What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Introducing Sour 60!

whens these new auto seeds come out october? another thing i was wondering about is the blueberry female seeds you put out,any kinda problems with the blueberry plants? cant seem to find any grows of it and the one i grew hermied on me

Leviathan

Doc budd and his bold large type and re posted after re posted after re posted pics, how many times dou have re quote yourself, are u that lonely living ''of the grid'' as u say you are that this is how u get attention.

You keep bitching about autos, why are u upset with plants that yeild 10-30 grams in 60 days? your mr. 5 gram cola , shouldnt this be a good thing?

I am the mighty levi, ive taught the world to realize that any idiot can go to home depot and buy a cfl and put a plant under it, not doc budz..lol

BlackMagic

Everyone, you can live in denial if you so wish but DrBudGreengene's statement is correct. The Autoflowers isn't a "new" thing, they have been around for 23 years and there's a reason why they didn't get a warm welcome in the mid-eighties. They simply don't produce enough THC. Since the base is Ruderalis and always will be, they won't be even near to produce the same quality as "regular" cannabis (Sativa, Indica and so on) ever.

There you go, so have we straighten things up now? :joint:

I like autoflowers since they allow me to grow quick but they won't be my first choice if i ever would be forced to buy genetics... and hey, pay some respect to DrBudGreengenes even if you hate his point of view.

Looking forward to see how the Sour60-craze turns out, might even try to get some beans (Just for fun, right?) :)

Leviathan

the low thc thing is bullllllllllllllllllllshite...atleast today it is, 23 years ago it might have been true. but smoke any of the new autos and youll be impressed, i agree on anyone doing more then a quick grow that they should grow something better but if you have limited time or want a quick outdoor run autos are potent smoke period. ive been smoking my diesel ryder all week and am more then impressed and my lowryder 2( part northern light n santa maria) i mind u is even stronger and im more then impressed with it, im just tired of hearing people talk about them being so week, its far from true.

those are some pretty lil plants there mdanzig, i always enjoy the pics u post about the plants u work hard to share and show

Open Eyes

Mdanzig, thanks for your continued efforts to help us 50+N growers. We are very limited as far as what strains we can cultivate and these Auto's are a god sent treat.

Those girls look very nice and i am happy that you have decided to let some of the larger phenos through. Little LR's and other strains are nice but yield is lacking so your beans are going to be well sought after.

Some people just like to argue so dont let that stop you as most of us appreciate your efforts no matter if they grow auto's or not.

Puffster

Wow....
U autoflower Cats sure are defensive
Ya'll need to relax
Mdanzig
the pic U have chosen to pull is of a bonsai male....(note the M on the cup)the pic shows how SMALL a male can be kept to PRESERVE his gene pool....he is OVER 1 year in a "Dixe Cup"....it allows a whole CANDYSTORE of genes to be preserved...in a very small space
U guys need to realize this whole "Autoflower" craze it to sell U seeds..
U guys r responding just as planned to the "Hype" of the "Next new" idiot Proof MJ plant
P.T Barnum is Proud

has ANYONE but me notice that the FIRST thing ppl do with autos is "Make more seeds"...and further dilute the gene pool.
U guys R playing along...just as planned
Enjoy yourselves
Cause Believe me ......If there was a REAL true DECENT autoflower strain out there....there would be HUGE Guerrilla grows
BY Professionals because early Harvest just makesgreat sense
But the problem STILL exists....LACK of vigor
Botrytis wreaks Havoc w/the autoflowers....as soon as they get any size to them
U folks have fun..
I'll just enjoy the show

hehe I dont know what is more fun....you slating autos or you thinking that every dude with a big guerilla \ commercial grow feel like posting up pictures of what they are currently doing....

but I agree with you on the mold, AF plants suck when it comes to mold resistance.....and I also agree that a lot of people have jumped on this AF breeding bandwagon and are calling themselves breeders while they really only are pollenchuckers, but the same can be said about Rez, and he sure seems to get enough respect here....

take joey weed forexample, he got some brilliant strains and I've never heard a negative thing said about him, and I've spoken with him quite a lot on e-mails and as he say "I dont call myself a breeder, I just take what is already bred and make good parental selections to make great f2's"

and indeed his stuff is _GREAT_.....doesnt put him up there with sam the skunkman and the "real" breeders though

there is a difference and I think that "breeder" is a term that shouldnt be used as loosely as it is now.

rant over.

