What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yeoman: 2011 Outdoor

haxi

Super-great!

Keep up the updates we're waiting for the big show!! :D

Keep up the good work dude ;)

Peace :rasta:

Yeoman

Sorry for lack of updates.. Been an interesting week. The trend around here has been wind and rain..

The ladies are looking great. The Mr Nice (both phenotypes) are stretching and filling out well. The Jack Flash are extremely vigorous and almost 3' tall. The Jilly's and White Rhinos are enjoying the 6' pots to stretch into.

The Light Deprive project is still underway, just need better weather to finish the greenhouse up. I've added Kandy Kush, Caterac Kush and Platinum White Rhino to the line-up.

I'll post pics shortly.

Regards,

Yeoman

Update

Update

We are going on 6 days of rain in a row. I was told today by a neighbor who has been in the neighborhood for the last 20 years that he has only seen frozen particapation one (1) time since he has been on the hill.. So far it has sleeted the last two days.

The temperature within the cold tunnels have been averaging 55-81 degrees and 90% humidity. The rain run-off has been streaming through the cold tunnels into the bottom of the smart pots. It wasnt planned, but the ladies seem to be taking a liking to the watering from the bottom of the pots. Stretching those roots out.

picture.php

May 27th

picture.php

Mr Nice 1 at night - May 26th

picture.php

Hendrix-flauge

picture.php

Looking at Jack Flash' - May 20th

picture.php

Corona vs Mr. Nice 1

picture.php

Beneficial w/ a little photoshop

Only a week more of this rain..

Regards,

mapinguari

Veteran
Man, you had even more snow than us, if that's a new photo! Your girls look good, some of mine are a little curled like that too, just wait till that empyrean blaze stokes up and they'll be reaching wide. Here's props on your A-frame hoop house, looks like you must have used angled T's, that's a pretty good idea. Or is it? How do you think it compares to more of an arc? (I made mine in an arc, partly because the plan is to keep the hoops as structural supports, along with trellis netting.)

Looks like next Tuesday starts a run of much warmer weather, and we'll be gradually warming up till then, too.

Good luck Yeoman.

Yeoman

Aye. I can't wait until Tuesday.

As for cold tunnels. In my opinion do not go with couplers. Ever. The wind flexed the sides so much that basically every coupler failed. That required the use of copious amounts of 3M brand duct-tape, and eventually a re-build. I'd do the 20' sections of 1" if I was working w/ temporary PVC cold tunnels.

I've been able to keep the foliar schedule for the last month and I def see it working.

So starting on Tuesday I'll be finishing up the light dep. I will also be getting 20 Northern Lights #5 that will grow in 30 gallon bags. The NL5's are from clone and are about 2 feet tall and 2' wide.

Regards,

Yeoman

Well.. The girls have all at least doubled in size. The Light Deprive project is almost complete. Those plants are almost all bigger in diameter then the 30 gallon bags they are in. The Green Crack, Mr Nice and Jilly Beans are extremely vigorous so far. With so much root space in the 6' diameter pots they have been blowing out more than up with minimal pruning needed.

Completed a 7' tall deer fence around the entire garden and finished up my signs. So far this warm streak has done wonders for the garden. I'm keeping sup light on the plants until this upcoming full moon. I did remove the 160' long and 20' wide greenhouse film off the three cold tunnels. The temperatures were starting to get higher than I prefer, and since everything has dried up there is no longer the benefit of increased humidity.

I will update with pics tomorrow.

Stay Frosty!!

Regards,

Yeoman

Update June 13th

Update June 13th

Busy day.. Did a bunch of FIM-ing and supercropping last evening after a good foliar of Calcium 25 and Mytokin. The Jack Flash's were getting out of hand. Even though they have never had to compete for light they have grown to look like an X-mas tree more than in the past. They have taken alot of work to get them to morph into a more ball shaped structure; well worth it.

Building up the Light Deprive structure around two existing 20' x 10' x 8' tall gator-steel greenhouse frames that are now connected. This process should be done within the next day or so. I plan on flipping the ladies during the next full moon as stated in the above post. I am using a couple layers of Panda paper on the rear and sides stapled to the wooden frame, and a 20' x 60' silver/black 4 layer reinforced tarp that will will be pulled every day. Ventilation will be made possible by a solar powered attic fan built into an off-set louvered light box that will keep any light from enetering the structure whilst 'blacked out.'

The Killer Queen Redux ladies that I got from Ganja D have started to open up. The leaves are giant. The Jilly Beans and White Rhinos are taking off still.

picture.php

Blast from the past.. Site prep around May 1st.. Plugged in around May 6th.

picture.php

Mr Nice on June 12th (Mr. X in the background)

picture.php

Lookin' at Jack Flash

picture.php

Mr Nice vs Corona

picture.php

Light Deprive in the frames. Shortly there I will build a wooden frame over this and apply the tarps and attic fan for ventilation, etc.

picture.php

Super-cropped Jack Flash

Regards,

Bud Sweat

wow dude, im impressed. Might be my favorite grow on here, your definitely not cutting any corners. Props and keep it up!

Yeoman

Update June 15th

Update June 15th

Slowly but surely finishing up the Light Deprive project. I should be complete and flipping these babies within the next two or three days. I have to flip them soon else they will out stretch their greenhouse frame.

Did a Brix Mix foliar this morning. The ladies are happy.

Got 15 Northern Lights #5's this morning too. They are clone starts, maybe rooted for 7 days in soil. I am trying to figure out the best way to grow them yet.

Anyways, enough of my babbling, here are a few pics...

picture.php

Slowly but surely the Light Deprive is erected

picture.php

Jack Flash vs Corona - June 14th

picture.php

Jack Flash stalk - June 15th

picture.php

Jilly Bean vs Corona

picture.php

Last Night of Sup Light

picture.php

Jack Flash after the Brix Mix Foliar - June 15th

picture.php

Overhead picture of the Green Crack in light deprive

picture.php

Until next season. Pulling down the light tonight...

Regards,

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
god damn yeoman going big!!! gotta respect the work you are putting in on this one..gotta stay tuned for this...inspiring to say the last....

what was the total tab on that delivery haha...move pallets by the truck!!

Yeoman

Thanks Haxi and Yes4prop215.. I sure hope so.

The semi was $96 / hour. We had two deliveries w/ maxed out weight, plus load and unload time. Cost about $1k including the tip. Extremely professional. Anyone in the 530 that is looking for this semi service can PM me and I'll pass on their POC information.

Wind gusts today into the high 20's to mid 30's.. My privacy screen has seen better days! Lol. At Lowes now.

Regards,

G

Ganja D

Hey man. I'm really impressed with your scene. Seems like your super on top of everything. That killer Queen in bomb. I just harvested some from an indoors soil grow and it's sick.

Just planted some of those SD's and GC.

Peace.

Yeoman

Thanks McDank and GanjaD.. It's shaping up to be a good season.

Finishing up the light deprive today. Finally. I stalled the solar attic fan yesterday, but had to do some tree trimming today in order for the panels to get enough constant energy to be effective. So far I'm impressed w/ the fan.

Plugged in a couple Kandy Kush, Caterac Kush, Blue Dream, Platinum White Rhino and 15 x Northern Lights #5 into 10 gallon smart pots. Quite frankly I'm out of viable space so I had to go smaller with the new additions.

Reinforced the privacy screens and did an overall clean-up of the garden.

I love the weather up in the mountains. It's in the low 80's. Perfect to work in.

Regards,

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
So this is the way to do it?!?
I hope you don´t mind me lurking in back while i learn something useful.
All the best for the season