What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Game changer Emulsifying Vegetable Glycerin and BHO for E-Juice

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whoop, whoop, lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu!!!!!!!!!1 Hee, hee, hee, snicker, snark, snort, don't you just love it when a plan comes together?

Those of ya'll who've tried to blend BHO and Vegetable Glycerin to make e-juice, know it doesn't readily happen and you are limited in the potency levels that you can reach extracting with glycerin as the menstruum.

You are limited even adding a surfactant like lethicin, to promote absorption, so that market hasn't taken off as readily as it might if it delivered a more potent hit.

At the suggestion of CAT Scientific, whom has supplied Skunk Pharm Research with equipment for testing, we tried their X-120 Homogenizer with a T-17 (N) generator shaft assembly, to see if they would not only blend, but stay blended.

For that experiment, we heated 250 ml of VG to 66C/150F in a 500 ml beaker, and added 6 grams of green BHO, which I've saved for several years as an example of too many washes using an open tube. Before investing any amounts of prime oil, best to see what it does with bad example show and tell samples.

250 ml is about the minimum that can be processed with the T-17 (N) generator, as it is high precision and relies on the liquid as its lubricant. CAT S, not only published that caveat in their supplied "destruction manual", but passed it on to us in an e-mail to make sure we read the manual before firing up the homogenizer.

They also provide the caveat that homogenizers don't like vortexes, for the same reason, so it can't be used in the center of the container, only around the center. That seemed fair enough, so we followed those simple instructions in the test.

Wowza! It made about one minutes work of fully emulsifying the BHO and VG, producing an light green opaque solution, which hasn't observably changed in 60 hours of standing, so we will be moving on to seeing just how much BHO we can mix with 250 ml of VG.

We will run it up to 50% BHO, in the next trial, but will start with a fresh sample so that we can field test it on patients afterwards. At CAT's suggestion, we will use a T-17 (V) generator shaft assembly, because the viscosity will be much higher.

I've also started dialog with an associate who is an e-juice manufacturer, whom has a market for the end product, so can test on a much larger scale. We donate our meds, but over half a liter of e-juice would far exceed current demand, while demand for the same BHO in cancer meds continues to be strong.

You heard it here folks, this device is a game changer in the e-juice market!!!

While on the spendy side for ma and pa, they could produce more e-juice in about a minute, than they would likely need in a year anyway. It is however, easily in the price range for small groups, and chump change for someone producing e-juice for the market place. In fact, for those in the market, CAT makes much larger machines than the hand held unit that we are testing.

Contact information for this sweetheart is http://www.catscientific.com/ and bon appetite!

Here is a picture of the X-120, as well as the T-17 (N) generator, as well as the 250 ml emulsion that we created three days ago:

GW

Attachments

• CAT MCS-66 stirring hotplate-1-1.jpg
    CAT MCS-66 stirring hotplate-1-1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Homogenizer in action-1-1.jpg
    Homogenizer in action-1-1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 22
  • X-120 Homogenizer-1-1.jpg
    X-120 Homogenizer-1-1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 28

Capn

I see these things can get up there in RPM's. 35k if I'm reading correctly.

I see that dremels reach about the same speed on some of their models, and cost alot less.

Think we can ghetto rig a dremel to reach similar results?

nakadashi

Lol wow I just had the pleasure of playing with one of these things in a biotech lab, but I didn't think there would be any use for it for concentrates. How wrong I was! Good going as usual GW.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn clever those Germans, and a little like reverse engineering a Mercedes or BMW.

Way easier to do cheaper, than as well or better.

I'm pretty sure it could be reverse engineered, even without understanding all the design nuances, to run with a Dremmel or air grinder, but the tolerances are pretty damn close, so most folks won't be making the generators in their garage.

It would probably be easier to adapt a generator to a Dremmel tool, than take on the whole project..

If you bought one of each impeller, you could ostensibly just duplicate their precision and tolerance, even without fully understanding the subtle differences between the different generators, to compensate for changes in viscosity.

We also haven't looked at alternatives, but are highly pleased at finding the chink in vegetable glycerin's armor, however the final solution washes out.

Until it does, at least Cat has an off the shelf solution for ya'll juice merchants.

Dynamite

Good link, that gives perspective. As I remember, the one we tested, was around $700.

what do you think about minimum requirements ? would the cheaper $170 version not work ? I know your still in the testing phase , but if the one you use mixed it in a minute flat , maybe the cheaper model could mix it in a couple minutes ?

Ive been reading and following the ecig/bho deal for awhile now , with this info hopefully someone will figure out the Mom&Pops method that works .. maybe I'll grab my dremel tool with a random bit and give it a whirl !

TheCleanGame

Veteran
What's the benefit to the VG? Never could stand the taste/feel of that stuff. Hrmmm.

Does vaping VG prevent the runs you get from eating it? :)

Neat trick Gray Wolf... always working on something new. lol Hope it helps a lot of folks out.

Keep it Clean! :D

UNREGISTRD

GW so this is basically bho ejuice? I've no idea what it is but why this over dabbing?

convience to smoke anywhere... Yes same type stuff people put in there epens to smoke nicotine with.. The same pens can be filled with bho ejuice and you can blaze anywhere...Making this ejuice is NOT easy and I commend GW for this find..Awesome work as always!!

icdog

Sounds great and possibly we can use a dremel. Are the epens that use this ejuice different then a g pen micro with a bit of shatter?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what do you think about minimum requirements ? would the cheaper $170 version not work ? I know your still in the testing phase , but if the one you use mixed it in a minute flat , maybe the cheaper model could mix it in a couple minutes ?

Ive been reading and following the ecig/bho deal for awhile now , with this info hopefully someone will figure out the Mom&Pops method that works .. maybe I'll grab my dremel tool with a random bit and give it a whirl !

I would have to experiment with the cheaper ones to have an opinion, but the generators are more complicated than a simple bit, so stirring with a Dremmel bit is unlikely to accomplish the same things.

The generator has a shaft within a shaft and spins a slotted drum inside another slotted drum. Not sure how the cheaper ones do it.

I'm betting now that the cat is out of the bag though, that there will be a lot of cheaper unit testing going on soon.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What's the benefit to the VG? Never could stand the taste/feel of that stuff. Hrmmm.

Does vaping VG prevent the runs you get from eating it? :)

Neat trick Gray Wolf... always working on something new. lol Hope it helps a lot of folks out.

Keep it Clean! :D

I never have gotten the runs from vaping glycerin, and haven't heard of it producing that effect, though I know eating it does to some folks.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GW so this is basically bho ejuice? I've no idea what it is but why this over dabbing?

Just another tool in the tool box. I prefer dabbing using a concentrate, but the e-pen skillets that work best, don't hold much oil and are pretty messy to tend.

A pen device needs to be made that holds the concentrate in a separate chamber from the combustion area. With a primer button that dispenses a fresh bit of oil into said chamber.

BlazinPurps

Interesting, I have always mixed a 50/50 blend of PG and BHO then warmed it in a a small jar shook it like crazy then froze it. Repeat 10 times and you have stable ejuice made with propolyne glycol. I would imagine VG tastes better than PG though.