What's new

R.I.P. Robin Williams (1951-2014)

N

noyd666

yes all over the wireless, they played back some of his funny stuff, had to stop and listen and laugh= RIP.

Q

quokka

I have bad depression too. I take meds to help.

Sometimes, when i see how some brilliant people can't seem 'overcome' theirs, i wonder 'what chance do i have?'

RIP Robin.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
so sad to read about his. I grew up watching things like hook and mrs doubtfire so its terrible to see this. rip robin..

O

OGShaman

I have bad depression too. I take meds to help.

Sometimes, when i see how some brilliant people can't seem 'overcome' theirs, i wonder 'what chance do i have?'

RIP Robin.

Well the fact that you are reaching out to people to get help is a huge first step.

My step-father, who was a part of my life for 20+ years, killed himself one morning before work completely out of the blue. He never mentioned to anyone that he was having trouble like that and never mentioned he was thinking about ending his life. It came as a complete shock to my entire family.

Not a day goes by that I don't wish he would have just said something so we could have tried to help him.

Last edited:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, unfortunately addiction profiles w/probable manic depression. He had a gift and laughter helped many. RIP.

shithawk420

Veteran
Not trying to be disrespectful but seems kinda ironic the guy who played Patch Adams was manic depressive.sad day

Been laughing at his material for many years and so sad to see him go like this. I put a thread in marijuana news about psychoactive drugs which got very few hits sadly and real to sooo many, not just the military. I do believe the pharm meds could have easily helped push him over the edge and have seen ads for anti depressants that say the side effects which could even include thoughts of suicide. I once went to the psych ward for three days many years ago and was given a pill that made me forget everything. My wife when she visited cried not knowing what they did to me as I didn't even recognize her I was so drugged. I do think cannibis of some type could have helped prevent this perhaps. So very sad. Peace to his family. SR

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

I grew up watching mork and mindy reruns and cried during Jack. This is a real bummer! I wish there wasn't such a stigma attached to mental illness so people would feel more secure reaching out for help.

Latest posts

Latest posts