What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

'Goldfinger' - Malawi Gold X Flo

ThaiPhoon

Goldfinger Babies

Goldfinger Babies

Hey Everyone,

Here are some baby pics of the Goldfinger seedlings I am testing out in Thailand.
They are recovering nicely from some bad nutes I gave them...

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I noticed on quite a few of my seedlings that the serrations on the leaf edges pointed upwards, rather like the offset teeth on a saw-blade - it was only unusual in that no other strains I grew showed that. I can't see it on yours either, so maybe it was a fluoro reaction. Good to see them healthy and vigorous though!

Oh hang on - pic no.1 ...:chin:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Dry Bud Shots...

Dry Bud Shots...

OK folks - here's some shots of the dry buds curing. I have since given them another trim to remove the last of the non-resinous leaf, but even so, some of these calyxes are frosty as hell. The smell is even more divine now, and the high is getting stronger all the time.

I had to chop these buds down slightly to get them in the jars, which are eight inches tall, so that's pretty much the average length of these, with a diameter of about an inch nearly two on the fattest. Very old-fashioned looking eh? Laurence Cheniak would be proud of me...:)

Pheno#1:

Pheno#2:

ThaiPhoon

Hey EM,

The dried buds look GREAT!

I know they do not look as good as they should now...But they WILL!

Have you seen anything like this...?
It is one of the MG1xF1

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
No, I haven't actually - the only significant difference was the upturned serrations - that looks interesting. I wonder if some 'Flo crinkle' has crept in there...:chin:

The buds are cool eh? I did trim them down again, but there's a point where you just think - "I can't be bothered with this anymore..."
Just firing up some of the pheno#2 - the floral one. It's so delicious, and really packs a (smooth) punch now...

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks man - it's a very nice smoke indeed. Dare I say it, an improvement on the original. At least to my tastes...although there's plenty left here recently with a silly grin on their faces...:)

ibtokin

the dried buds look like some truly old school weed. seriously great looking cross elevator man, excellent results for such a small scale effort.

are we gonna see any of these make it to sb by chance??

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
the dried buds look like some truly old school weed.
ibtokin - don't they? I was looking through The Great Books of Cannabis Vol2 just now, from around '82, and all the buds in there look like these! :)

I doubt I'll get any of these on sb - there aren't enough left sadly. I've only got about 60 seeds of both batches (#1 still not grown at all by me!). I did however make more seeds from the Goldfingers with my MoFlo male - so it's a double-Flo cross now. Again, totally untested as I only harvested the seeds a month ago, but they could turn out to be very interesting indeed...:)

B

BeAn

I bet the Bx to the MoFlo would make this cross great for indoors...Thai, Afghanica and Malawi gold...what a combination..:yummy:

So have i missed the smoke report, or is it pending??

Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing the pips grown out. :lurk:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Smoke report? Well...still pending.

Only as I haven't had time to think too much about it in too much detail, as I'm in the midst of finding somewhere new to live! One I get settled, I can apply my mind to the more important things...:)

Suffice to say, it's potent, stimulating and long-lasting, and at least follows DJ Short's law that the progeny of a cross should be at least as good or preferably better than the parents - no problems on that score...:)

G

Sounds like just the ticket.....RACO!...Tiooooo send the ostrich, ariba... ariba

ThaiPhoon

The tall one flowers!

The tall one flowers!

The tallest plant of the mg2xf2 Goldfinger has started showing "her" sex. The other plants have not shown anything yet. The only other plant showing female preflowers is the Nirvana Blue Mystic.

ThaiPhoon

Hello...I thought EM sent these beans to a few others...It would be nice to here about some progress from some of you at least.?!.
I caught the plants waking up this morning...Here is the mg1xf1...looks stretchy, hasn't shown sex as of yet...

The one on the left of these shots is the mg2Xf2...its got some purple stem and she has shown her sex...

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Hey ThaiPhoon - looking great! I'm at a friend's at the moment - my new place won't have the internet for another week yet, so I'm just taking advantage of their computer...:)

But good to see all is well - a couple of friends have started some off here too, so it's nice too them doing well, even if I can't do them myself. But as soon as I'm back online I'll try and update my grow thread. To be honest I'm quite enjoying the break, but I did get all my computers set up again today after a week, whcih is the longest ever!

And I'll second that request - anyone else got any news on their Goldgingers? Mine's a month old now and smoking beautifully...:)

ThaiPhoon

Goldfinger veg photo update

Goldfinger veg photo update

Hi EM, I am glad to see you are back online!

I have a few pictures here of the Goldfingers. I really love the mg1xf1 plants. They are resistant to spider mites so far, and the ones I have are getting that great purple stem coloration and has nice dark indica leaves, and they smell friggen awesome man! OK so some pics of the mg1xf1 first up...

and the second mg1xf1

the flowering mg2xf2

the other mg2xf2

So far I would have to say the mg1xf1 cross is the star! Shame I haven't got any more of them...I still have some mg2xf2 beans. I have some clones of the mg1xf1 going well so far as well.

Thanks ElevatorMan!

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Yeah Eman, it seems that you have been very succesfull with that cross of yours :yes:

Them dryed buds really have oldschool appearance and they look so delicious for Herbalistic & lady ;)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Great stuff ThaiPhoon - I'm down to my last two buds of each pheno now and I'm really having to get tight with it! It's so delicious though and such a nice smoke it's hard to resist it. It's really mellowed taste-wise now, and though the spicy pheno is probably just a tiny bit stronger, the floral 'bluebell' pheno is my favourite - it's so smooth and clear with no comedown, and the taste and smell are sublime.

I really wish I had more of these seeds, but I'm down to pretty much one grows-worth of each batch now, so I'll have to hang onto them. I did cross each pheno with my MoFlo male, so hopefully I can try those out soon and see what the 'double'Flo' effect is. I'm guessing another couple of weeks off the flowering time, harder buds and a few purple phenos showing up.

But obviously they would be totally unstabilised, and that would be my first project to really begin to learn the art of breeding...:)