What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kansas kid corrects anti-drug teacher, cops raid his house

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Found on Boingboing

The 11-year-old son of medical marijuana advocate Shona Banda spoke out in his Kansas classroom to correct his teacher's misinformation about pot; then the state of Kansas raided his house and took him away from his mother.

382px-Don_Knotts_Barney_and_the_bullet_Andy_Griffith_Show.jpg

After her son spoke out about medical marijuana, he was detained, and police launched a raid on Shona Banda’s home. “Well, they had that drug education class at school that was just conducted by the counselors… They pulled my son out of school at about 1:40 in the afternoon and interrogated him. Police showed up at my house at 3… I let them know that they weren’t allowed in my home without a warrant… I didn’t believe you could get a warrant off of something a child says in school.” Banda continued, “We waited from 3 o’clock until 6 o’clock. They got a warrant at 6 o’clock at night and executed a warrant into my home. My husband and I are separated, and neither parent was contacted by authorities before [our son] was taken and questioned.”

More : http://benswann.com/exclusive-cops-...er-son-discussed-medical-pot-facts-at-school/

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
hope she can get her son back and recover from this sad state of events. noone should have to tangle with cps in this situation. unfortunately , kansas isnt a mmj friendly state (i could be wrong)

99%

the cops probably had to drive past the homes of 400 prescription opiates abusers, 200 wife beaters, 500 drunks, 5 pedophiles, 460 dead beat Dads and 120 meth heads to bust the family...I bet those scum bag cops were high five-ing each other as the kid was torn away from his Mom and Dad and off to some horrible institution or home where he will be scared and scarred. .......such sad news.

My sympathy's to them but well done to the kids knowledge and balls, pity the common sense comes with age :)

Harder for them to learn common sense at all when authorities show none whatsoever. Prob just made themselves a future advocate in the fight against these unjust and just plain wrong 'laws?' Effin joke

Hope he's doing OK after it and back with a parent

W

wegobigupnorth

I feel for this family I really do... No one should have to go through something like this because of anything to do with cannabis but especially when used legitimately for medical reasons.
Having said that, it seems parents in unfriendly states are starting to loosen up a little to much. This kid should not even known about his mothers cannabis use nevermind be able to teach the class about it. His mom told him was to much and actually trusted an 11 year old could keep his mouth shut.
Reminds me when I was in high school and a fellow classmates father had a big 30 lighters grow and he figured his 16 year old son was mature enough to understand how important it was he kept his trap shut. Kid came to school told us all and then gave us a tour the same night. The grow was hit a week later, armed robbery. The father had be running the grow at that house for 8 years with no issues and a week after he told his son BOOM.
Kids like to show off and brag. No matter how much you think your kid is smarter then the rest, he/she is a KID. Do not make them have to keep secrets...make sure they don't find out the secret in the first place...

This is so wrong on SO many levels though :(

lolryn

Veteran
this is absolutely absurd... but then again, that's kansas for you.

edit: coming from someone that's been through the CPS system for many years around that age (I was a little younger), that shit fucks with you mentally, so bad. Not to mention the fact he was spitting truth and facts and what did he get for that? Ripped from his mother, and got mom into trouble... I really hope this doesn't scar the kid for life, because that's the only thing that these cops and school faculty members have done.

FatherEarth

Veteran
BABYLON Bite off its own head! The influx of Colorado grown cannabis is burning away any hope they ever had of keeping the ganja out. Kansas is being overgrown! Not to worry, they are wasting resources pulling dumb ass moves like this one. It's only a matter of time now...

mukuku

ah les etats nazis d'amerique ! c'est quelque chose.

enfin je préfère quand la gestapo est là bas maintenant. on a passé le relais. merci hitler t'est un bon rigolo

br26

Fifty times more likely to die from police than terrorists. Here, the terrorists and the police are the same.

At least co called "terror" groups correctly count the number of bodies killed and report it to the public accurately.