What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Photographs from the late 1800's

smokefrogg

Veteran
this is really cool, thanks for sharing, i love looking at older images of american and the tribes people and whatnot

303hydro

senior primate of the 303 cornbread mafia
Veteran
zulu+warriors+smoking+cannabis.jpg

Here's another pic from the 1800's...

Zulu Warriors

"When they neared an enemy village the men would sit and rest while their indunas reconnoitred carefully, meanwhile taking snuff or smoking hemp, which ‘maddened the warriors and gave them hearts without fear’."

lincoln+hemp1.jpg

This is a picture from 1862/1863 of one of the most famous documents in the America, but I bet you've never seen it before...

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

very nice find Major,
John Grabill's photos are truly an American treasure.......

whoever hasn't been out to the Black Hill's needs to arrange the time to get there, cruise the switchback mountain roads slowly and imagine it back in the late 1800's w/out any real roads. you'll certainly walk away w/a taste of the old west. the ride from Sturgis to Deadwood was traveled by thousands in those times; you won't believe how rustic and dangerous the ride is on modern roads still today. every yr during the Sturgis Rally several riders seem to launch themselves to a plummeting death after failing to negotiate a bend in the mountain road, sheer drops of hundreds of feet.

rogerw

Thanks for sharing ,
I live there and like the land but the laws suck. Unless you like beer or booze your out of luck. That's why I am heading farther west and a little south. Pine ridge is still going but it is the poorest place in the US. There is a small town of white clay just 7 miles from the Ridge at the Nebraska boarder . All they sell is booze gas and cigs . Since on the res you can not have booze guess where all of the indians $$$ goes? Like last gov check 7 million worth goes. It makes me sad.

hippydan

Stunning photos, it amazes me just how much culture we have lost as a people just in the last 100 years. Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Latest posts