Puffster

AF have been around since 1986 (Neviles "Ruderalis Indica")
the time has been put in and .........R we still waiting on this "Perfect idiot Proof Outdoor Plant"?

To.....Ummm?
Cash in on the Autoflower craze?

okay I'll give you this example:

lets just say a friend of mine had a 400 plant AF outdoor grow 4 years back in time.....he got about 180 females to finish, each plant yielded him about 25 grams - 4,5 kilos

thats probably not impressive for a 'bigtime player' like yourself but consider this:

these plants were grown in a country where growing other outdoor plants is nearly impossible, and weed is hard to come by....this makes weed a novelty around here and in other words - prices are HIGH...the person Im talking about got about 8 thousand euros each kilo.....so that adds up to about 36thousand euros, now that is quite an okay return for sowing some seeds with minimal preperation and no maintanance during growing other than pulling males isnt it?

THC123

Veteran
@ drbudgenes

autoflowers are simply very nice for people like mt that like to have an extra early outdoor harvest.

I didn't have any mold on my lowryder 2 and i thought taste and potency where great on most phenos

no reason to be such an asshole bout it IMHO:noway:

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everyone, you can live in denial if you so wish but DrBudGreengene's statement is correct. The Autoflowers isn't a "new" thing, they have been around for 23 years and there's a reason why they didn't get a warm welcome in the mid-eighties. They simply don't produce enough THC. Since the base is Ruderalis and always will be, they won't be even near to produce the same quality as "regular" cannabis (Sativa, Indica and so on) ever.

There you go, so have we straighten things up now? :joint:

I like autoflowers since they allow me to grow quick but they won't be my first choice if i ever would be forced to buy genetics... and hey, pay some respect to DrBudGreengenes even if you hate his point of view.

Looking forward to see how the Sour60-craze turns out, might even try to get some beans (Just for fun, right?) :)

wrong. i just started growing auto's this year and my friends cannot tell the difference between auto's and my regular bud. wrrrrroooong

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
these plants were grown in a country where growing other outdoor plants is nearly impossible, and weed is hard to come by....this makes weed a novelty around here and in other words - prices are HIGH...the person Im talking about got about 8 thousand euros each kilo.....so that adds up to about 36thousand euros, now that is quite an okay return for sowing some seeds with minimal preperation and no maintanance during growing other than pulling males isnt it?

A great example.....

Here is a another great example and it is from a current member here that most everyone knows so if you have questions ask him about it.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=120856

S_a_H

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i just started growing auto's this year and my friends cannot tell the difference between auto's and my regular bud. wrrrrroooong

I think a lot depends on how close to a grower you are and what kind of weed is available locally.

You get down into the desert southwest you can get some good green but its full of seeds. So when I brought a quart jar of Blue Streak and Masterlow to work and opened it up in the back of the warehouse it only took about 10 mintues before the testers up front were in the back to see WTF was up. We sat around all day that Friday playing the xbox eating bagels and baked.

S_a_H

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hehe I dont know what is more fun....you slating autos or you thinking that every dude with a big guerilla \ commercial grow feel like posting up pictures of what they are currently doing....

but I agree with you on the mold, AF plants suck when it comes to mold resistance.....and I also agree that a lot of people have jumped on this AF breeding bandwagon and are calling themselves breeders while they really only are pollenchuckers, but the same can be said about Rez, and he sure seems to get enough respect here....

take joey weed forexample, he got some brilliant strains and I've never heard a negative thing said about him, and I've spoken with him quite a lot on e-mails and as he say "I dont call myself a breeder, I just take what is already bred and make good parental selections to make great f2's"

and indeed his stuff is _GREAT_.....doesnt put him up there with sam the skunkman and the "real" breeders though

there is a difference and I think that "breeder" is a term that shouldnt be used as loosely as it is now.

rant over.

