What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Picture Problems

Grateful D

up untill a few days ago pics were showing up fine on icmag but latley just pic symbols are coming up, no pics on any icmag pages. anyone have any ideas? thanks

Grateful D

right i understand, i did what you said, and i get a message that comes up and says 'This site is already in the Trusted Site Zone' also pics in my albums that are posted in my journal are showing up fine. its everyone elses pics i cant see, and i dont get a red x i get the symbol like when you first go to a web page before a pic loads. only the pic never loads and the symbol just stays there. sometimes i can click on these symbols and the pics pop up in new window, somtimes it wont even let me click on it at all. as i said this is a new problem and i have been racking my brain trying to figure out if i have in any way changed my browsers configuration and i dont think i have. thanks

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Being a Mac guy, I don't know how well this translates to PC. Have you run your diagnostics, disk repair, de-frag suites? Can you set up separate User Accounts on your computer? Open a new account and see if the browser exhibits the same trouble. If the new account works, try trashing the browsers preference files in the established account.

It may not be something you physically did. Computers don't store things like a librarian, they store like a 5 year old's bedroom. Everything is dumped on the floor and kicked under the bed in no particular order. The computer trusts it's blinding speed to reassemble things in time. Dump and kick things under the bed a few hundred thousand times, they break, get lost, lose headers forgetting where they go, and things stop working as they should. Tossing existing preference files will force the machine to build new ones without the broken bits.

D

DoffCocker

If your using firefox, make sure you havent blocked images for the site accidently(very easy to do as its an option on the right click menu), click tools, then options, then content, then the second 'exceptions' button to check.

e2a: after reading your posts properly im pretty sure that isnt it.

Grateful D

thanks for the help. i created a new account and tried it and the same thing happens. i did try oppening with firefox and it seems to work fine. so maybe ill try downloading exploer again. thanks for the help everyone. ill keep troublshooting hopefully i can figure it out

nyy27

I probably should start a new thread but has anyone been getting "total album file size quota exceeded" when loading pictures into the album? They are all sized less than 800X800 I'm not sure whats the deal is...
Cheers

D

DoffCocker

thanks for the help. i created a new account and tried it and the same thing happens. i did try oppening with firefox and it seems to work fine. so maybe ill try downloading exploer again. thanks for the help everyone. ill keep troublshooting hopefully i can figure it out

stick with firefox, its much better :stocking:

Grateful D

figured out what the problem was had to go to internet options and enable the http to display mixed content. thanks to all who helped

Skip

Veteran
figured out what the problem was had to go to internet options and enable the http to display mixed content. thanks to all who helped
Cool! Glad you were able to figure it out. That's something to remember next time this comes up. :)