What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

H3ad's Ghetto Cage Copy First Try At Hydro with Buds Almost Done

G

I built this at a friends house, and The first harvest is closing in... maybe 15 days or 20 left... This is my first real hydro attempt, so it will only get better from here...

G

Very nice Head, can't remember the number of grow sites? How do you think the first crop has done in your DIY unit?
Very Nice

G

Looks like a successful operation, I don't see much ghettoness though. Nice work G!

G

Looks good man, rather inspiring :D I should try hydro, what do you think about the buds, are you experiencing bigger yeilds you think?

G

WoW, fourty sites in that unit. Man, that sounds like a good DIY unit. Did you post the design's any where's? I'm sure there are others that would like to see the diesigns and what you used for supplies to build the unit. Sounds like a nice unit that is producing nicely.
Great Job as aways Head.

G

hell smokey, it's made from an old kiddie swimming pool, 1/2 sheet of plywood, some old drainpipe, a garden hose, some screen wire, and a fountian pump... The balast and fixtures were built from parts, The medium is 50/50 pea gravel and pearlite...
That's gotta be ghetto or redneck or something... :D

G

GDW i'm gonna work out some bugs before i put out plans...
Nate Yes, I believe the bud may be a bit bigger, but that will improve...

Last edited:
G

It looks damm good for a dyi, The folks around here would have to send out to the burbs to get that knowledge.

G

thanks guys... my friend who watches it day to day deserves credit as well... Maybe he'll post something...

G

That looks great for your 1st time going hydro GH, good job!!! :yes::yes: I bet your friend is happy! :jump:

G

I am on my 2nd grow soil & might think about hydro when i get more experience... What do you find to be less work? Grow looks great btw!

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
well ive said it befre but man i love these....im pricing up the pipe for mine now...i think ill be using my dual Flow systems res and having it perched on there wioth a frame dostibuting the weight and supporting it, my columns will be 1 metre, 3 suites each column, 2 colums on each side, 8 sides for an octagon(duuuh lol) so 16 columns for 48 sites altogether... this is a small syetm im stating with til i gt to grips woth the vert thing then ill build a full height one... the unit itself will stand about 1 1/3rd metres high, but wil;l obviously be on top of the res and have a lttle extra height at the top for the fan to the cool tube... im gonna run a 600 in this one...did plan to use a 400 but i dont think it'll do it so ill wait a bit loonger til i got some more money and buy a 600.... it should be enough as thewre will be about 3 feet of hieght for growing space, ill have to do some more working out to geth the whole growing area but a single 600 should be fine as its not a 6 footer like yours mate. I wasnt going to use any media wioth mine except in the plant sites. Have you see Heath Robinson's 1st vert DIY setup from last year at OG?? its in advanced and experiments I think. anyway I am making it the same way he has basically except smaller, and he seemed to do OK with no medium using a soprt of vertical NFT....he used a good powerful pump, each column has a rotary srpinkler like in my aerocloner, in the top and with the powerful pumps it soaks the iside and runs down all sides of the tube..... I like this idea but if I suffer with it then i can always fill it with some LECA. I got a couple of nice strains which do well and produce a nice yield as a small clone so i think ive got that end sorted.... Im just itcing now to get all the parts and start some building.....
anyway sorry for my long rambling hi-jack ish reply....just wanted to tell u what ill be doing and see what u think.
Be lucky now,