What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

s60 and mataro blue

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 28

IM FUKED

the sour is off the fuking scale and my grow room is not gonna be able to maintain both plants, she doesnt even look like she is gonna slow up anytime soon, so im faced with big descions on what to do next

she stands at 21" tall but her width is killing me, this might end up turning this into a 1 plant grow show as i cannot sustain 2 plants of this size in my space

pics

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you really haven't space for it, turn your mataro into clones?
If they take 1-2 weeks to root that will buy you some time, then another couple of weeks to get big enough to flower?

Or you could do some heavy trimming on the s60, and then tie the branches up/in rather than down

What are you thinking skotty?

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
im thinking go for maximum yield from the sour 60 just so i can put it to bed and move on at the same time my hearts breaking cause i really wanna taste the widow x blueberry

ive been out and bought an x-stream 12 site propogator today which has many many benefits to me cause i grow in hydro, not only will it clone and start seeds off but i can sex autos and transfer them straight to dwc buckets , result

yeah ive had a cup of tea an considered my options i think im gonna push the mb out the way and let the sour have the space to do her thing and eventually take clones as late as poss, by doing it this way i could end up with 2 x widow x blueberry instead of 1 :)

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeh good plan, i think thats the sensible thing to do
You're just under half way with her, whereas the mb will take longer i bet even if you were to flip her into flower now.

Get two good clones for indoor after the S60, and get a few for outdoor use..
then nothing is lost :)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 30

its safe to say that ive blown the sour up to the next level, 24" tall 82cm wide BOOM!!!

she is feeding @ 1.3 ec which looks like its gonna be increased today to 1.4 ec as her appetite is ferocious,because of her big cannopy i seem to of lost her res which is definatley hiding in there somewhere ;)

ive ripped off all the shitty popcorn sites on the lower half of the plant and removed a few branches also as the light aint gonna penertrate her bush

welcome to the power of the sour :dance013:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
whoop whoop

whoop whoop

IDEA: What if you put that smaller plant on a flipped over bucket so the top canopies are even. just a thought... good luck with that nuclear plant! (fckin hydro-naughts w your big ass plants :respect:)

QUESTION: I set up a DWC at my GFs after seeing your shit about 2 months ago. She has shit lights so Im not expecting a good final product. Regardless, I have never seen a plant grow so fast as the first 3 weeks in the DWC tub. What do you do to keep the algae growth off the roots? Is it just a matter of shading? Thanks Bro.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep no question hydro kills it in veg!

I said she would be a monster mate.. s60 gets big in soil when treated right.. many examples from what i have seen over 2 foot tall in modest amounts of soil...

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
sour 60 is like a box of chocolates.... you never know what your gonna get (new advertising slogan for mdanzig)

by that i mean it really is a lucky dip with some being more sativa which i can see getting really talll and others being indica dom and being really bushy and then you will have a mix of sat/dom

anyways the sour has performed well so far and now we move onto the next stage which is where i missed timed maxi and got my nutes a bit muddled up

im gonna use vitalink max bloom,carboload, pk13/14 maybe overdrive now the biggest down fall out of this line up is the vitalink bloom because it has way to much nitrogen in its make up for the flowering phase so the plan is as follows...

ive started to add pk13/14 at low dosage already and de-creased the amount of bloom nutes, over the flowering period and every res change ill be increasing her pk13/14 and decreasing her bloom feed till eventually she has very little nitrogen in her res and its mainly p and k

that is the only downside to vitalink nutes and this is where i fuked up with maxi in producing a monster harvest, didnt give her enough p + k and it took me 1 grow to figure this out

me personally im a bigger fan of canna nutes as a base and i swear that you could pull a decent harvest just by using the base nutes alone, its really strong stuff and you only need to tweek it just slighty to get the bigger rewards

i seen a few people mentioning adding silicon to plants to increase the structure and gain thicker stems etc canna already has silicon in the base nutes and by comparing the sour 60 against the mataro blue there really isnt any competiton which plant looks stronger and it is the mataro blue whos structure is very sturdy compared to the sour

each feed will have carbo-load (molasses) as its my personal fav and i do swear by the stuff

although i am open to suggestions if you guys have any info on flower feeding ;)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
QUESTION: I set up a DWC at my GFs after seeing your shit about 2 months ago. She has shit lights so Im not expecting a good final product. Regardless, I have never seen a plant grow so fast as the first 3 weeks in the DWC tub. What do you do to keep the algae growth off the roots? Is it just a matter of shading? Thanks Bro.

the only thing that causes algae in the res is light, as long as your res is light proof then you can kiss algae goodbye

here is a schedule of pk13/14 that i will be using obviously ive tailored it to suit my needs so lets see what happens ;)

picture.php

Good info bro! I wasn't too fussed by Canna Aqua in my bubblers, but then it could have been anything that killed my babies off!

uptosumpn

Veteran
well i'm breeding with sour60 as well....(sour60 female<[19" tall w/berry smell] x purple jem male,<[no color, just stunk to high hell!!] = SourJems! <jus did a germ test on F2's....100% germ!) So look out for a journal soon...Love Sour60!!! and your loves DWC!!! Looks like you found the PERFECT pheno!!! SUCKS that you wont get beans off her though.....

J

joejusttyped

Fuck skotty shes a monster. Good shit man. Wishing I didnt keep my s60 in party cups ITT -_-

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
well i'm breeding with sour60 as well....(sour60 female<[19" tall w/berry smell] x purple jem male,<[no color, just stunk to high hell!!] = SourJems! <jus did a germ test on F2's....100% germ!) So look out for a journal soon...Love Sour60!!! and your loves DWC!!! Looks like you found the PERFECT pheno!!! SUCKS that you wont get beans off her though.....

mate i dont have the space for breeding, breeding is all about growing a strain a few times to understand how they work and then selecting the phenos you want to work with in order to get certain traits and then improve on these traits to bring out the best in the genetics, to do this you need patience and time and space and commitment, i think breeding is an art especially if you wanna be a good breeder and produce the best strains, no disrespect but a lot of growers just chuck pollen from 1 plant to the next and call it breeding but its not true breeding in any sense of the word

if i was gonna breed id have to have the passion and the drive to wanna produce the best strain thats out there and focus my attentions on doing this but that force is not with me i just wanna grow females and appreciate some 1 elses hard work and efforts and try and grow that strain to the best it can be,in order to find a good breeder you have to study their work and see the structure of their plants and how many phenos are in the line by doing this you can tell that the breeder menas business and is passionate about their work and providing a top quality end product, and its hard to find real breeders like that but they are out there