What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dwc vs flood and drain. Og, cookies, cheese, amnesia and more...

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
63 Day Chop

63 Day Chop

Tahoe OG(keeper for sure):

And a smoke report in about a week...
Tomorrow i might make a new dwc post for the start of week 7. That tray is going crazy.

hobb3s93

nice pics man everything looks bomb, tahoe looks gnarly, did u pick that one up at PO?
my favorite part of harvest is the BHO :laughing:
cheers

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice pics man everything looks bomb, tahoe looks gnarly, did u pick that one up at PO?
my favorite part of harvest is the BHO :laughing:
cheers

Yeah im looking forward to trying the tahoe compared to the fire im used to. Yes this is po tahoe og. Their cut appears to be official (like referee with a whistle). It stacked harder than the fire usually does. Im happy with it. Im sad the uk is unstable its actually really great smelling i cant wait to taste it. Pure funk smell. Almost like rks. Skunky body odor smell. If a skunk could have a sweaty armpit, thats what i imagine it would smell like ha.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some work ahead of me

Some work ahead of me

amnesia:

GDP:

Buddha Cheese:

Tahoe OG:

Might have a decent yield for the uneven canopy :)

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DWC Update @ 48 days in

DWC Update @ 48 days in

Fake Cookies(Hair balls of worthlessness):

Hero Og(promising):

Sour Cut that sucks:

Uk cheese cut smelling awesome and swelling nice in the good light it has compared to my tester plant in the flood and drain. Still very hermy:

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Onto the OG @ 48 days DWC

Onto the OG @ 48 days DWC

Og light(looking super good)

Tahoe OG:

Fire OG(so serious):

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Other cuts in the DWC

Other cuts in the DWC

Buddha Cheese (looking like a different structure than im used to seeing after running this strain 3+ years):

Amnesia Haze (stacking hard and faster than usual):

GDP (not getting much light because it stays so short, however, the leaves turning yellow issue wasnt really a problem this time. i kept them farther away from the light on purpose and it seemed to help a lot. they also got lighter ec then i ran in the flood and drain from the start. looking happy):

hobb3s93

Happy late four 20 man, garden looks awesome, prolly gna have to try to get a PO tahoe one of these days. was the tahoe in ur dwc or just straight rockwool?:thank you:

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You too! I really like the tahoe, gotta be honest though after running their, petrol, earthshaker, fire, tahoe and their louie i must say fire so far is the best. They say it it nutrient finicky, i disagree. It has less issues than the tahoe ime. The tahoe and the fire are very similar also in end product i thought they would be dramatically different in some way. Good luck getting their fire cut though. Last time i was there (at po)i had two kids ask me for a cutting of my fire just because they overheard me talking about it and they said po always has it backordered.

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome journal Crooked8! Im sub'd and in for the show.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome journal Crooked8! Im sub'd and in for the show.

Thanks bro im gonna keep doing these side by sides. Some day with the same strains to see which one is truly boss. Thanks for subbing much appreciated!

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seriously if variety wasn't a thing, this is all i would run. I mean, what has more trichomes?

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep all the same batch, same cut. And it smokes really well. Smooth and flavor packed and strong as hell

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what were the differences between the Tahoe and the Fire? great thread and nice job!

So far its still not a refined opinion but id say fire wins on all counts. I cant judge the tahoe too well yet simply because the product had very little time to cure. Tahoe and fire seem quite similar. Both heavy yielding extremely potent and fragrant ogs. They are both revered as the king ogs. I was always told the fire yielded far less than the tahoe. In my flood and drain i actually only ran tahoe og this past time. It did quite well. some big chunky tops. In the flood and drain the fire i think did actually yield less than if i had run the tahoe. In the dwc i cant tell whether its light placement that is solely responsible or not but the fire is just stomping all over the tahoe yield wise. The tahoe looks amazing just smaller buds than the fire. the tops have pretty direct light they just didnt stack as tight. the tahoe tastes a little more on the skunky musty side vs the fire is more on a lemony nail polish type of funk. theyre both super strong on the nose. love em. sick of ogs in general because its all anyone really cares about but i will respect the cuts quality. its famed for a reason.