Can someone out there gimme a AMEN !!!!!!!

S_a_H

Open Eyes

wrong. i just started growing auto's this year and my friends cannot tell the difference between auto's and my regular bud. wrrrrroooong

I agree with this statement as well.

Grew for many years and have smoked weed for the better part of 25 years now so when i smoked this Auto AKxLR it was a real shock to the system and it tasted very sweet indeed.

Given a blind taste test with no prior knowledge of strains i bet my ass you could NOT tell the difference between a modern AF and a regular strain.

All this AF bashing is really getting me sick. I was happy as hell to get what i got in shitty, compared to California, weather England. Yes, they do not produce as much as a regular but friggen hell i am not a dealer and only grow for myself so there is not need to be looking at pounds and pounds of it.

I

IceColdCrickets

Im only going to take this one time to say this and then Im done with it period. His views are his own and I respect that but he is making statement that he feels are ture, show us proof DR. where is your proof,, if you cant back it up, shut up.

Everyone Please forget about Dr.budGreengenes,, He is just ranting about shit HE thinks he knows, I really dont know why he feels the need to spread UNFOUNDED false truths about NEW AF strains, thats right NEW AF hybrids, Not Neviles work or anyone elses, he doesnt grow or breed them nor has he work on them for 7 yrs like me and others here. AF breeding is in its infantcy, it will take time to create beautiful strains that even he would be PROUD of as he puts it.

Now after I post this he will prolly come back at me with his bullshit about how past breeders like Nevile and others failed to bring AFs to high potency, for 23 yrs, blah blah blah,,, WELL guess what DR. WE are not them! We are using different genetics then they did. We all know Pure Ruderalis has low potency why do you think we have outcrossed so far away from it? All we want is the AF trait, You have NO proof that the AF trait is in direct connection with potency, you act like there is no way in hell that High Potency can be bred into a plant containing AF genetics! WHERE IS YOUR PROOF!? You have NO idea what we have created, we don't post everything. All of your so called facts are based upon what you have read from past breeders early work on AFs, get your own experience on NEW AFs bro before you go off and bash something you have limited to no experience with.

NOW to put all this shit to rest! I and another member, are working hard to get some AF strains tested for potency. I will even post up the LAB results, you must understands Dr. that not all of us are noobs and unprofessional. I will get the MY proof, where is yours?

So, attack me, defend yourself, whatever you feel the need to do,, all in all your ranting here is pointless. If he makes another statement ignore it, it will just be a repeat of what he has already said.

ICC. :smoke:

hey SaH sorry off topic but bah.

lowrdr

looking forward to hearing those lab results ICC! af's are potent, as strong if not better than alot of stuff i have smoked in the past so keen to see what the results are! keep up the good work!

lwheidt

Everyone who knows anything knows autoflowers are potent. Why would we all be messing around with plants that weren't potent. I love lowryder crosses.

CraftyApe

Ya know Dr whats his face was right about one thing, once the sour 60 is out I will be ordering it and ya know what the first thing I am going to do with it is? A seed run.

He however seemed to have a pine cone pretty deep in his ass about the fact that everyone is going strait for the commercial applications i.e. selling seeds. Yea there are some douche's out there that are gloming on to MD's work, on to JD's work and on LL's work and I suspect others but the vast majority of us that are making seeds out here myself included are so that I don't have to piss about with buying the bloody things again. Where I am it is a massive pain in the ass to get seeds and so of course I am going to do a seed run so that if I like a strain like what MD has produced then I can do it over and over and over. Plus it allows me the opportunity to help med patients become self sufficient and I think that autos hold the future for the med patients that honestly will never have the passion for the plants that we do. The folks that just want to stop hurting I think are perfect candidates for the autos once they reach the right point. And it sure looks like it is happening fast.

So my vote of confidence goes to MD and his work to the extent that I will state unequivocally that I WILL be his customer and look forward very much to growing out his products. Even more in fact than I look forward to smoking his products. Bout time I got off my ass and got some of MD's genes in my collection.

Latest posts

Latest posts