ... it looks kinda similar to your nitrogen problem if thats what it is ,mind you...
picture.php

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Not sure about the N issue Looks like MG/Ca with the tips curling up like that unless your RH is low.

I have a rhino (phat) and it works a treat, I used to use prima controllers but they are as u say a lil crap :) so I have gone with this new S&C thingy which is the same price but alot better.... There is one by ecotechnics (evolution controller) I wanna try that looks the biz and can be hooked up to a heater as well. There is an S&C cobntroller approx. £220 that will control fans without any buzzing at all, a little bulkier than others but very good, reilable and noiseless fan operation (no buzzing at low speeds) as u guys know most of the noise if from 'wooshing' air from point a 2 b the acoustic ducting is definitely a PITA but is best at what it does.

rocket high

Veteran
i hear what your saying on the mag/cal def ...they get canna magnesium suppliment and the humidity's 55% give or take 5%.... don't think that canna stuff has calcium in it so it could be calcium def... not sure
It's ghe flora 3part am using just incase ya ask ...1.3 ec ph5.9

an update on the workies situation ... i heard my neighbours door going this afternoon so i pretended i thought it was mine and went out ... holy shit they were drilling his locks out..
this has got my mind racing! What they done that for?
but i hav'nt seen my neighbour for a few weeks so i could be a abandonment notice or they think its him thats growing. They were at his door yesterday but didnt get an answer
now this is happend.... its speculation realy at the moment but its worring :(

Tokesome

Well I just got back with a 10inch Original Can filter, I`ve used the smaller versions before with no issue, in fact a small 4 inch one is around 3 years old and still passes no smells.

I had to get a 10 inch as its rated at 1000m3 and my fan is 940m3. Their 8 inch is rated at 700m3, not enough. It means I have to reduce it down to 8 inch. Its one big freakin filter, and certainly heavier too, I`m hoping ant trusting that this will do the job properly now. They had no reducers in stock so I`m going to have to make one out of a large plant pot, oh what fun eh?

I`m hoping to have this job completed today with acoustic ducting back in place for the exhaust side.

I`ll report back with the results.

The filters I`ve had are called cf1025, not sure of the manufacturer, probably a fucking chinese import!! Sold by a suposedly reputable shop on line. God knows how many people have bought them, and may not realise that they dont work affectively until too late.

Toke

rocket high

Veteran
ts... i cant find original can filter on uk google ... can you give me a heads up on where you got it from or a wholesalers name ?

can find rhino's but not ocf :)

Tokesome

rocket high

Veteran
cheers ts am away to have a look the now .... i seen some product reports on rhino filters and they're all kinda bad ... but i think they're talking about the originals and not the pro range... so i'll keep an open mind... so these ocf are thicker which will make them better thats good...... i'll keep an eye out for your report on them :smoweed:

Tokesome

Yeah you hopefully wont have to wait too long, I`m hoping to have it all fitted tonight. I`ve just made a reducer out of two plant pots, some silicon and some tin foil cloth tape. Its a good tight fit so as long as the joint isn`t stressed it should do the job well.

Gonna change the ducting back to the acoustic stuff next, then connect the fan, then I`ll be waiting for help to get the filter up in the air, then coupling them up should be fun and games. I`m well fed up with having to go up in the loft, its filthy and I get really itchy with the glass fibre roof insulation. Hopefully this`ll be the last time I have to go up there for a while, except for quick stealth check-ups.

Let me know if ya find any reviews on the original cans.

Toke

Tokesome

I`m on a 5 minute break on a poker tourney whilst sat in a steamy hot bath. Just what I need after the worry and work I`ve been doing.

The good news is I`ve got the sweetest freshest air being exhausted from my very stinky room, and I`ve got control of the temps and humidity again, thanks to the Or. Can Filter. Quieter again too, with no ducting between the fan and the can, and acoustic ducting for exhaust, its really dampened the noise down, with a radio on low in the room, just in case anyone really tries to listen, I`ve had that happen before, nosey f**ker!!

I`m very impressed with the can, but hey Rocket, dont go by 8 inch or 10 inch etc, go by flow rate of the fan and get something a little above. For example my 8 inch fan has a flow rate of 940m3, the 8 inch can filter is rated at around 700 ( I think), so I went for the 10 inch 1000m3 rating and reduced from can to fan with a couple of plant pots. Works a fucking treat!! Just hope nobody has noticed anything up to now.

Photo013_3_1.jpg

Photo012_2_1.jpg

Bill and Ben stylie!!

Photo011_1_1.jpg

I had my plants under a huge dust sheet whilst doing this work, with just one light on in the opposite side of the room, so I gave them a miss on their feed today, the pots were still damp an hour from lights off so I decided to leave em till tmro.

There is still no development in the buds, I cant see it doing much more, they`ve swollen a bit, and that`s it, but I`m telling you, the buds are not right at all and I cant figure it out. I`ve decided not to let it get me down, but its not easy after so much effort and seemingly getting them back on track health wise.

They look like they`re thriving, the resin build up is like a hash plant strain, leaves still stretching upwards, but I`m not so sure that`s a good sign.

It looks to me like they were doing fine, then had a weird growth spurt and more or less stopped producing more bud, well things developed a little, but I do mean a little. I`ll give them longer if they`ll take it just in case they go for it again, but my understanding, all beit limited, is that the plants genetics are not going to trow back over the whole crop, (they came from 4 different mothers), maybe in the odd one if the strain was tired.

So can the early stress during veg possibly harm the plants to this degree, it certainly looks like its got to be something that affected them all and the def`s/lockouts certainly did. Otherwise I`ve got to accept that I still have environment or nutrient/feed issues. I feel I`ve gone through my whole grow room and technique and I struggle to find a hole in what I`m now doing.

I`d like to be able to understand it, it could just be bad luck, but I want to go into my next grow with some confidence,not fighting issues.

It could be too much N, but no tip burn?? If it is too much N, then it`ll be down to the Calmax having the 2% N in it on top of the dose in the Coco A+B nutes, but where do I find the balance, it seems all the C/Mg supplements have 2% N.

I reduced the amount of calmax to way below the recommended doses to still achieve ec0.3-0.4, way below. I`m wondering if it can be dropped further to ec0.1-0.2 and satisfy demands when used with the A+B. I haven`t tried with just RO water and A+B, I`d have thought that`d lead to trouble seeing as Canna design their nutes to go with tap water of ec0.2, where the majority of the ec0.2 is cal and Mg. I`m just trying to replace the shit in my tap water that plants seem to detest, with some good stuff. I let the ec come up to 0.3 knowing that N is going to be making up part of that figure. Does what I`m saying here make sense?:bump:

Toke

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Good to hear that everything is getting back to normal security wise! I always go by the rating bro, have had similar prob before, which I had to give a hydro store employee a good slating for...

Have you thought about mixing the RO with tap water to get the 0.2 EC I imagine it would take so much mate... I'm not going to bother with the RO filter anymore as I know have a dehumidifier that is producing 7-10L of water a day! EC .0 pH 7.4 Can cut this with tap water and I'm in business... not that I notice too many issue using Canna's nutes with my tap water of EC 0.7 pH 7.6.... Sure it will be better for them in the long run as less crap than straight tap water.

Oh yea... do u use GH ripen? If not would be worth a shot seeing as you have a few days left on them yet... does what it says on the tin bro, maybe it will give em a kick start to get back to work :D

Tokesome

Shit, I missed your last post about them drilling the locks out of yer neighbour`s place. Were they the workmen that were fixing your roof or a different crew. Probably not related, it`d be the cops if they suspected a grow I reckon. Still better get yer stealth up to scratch if you`ve got people fucking about next door.

Still think the walking stick idea is worth a bash, even if the cops come they`ll be as sympathetic as they can get I, reckon, if they see you as medical user.

Hope it all goes ok and like you say, all blows over. Moving is a PITA, but I`ve done it when I`ve had to.

Toke

Tokesome

Hey Shhh, missed ya coming in there. Yeah I went on rating, but that alone aint enough and buying a cheaper filter is a really bad idea. This one cost me nearly twice as much, and I got a good price on it, and its rated slightly less, but you can tell by the weight and thickness of the carbon collar that they are two completely different beasts. There are many people out there that have bought and will buy these filters and as a result will be detected. I hope I`ve gotten away with a close call. Some people out there making a fast profit at grower`s expense.

No I`ve never used ripen product, I know Scrogerman uses and swears by the stuff. To be honest I want these to go longer if possible, its the only way I see them making any advancement.

I dont think my issue is with the amount of cal/Mg in my tap water, its only ec0.3, but there is definitely something they struggle with in my water. The difference in the health of rooting cuttings is clear, and the general look of my plants is really good, and that`s a first for the past 3 grows. Its either the quality of the mineral content or they`re fucking with the water or I have dodgy pipes here.

I suspect the damage was done to these plants throughout the long (because the plants took ages due to the def`s/lockouts)veg cycle, it must be that, surely.

Toke

rocket high

Veteran
ive got the sorta the same problem when i moved my tank i stressed them and to make matters worse i changed their nutes at the same time .... then they stopped growing for 3-4 days then the iron def showed it ugly head.... they got over that and it was good for a few weeks there' but now ive noticed a mg or calcium def they get canna mg supplement but i think this has unbalanced the calcium so it's one thing after another with this grow ..just want it finished now so i can set up my big room and do my big scrog but if these bastarding workers are still hanging about then i''ll have to shut down (temporarily)

i hear ya on the carbon filter the bigger the better .... nice hanging work you've done there... hope your joists are strong enuff for that big ocf ;)

The housing have emptied my neighbours house of everything this morning so the worry now is who the hell is going to get the house hope its a grower that would be amazing and not an old fart that moans about every little thing ..you know the sort. be safe kw :)

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Hello lads, sounds like the mini breaches in security over the last few days are being sorted that's good shit!

rocket, if all stays cool, then I would ensure that your home is secured at all times, don't want some bloody lot trying to break in and nick your stash ;) If they did cotton on then and no police called, that maybe a thought... small percentage, so don't wanna freak u out anymore then u already be.... guess I am just a lil more para than most :)

Toke, yes cheap filters are not the one for the win! My one is due an upgraded next time, I'll have a look into what are currently rated 'top filter' by those who use em! Us lot! The growshops are always getting the new best something or other kinda annoying when u been buying shit for a while and they are still trying to pimp ya now & again.

I hear ya about the stress and being related... Probably is. Problem is there is no way to really tell :) Don't take that the wrong way though....The bolting you are experiencing I had on a couple of grows with the same strain old school afghani (15 years old mom! Passed onto me) and put it down to the mother the clones came from as apposed to the growing conditions as it happened twice with different grows. Grew other clones from the same mom without issue...

When it happened to me, I cut off the new growth tip and hit em with the ripen, the plants below cut tips finshed up albeit with less growth than the would normally occurred, but they moved on is the important thing.

I guess that yours have still not beefed up fully/ become hard and are a still a little soft when pushed between forefinger & thumb, hence the unwillingness to get them down anytime soon. If I read the dates correctly your about day 58 today, 9 week strain, right?, so 5 days to go right? Ripen can be used for 10 days and you can still flush for 4-5 days with water which would take you into the 72nd day. I would consider it bro, might just be what they need.

The way I see it if they are kinds 'stuck' or confused as it were... They were definitely trying to veg a bit so must be 'stuck' in between modes as it were. Like when you reveg a plant it takes a couple weeks for whatever processes to occur before it will grow a new shoot and stop flowering.

Same as when we flip em to bloom, there's the stretch then pistils , so always a couple weeks wait before something occurs.... but there are products out there that help early onset of flowers this must tell the plant something and boom we see pistils popping out a 10 days instead of 14. If this is the case they need a good kick up the japseye to get em moving again. Ripen is just that, a signal that tells em they're going to die in turn they give up the last bit of energy to phatten up finish - exactly what your waiting for ;)

Tokesome

Thought provoking Shhh, I dunno though, the buds are really quite dense, just tiny, the buds on the colas aren`t joined up, its almost like they`ve all done that short stretch thing and got little bulbous heads with nothing backing up behind, just like the top sprouts.

I dont know if the GH Ripen is sold locally, and not sure if its the right move or not, the stuff under the main tops will defo need a week or two in the light to firm and ripen up, otherwise I`m going to have a lot of popcorn, fuck it looks like it might be all popcorn at this rate.

This is one of the buds that I`m pulling away from mid way down a cola!

Photo019_1_1-1.jpg

Photo022_3_1.jpg

Photo026_6_1.jpg

Photo034_7_1.jpg

Photo054_15_1.jpg

Do you really reckon Gh Ripen could help this sorry looking lot? The only good looking thing about this lot is the resin build up.

Its going to be a real disaster for me if this lot goes down as bad as its looking so I may well have a go with it, at least on some of the plants, then If I notice any advantage, quickly apply it to the rest of them, I wont mind if harvest is staggered, I`m gonna have to do it all myself as there isn`t going to be enough to get a couple of mates in helping, though its going to be fiddley and take ages to do it on my own.

The tiny nugs are dense, except when you go deeper down in the canopy where light is in shorter supply. Will Gh Ripen work on dense tiny flowers. I thought the idea of GH ripen was just to bring stuff to an end together, like if you have one or two phenos that are taking a week or 3 longer than the rest of the crop, or have I got that wrong mate?

I might take this to the infirmary see if any further ideas come up or whether anyone has had the same things happen.

The other thing is that on the 2 plant scrog which was still having the bottoms harvested last FRi/Sat, a lot of the buds started pushing little male bananas out, something else for me to throw in to the equation.

I feel cursed at the moment, I`ve never had anything like it, and on the back of a long long year of half yeilding plant problems. Finally, I feel I get to the bottom of that and all plants looking the picture of health and then this happens. I`ve invested a lot when things have been really tough, and now I really need a result and it looks like that`s not going to pan out.

Cheers Toke

Tokesome

A few more shots of the crappy but resinous tops.

Photo055_1_1.jpg

Photo059_3_1.jpg

Photo060_4_1.jpg

An odd double top, where a lower bud has managed to out shoot the top one.

Photo063_7_1.jpg

Could it really be that they`re stuck between grow and bloom, like confused? I certainly am.

Toke

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Hi toke, that really is strange now you have took the close up's they show alot more detail... They actually look close to being done right? But the buds are as u say for the most part small and popcorn like, although looking finished... weird. As they look pretty much near finished I am not sure Ripen will actually do anything... As where your new growth has occurred (bolting tops) the buds on the stretched tops also look near finished.

I'm not sure what to say, it may just be a case of taking this one for the team, trimming the tops off and then giving the lower bud a chance to do it's thing (as long as it hasn't also grown popcorn like) as if it has then I would just get the whole lot down and start a fresh asap, cut your losses, as it maybe the case that trying to help this lot becomes a false economy.

Sorry man, as the other tent bud looks like it is some nice shit smoke wise, and even this lot small as the buds maybe look killer. Do you think the resin boost is down to the molasses? As that really is some frosty ass bud.

Latest posts

Latest posts