Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > Need nute for Perlite/Vermiculite Hempy

Thread Title Search
-
Need nute for Perlite/Vermiculite Hempy Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2018, 06:10 PM #1
DoDad

DoDad has a spectacular aura aboutDoDad has a spectacular aura aboutDoDad has a spectacular aura aboutDoDad has a spectacular aura about
Need nute for Perlite/Vermiculite Hempy

What Nutes could I run using this medium?
DoDad is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2018, 06:21 PM #2
hush
Se˝or Member

hush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud of
Pretty much anything. But I suggest keeping it simple (KISS method) and using General Hydroponics Maxibloom.
hush is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:37 PM #3
DoDad

DoDad has a spectacular aura aboutDoDad has a spectacular aura aboutDoDad has a spectacular aura aboutDoDad has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by hush View Post
Pretty much anything. But I suggest keeping it simple (KISS method) and using General Hydroponics Maxibloom.

Thanks for the reply! I am using MB and having a problem. I thought I might try another to see if I had better luck. I need something easy like MB. what other one would you suggest I try?
DoDad is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2018, 08:52 PM #4
hush
Se˝or Member

hush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud of
The other popular all-in-one that is also used in the same manner is Jack's classic. I've never used it though. MB just works for me. What kind of problem are you having?
hush is online now Quote

Old 09-14-2018, 09:01 PM #5
DoDad

I'm having bad problems. drooping leaves, shock, yellow variegated leaves and burnt tips.

I have other suspects like my tap water but it's been fine in the past.

My tap water is about PH 7 and the MB brings it down to about PH 6. That's still the same because I tested it today.

At first I thought it was shock from too cold water but even if I let it sit over night it still shocks the plants.

Something else could be wrong like roots too wet when I transplant from my veg pot to flower pot that the root sit in nutes.

I don't have a reliable ppm meter and plan on ordering one today. I didn't need one until lately. It could be that I'm just drowning my roots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7635.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	469426
DoDad is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2018, 09:03 PM #6
Pinball Wizard
Senior Boomer

Pinball Wizard has a reputation beyond reputePinball Wizard has a reputation beyond reputePinball Wizard has a reputation beyond reputePinball Wizard has a reputation beyond reputePinball Wizard has a reputation beyond reputePinball Wizard has a reputation beyond reputePinball Wizard has a reputation beyond reputePinball Wizard has a reputation beyond reputePinball Wizard has a reputation beyond reputePinball Wizard has a reputation beyond reputePinball Wizard has a reputation beyond repute
I have found out the hard way; that virgin perlite/vermiculite mix works better with a nute soak, first.

"we have met the enemy and he is us"-Pogo
Pinball Wizard is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:10 PM #7
hush
Se˝or Member

Have you looked at your municipal water quality report? Just wondering if there's some weirdness there. You might try using a different water source. But yes, you are exhibiting some nute burn AND some lock out at the same time. That almost suggests that there's a pH problem. Are you sure you can trust your pH meter? Have you tried liquid drops or test strips as a second opinion?

That said, if your pH is fine, then it's probably overwatering. But since you're using hempy buckets, that's kind of odd. It makes me wonder if maybe the perlite you used in the mix was too fine? Extra coarse perlite is the best thing to add to vermiculite for a hempy mix, in my experience. When the perlite is too fine (particles too small), such as the kind that Scott's sells, it can actually cause compacting and drainage issues.
hush is online now Quote

Old 09-14-2018, 11:49 PM #8
DoDad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hush View Post
Have you looked at your municipal water quality report? Just wondering if there's some weirdness there. You might try using a different water source. But yes, you are exhibiting some nute burn AND some lock out at the same time. That almost suggests that there's a pH problem. Are you sure you can trust your pH meter? Have you tried liquid drops or test strips as a second opinion?

That said, if your pH is fine, then it's probably overwatering. But since you're using hempy buckets, that's kind of odd. It makes me wonder if maybe the perlite you used in the mix was too fine? Extra coarse perlite is the best thing to add to vermiculite for a hempy mix, in my experience. When the perlite is too fine (particles too small), such as the kind that Scott's sells, it can actually cause compacting and drainage issues.

I use the drops for PH and tested my tap again today and then tested my water with nutes and it was fine. This is my perlite mixed 3:1 with vermiculte.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vigoro-grow-media-100521091-64_1000.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	469457
DoDad is offline Quote

Old 09-15-2018, 03:41 AM #9
Pinball Wizard
Senior Boomer

Pinball Wizard has a reputation beyond reputePinball Wizard has a reputation beyond reputePinball Wizard has a reputation beyond reputePinball Wizard has a reputation beyond reputePinball Wizard has a reputation beyond reputePinball Wizard has a reputation beyond reputePinball Wizard has a reputation beyond reputePinball Wizard has a reputation beyond reputePinball Wizard has a reputation beyond reputePinball Wizard has a reputation beyond reputePinball Wizard has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoDad View Post
I use the drops for PH and tested my tap again today and then tested my water with nutes and it was fine. This is my perlite mixed 3:1 with vermiculte.
I recommend a weak nute soak for Vigoro.

That's what I am using now; because MG perlite/Sta-green vermiculite has disappeared around here.

"we have met the enemy and he is us"-Pogo
Pinball Wizard is offline Quote

Old 09-15-2018, 06:21 AM #10
Earlmarne

Earlmarne is a glorious beacon of lightEarlmarne is a glorious beacon of lightEarlmarne is a glorious beacon of lightEarlmarne is a glorious beacon of lightEarlmarne is a glorious beacon of lightEarlmarne is a glorious beacon of lightEarlmarne is a glorious beacon of lightEarlmarne is a glorious beacon of lightEarlmarne is a glorious beacon of lightEarlmarne is a glorious beacon of lightEarlmarne is a glorious beacon of light
I run jacks and calnit through my ppks with perlite and mini hempy buckets.
Equal amounts with epsom salt when a plant wants it
Earlmarne is offline Quote