What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Concentrated alfalfa meal tea's

.clunk

Hi all, I've decided to use Alfalfa meal tea during veg this outdoor season and would like some feedback or recommendations. I will be watering with a drip irrigation setup, nutrients will be supplied by my EZ-FLO fertigation system.

For those unfamiliar with the EZ-FLO fertigation system, it's basically an in-line fertilizer unit that adds nutrients to every drop of water that comes out of the drip emitters, much like what you'd see in a commercial nursery setup.

My nutrient reservoir is 3 gallons, and I can set the system to distribute anywhere from 1-10 ml. of concentrated liquid nutrient solution per gallon of water, so I'm wondering how strong I should make this tea, and how much I should be using.

If anyone can get me headed in the right direction, that would be great. I've read that I want to make a tea with around 2 cups of alalfa meal for every 5 gallons of water, but I havn't been able to figure out how concentrated this would be, and just how much I need to dilute it.

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
I would use 1/4 to 1/2 cup per 5 gallons of water and apply at that rate. I've burned indoor plants with less. I'm sure the outdoor environment can deal a bit better though.

E

Eatatjoes

I've noticed that my alfalfa tea has a ph less than 5. Has anyone else noticed a low ph with their alfalfa tea?

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would listen to jay, I've done it , but not much feedback as I stopped using it.

welcome to the smelly world of fermented alfalfa.. have fun

Latest posts

Latest posts