What's new

where to buy CHEAP 5 gallon nursery pots

NOKUY

Veteran
where is a good place to buy CHEAP 5 gallon nursery pots???...

been looking on CL but haven't found anything really

Y

YosemiteSam

Actual nurseries around here sell them for about a buck a piece. They are used and you need to sterilize them but that ain't no thing.

S

Space Ghost

Do the aesthetic qualities of the pots matter? because if not just use buckets with a ton of holes drilled in em, about $2.50 a pop at casa de pot

picture.php

Gotta love that classic home depot orange...

John Deere

Veteran
I get them for free from my local grocery store. I noticed a few of them sitting around the bakery/deli so I asked if they ever had any extras and what they did with them. She directed me to the recycling bin behind the store and told me to help myself whenever I needed. I've picked up a dozen or more ranging from 1-6 gallons. They're all white food-grade plastic. I just wash them out well and drill some holes.

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Do the aesthetic qualities of the pots matter? because if not just use buckets with a ton of holes drilled in em, about $2.50 a pop at casa de pot

Gotta love that classic home depot orange...

Agreed! OSH has the 5 gallon buckets for about 3.00 a piece, drill holes in the bottom and you're all set, they work just fine. :)

E

emerald city

aNY greenhouse supply company..In my area it would be " griffen's greenhouse supply" many sizes and varietys to choose..most places will ship..

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
Some restaurants use them and usually throw them out or will give them away. Burger joints are good bets to find em. I use them and like them better than most... theyre thicker and sturdier.

rogerw

Since I live in a small town and the closest store is 130 miles away I bought a 100 of the 5 & 4 gal off ebay think they came out to about .50 with shipping

Latest posts

Latest posts