What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

Lebanizer

^^^^
Overall not much to signal other than put in soil and water. For extra caution you can use @p59teitel 's recommendation.

What is important to understand though is that these are landrace seeds that come from a highly inhospitable environment and so they have developped hardcore coping mechanisms, chief among them dormancy. What this means is that they can take much longer time to germinate that you're used to if you've grown run of the mill western hybrids.
  1. The majority of seeds will sprout fast ie less than 2 weeks,
  2. some other seeds though can take up to two months to germinate. This was the case for me with some seeds from Nanda devi, several times. Also specifically in the case of Nanda Devi, you need to factor in that she has a wild component which reinforces that domancy mechanism.
  3. Other seeds still can take anywhere from 6 months up to 3 years to germinate. I've had that with one of the first Nepalese release from RSC. The seeds didn't sprout after i sowed them and I thought they were dead - but it was ok because I got them as freebies. Still I recycled the soil I used to germinate them into one single pot. Imagine my surprise when 6 months later one seed sprouted. The process continued like that for several years, usually one, two or three seeds sprouting at a time several months later each time and the last 'living' seed sprouted 3 years after I had originally sown them. These seeds are really tough !
So basically what I'm trying to say : if ever they don't sprout after two months, don't assume they're dead. They're probably just dormant and will sprout eventually when they feel ready. This is not the most common scenario but it does happen from time to time.

Last edited: