What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Abbie's C13 Grow Show IV - AK47, Love Potion #1, SourD IBL, True Blue, and More!

AbbieDoobie

Hey, y'all... :wave:

I've been puttin' this off for a while now... decided tonight to get my act together and get this grow log started. So, let's not waste any time and get on with it...

My grow setup is in a 10x14 outdoor uninsulated wooden shed sitting in my backyard located in Suburbia, U.S.A. Within is a meager C13 setup pictured below:

The components of this setup are:

Mill's Pride C13 Cabinet
400 HPS Super Sun System with Super Sun Reflector
CAN33 Carbon Filter
Vortex Inline Fan 4" 172 w/ speed dial
Small oscillating fan running 24/7 clamped to shower curtain rod
Heating thermostat to control heater located near intake
Oregon Scientific BAR898HGA Wireless Weather Station with wireless remote to monitor temp/humidity in shed and C13.

Air flows into the cab via a 6" duct (heated when necessary) into the back, through 5 light traps, then through the top, down through a 4" duct, into a plastic trash can with a hole cut in the top. The 4" duct is attached to my Vortex which sits atop my Can33 carbon filter. The air then exhausts out the side of the trash can via another 4" duct. To keep the fan quiet, I have the trash can wrapped in a thick mattress pad held together with safety pins.

Because I grow in this environment, my grow season runs from early October through late April. I'm able to do two grows and hopefully pull about 9-10 oz. from each grow, which is plenty for this old pothead.

Using this setup, I have completed three grows in the past (Spring '05, Fall '05, and Spring '06). My second grow (Fall '05) ended with opening the cab on Christmas Day to a cab full of Rez's East Coast Sour Diesel V3. Santa was good to me that year.

For this, my fourth grow (Fall '06), I started 7 strains:

DJ Short True Blueberry
Freebie G13xButterscotch Hawaiian
Reeferman Love Potion #1
Rez SourD IBL
Rez Williams Wonder
Serious AK47
Spice Bros Apollo 11

For soil I'm using Foxfarm Ocean Forest and Perlite. Nutes are a combo of Earth Juice Grow/Bloom, Foxfarm Grow Big/Big Bloom/Tiger Bloom, Biobizz Topmax, and Nitrozime. It is a mostly-organic soil-based grow.

I started 29 plants in 3" square pots on 9/22/06. Here are some of them when they were just babies:

And a closeup of a baby AK47:

After 3 weeks of slow veg growth (due to heat issues), my plants were only about 5 inches tall. Here's a pic of 2 Rez SourD IBL's and 4 G13xButterscotch Hawaiian freebies at 3 weeks veg:

At 26 days of veg, they were potted up to 4.5" square pots. After 5 weeks of vegging, I finally flipped the light from 18/6 to 12/12.

This was the whole herd at Day 2 of 12/12:

The DJ Short True Blueberry really stands out in front, eh? Here's another one that is just as striking:

And here's a closeup of a Serious AK47 at Day 2 of 12/12:

The males showed first and these were the first ones to go, 2 Serious AK47's and 3 freebie G13xButterscotch Hawaiian's:

I must say for 'freebies' those G13xButterscotch Hawaiian's are some awesome fuckin' plants. Very robust and healthy, never had an issue with them at all.

Here's a pic of my plants basking in the light of a Hortilux 400 hps at Day 4 of 12/12:

The tallest plant at this stage was a True Blueberry at 11" tall.

At Day 9 of 12/12 I was down to 12 plants after throwing out all the males identified thus far. I finally had enough room to bring out the 6" round pots and arrange them in a 3x4 configuration.

At Day 16 of 12/12 I finally had my final 9 girls that I would take to the end. They are 1 AK47, 1 Apollo 11, 1 G13xBH, 2 Love Potion, 1 SourD, 2 True Blue, and 1 Williams Wonder. I also saved one SourD male for some kinky sex with the girls. I then upgraded the 9 girls to 8" round pots and placed them in a "ghetto tray" made of several layers of 6 mil black plastic and some duct tape.

Here they are today at Day 18 of 12/12:

My plants are about 18" tall at this point.

Here's a beautiful G13xButterscotch Hawaiian freebie:

And a Serious AK47:

That's all for now. Take care, everyone...

~Abbie :joint:

AbbieDoobie

Good morning......

Thought I'd post up a pic of my plants with the names attached so you get a better idea of what's what.

6079Grow4_Plants_Identified_Flower_Day18.jpg

:ying: Peace :ying:

G

wow abbie, you have some world-class genetics packed into that c13! i cant wait to see this one through, looking beautiful so far!

i_score

hey there Abbie, great cab, all of your plant´s look nice and in an healthy green colur, the ones in flower allready show that your having some big colas in there, and great strains, i also like to have diferent strains in my grow, i like the diversety.peace

G

Awesome cab setup Abbie, I love that G13 x BH, looks so lush! I have seen a few people who got them growing them out now and everyones have looked great, I can't believe i missed grabbing a pack :pointlaug

mysta177

Ohhh yea abbie...looks like this show might be better than the one at OG. Looks real good my friend keep it up. I wanna say Ive followeed you around some time and are one of the main reasons I have the cab I do...... thanx. Stay Green....Mysta
In here I have OG,sourD,choclateD, and a redMutant. Who says not to grow more than 2 strains in a c13.........

AbbieDoobie

:wave:

Hey, all you grow fans, I'm sure feelin' the love.......

:friends:

High&Lonesome...what can I say...I'm a strain whore...gotta hold myself back from all the bomb genetics out there...welcome, bro......

i_score...that healthy green color you see is from my vastly improved growing skills, lol...lots of researching ICMAG...getting nothing but the best in soil and nutes and watching when and how you administer the water and nutes...pH is key...timing is everything...and oh yeah...DIVERSITY, BABY!....thanks for stopping by...I'll stop by your grow thread soon.....

SuperNuck...hey thanks for cruisin' on by...yeah that G13xBH is the first freebie that I've grown out...I'm getting quite a collection of those things and no one to give them to...I don't talk growing with my friends, so who to pass them on to?... :chin: anyway, the combo of genes sounded too bomb to pass up, so I gave them a shot, and am I glad I did, the best damn growth in the cab, I tell ya!.....

Sleepy...truly an honor to have you stop by...hope you enjoy your time here...should get interesting around the holiday season and into the new year...cab should really be stinkin' by then.....

mosca......been seein' you all over this board.....thanks for stoppin' through......

And my dear mysta....wow....you really moved me with what you wrote....truly touched my heart, dude....I didn't know that my meager efforts at growing actually *inspired* someone to growin' the great herb....much like Maliboo lit the way for me I suppose....although he blew a gasket there at the end and fell into the ether, he was the sole inspiration for lighting the fire under my ass...I had so many false starts trying to grow outside it ain't even funny...bought seeds from Gypsy back when there was no Seedbay and Seedboo, never had the balls or smarts like I got now, hehe.....got a thread of your own, man?....I'll get in there and cheer ya on.....you got the OG?....damn, I'm jealous.....have fun with those strains.....can ya believe I actually got girls outta all 7 strains I started?.....what are the odds?.....take care.......

Glad y'all are enjoying the show....now back to checking out all the hundreds of other grows around here....

Peace......

Weed_Seed

wow, Those are all great strains that I really want to grow (apollo 11 + sour d especialy) Thats like my dream cam right there man! Once I upgrade to an hps from these flruors im gonna have a wide variety veery similar to yours.

hidingtree

yo bro ... lookin good .. lovin ya for the inspiration ( and maliboos ... ) with the c 13 .... nice choices ... ya 'ho ! i'll be checkin back with ya ....many blessings , hidingtree
ps ,thanks :
:yummy: :joint: :yummy:

Last edited:

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i dont know i was feeling the c13 love. here is some mr. nice ssh f2s from fj and some nirvana bubblicious.

all your c13s sound great. wish i had more then one strain in there now. keep it up, not too long for some chrismas buds. :joint:

mysta177

ohh yea gotta love them c13ers. Yea I gots the OG.....Its just an awesome plant all-around. The only real thread I got is the moonshinemix thread. I got a couple of more but that is the main one. Check it out you will like. He is a great guru to follow.

G

Hey Abbie, how are things in the cab this week? I just got mine filled up and maybe I can get some shots of it this weekend, hope yours is going well :joint:

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
Hey nice thread Abbie. I like yer style. I hope you find some nice phenos in that mix (I am sure you will) good luck and keep updating.

- Ez

AbbieDoobie

:wave:

Hello, one and all...thanks for all the replies...very encouraging...so on with the show, shall we?......

My girlies are at Day 28 of 12/12 in these pics...they are starting to bulk up...check 'em out.......

Here's an Apollo 11:

Some serious AK-47:

G13 x Butterscotch Hawaiian freebie:

The ladies.....

Take care, everyone.....

G

looking nice and healthy abbie! things are about to get real interesting. :woohoo: