What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Barneys and Dutch Passion freebies

'Boogieman'

Hello, I received an order from The Vault seeds with more freebies than I was expecting. I received 3 DP glueberry og, 2 barneys red dragon, and 1 critical orange punch. Has anybody grown these before?

I grow outdoors in the midwest at 43°N, no indoor as im still in an illegal state but hoping that changes soon. Im interested in any grow experience indoors or outdoors with these strains.

Last edited:

green-genes77

Veteran
I received a five pack or Red Dragon fems from a friend who visited Amsterdam and asked the clerk at the seed shop for a unique, high quality seed line. I didn't give it a lot of thought until starting one of the last waves of seeds for the outdoor grow last year, and also threw one into an indoor grow I did in spring.

Indoors they make nice frosty plants with good yields. I had a very solvent/burnt tire pheno in the indoor grow. It was nice in 9 weeks but I took it in 10 and it was nice cerebral, motivational herb with above average potency.

I ran that pheno and the other four outside last summer at 44 N. They were kind of all over the place, with three being pretty similar, (very lemony, sort of hazey, very frosty) with the one from indoor exhibiting that same strong solvent characteristic. These have a strong cerebral high with a touch of raciness and were harvested October 14. They varied mainly in terms of the bud shape and degree of trichome coverage/trichome head size. One was a super squat phenotype with kushy popcorn-style buds with a very dank kush and lemon flavor and a chill, balanced stone. Low yields, came down October 16 with some nice dark purples. The last yielded well but lacked terps. It was sweet and sort of citrusy. Definitely my least favorite of the group. It still had a nice heady buzz and smoked smooth. Came down October 18.

Not a bad freebie.

meizzwang

Regarding DP's glueberry OG, if you want a short answer, it tastes amazing, high is strong but bland, yield is fantastic, and even a small plant will stink up the entire neighborhood.

Boogieman: Regarding your question here https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=335615&page=8 it's very easy to grow, but since the colas can get extremely thick, you'll probably want to protect the plants from getting drenched by rain near the middle to end of harvest. Outdoors in the PNW, it finished relatively early, I want to say late September to early October. We got lucky that year and it didn't rain at all during that time, so I can't say how this plant will hold up mold-wise under wet conditions.

I only grew out one freebie feminized seed, so I can't say how uniform the glueberry OG strain is overall. Long story short, your mileage may vary.

green-genes77

Veteran
Outdoor Red Dragon

Outdoor Red Dragon

picture.php

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The critical orange punch is listed as indoor/outdoor but reports tell me it's not worth trying in the UK. Southern spain it works. Your in the middle. I wouldn't mum it up for dozens of cuttings, but it's worth looking at. If your climate doesn't exclude October finishers.

Latest posts

Latest posts