What's new

Immunity - where has it gone?

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Our bodies are designed for adaptation and I think our internal chemistry turns nuts if it gets nothing to fight or overcome hence the rise of allergies and auto-imune diseses.If we didn't have weights to carry and stairs to climb we would end up like humans in WALL-E, if we never had such a weak complexion compared to other species we wouldn't even never had the need to grow a big brain. Our imune system works the same, for instance we use fecal bacterias to treat Crohn disease (which also magically dissapears as soon as the ill moves to a country with lower hygiena standards) Exposure to cold also seems to work wonders to stimulate one's imune system, just look at those Siberians and Inuit guys living most of the year standing on ice how unbreakable they seem to be. Or Wim Hof "iceman" the guy who got himself inoculated with E.Colli along with some of his students and none of them showed any symptoms while they should all have been seriously ill

The use it or lose it principle.

Makes sense to me.

Like the astronauts who lose skeletal mass because of the lack of gravity.

Amynamous

From the perspective of a retired Operating Room nurse, my observational opinion is this: The single strongest determinant as to whether an individual has compromised immunity is whether or not that individual has diabetes.
The correlation of having to do surgery due to poor immunity and whether that patient has diabetes is probably in the high 90’s percentage wise.
I have lots of friends who work in critical care, and i would wager the correlation in their departments are similar.
Diabetes is a serious health threat, and uncontrolled diabetes will mess with a person’s immunity as well as do other damage.
Lots of people are walking around with diabetes and are not aware they have it. :2cents:

St. Phatty

From the perspective of a retired Operating Room nurse, my observational opinion is this: The single strongest determinant as to whether an individual has compromised immunity is whether or not that individual has diabetes.
The correlation of having to do surgery due to poor immunity and whether that patient has diabetes is probably in the high 90’s percentage wise.
I have lots of friends who work in critical care, and i would wager the correlation in their departments are similar.
Diabetes is a serious health threat, and uncontrolled diabetes will mess with a person’s immunity as well as do other damage.
Lots of people are walking around with diabetes and are not aware they have it. :2cents:

of the patients you treated that had diabetes, how many had the kind that could be treated with exercise ?

one of the interesting things that Karl Denninger observed about Covid19 patients early on was, most of them have a low VO2 max. i.e. they're overweight & do not exercise much, if at all.

which does not explain the death of an Olympic swimmer to Covid19 back in February 2020, it was reported.

I was diagnosed having diabetes but in reality I was just fat. Had to take meds and finger sticks along with the sugar lows and how that feels. Once I lost about 65 pounds and got to a more healthy weight it went away and I no longer take meds. The other type diabetes is a bitch and most of those people are actually skinny. If your just a fat slob with that type diabetes I have little sympathy for you because you won’t eat properly or try to control your weight.

Amynamous

of the patients you treated that had diabetes, how many had the kind that could be treated with exercise ?

one of the interesting things that Karl Denninger observed about Covid19 patients early on was, most of them have a low VO2 max. i.e. they're overweight & do not exercise much, if at all.

which does not explain the death of an Olympic swimmer to Covid19 back in February 2020, it was reported.

The simple answer is, i do not know.
I would venture to guess that most had type2, which for most people, a simple change in diet and regular moderate exercise could work wonders. It did for me.
I retired for health reasons two years ago. My A1C (the blood test for long term blood sugar)kept increasing with every physical and other labs were looking horrid too.
Now, I go for a walk most days, and reduced my food portions, especially at dinner...meaning i don’t go back for seconds anymore. :D I also increased my water consumption. I lost 30 pounds in the first year, and my labs look like a healthy person’s!

Amynamous

I was diagnosed having diabetes but in reality I was just fat. Had to take meds and finger sticks along with the sugar lows and how that feels. Once I lost about 65 pounds and got to a more healthy weight it went away and I no longer take meds. The other type diabetes is a bitch and most of those people are actually skinny. If your just a fat slob with that type diabetes I have little sympathy for you because you won’t eat properly or try to control your weight.

That was pretty much my issue as well.
Simple things like smaller portions and walking thirty minutes a day did wonders for me.
My apologies if i come across as “preachy” to anyone. Can’t help it sometimes. :scripture:

LNG

TLDR - we made our immunity shit by becoming smarter

TLDR - we made our immunity shit by becoming smarter

Historically we (humans) have worked to gain food.
Imagine a farm in 17th century ish, even now those who have farms that are too small/poor or working to have as small carbon footprint as possible - those farmers are working basically every waking moment. You will notice here some correlation between immunity level and time spent in fresh air and moving. Or perhaps its just sheer resilience.

Human is built to be incredibly good at prolonged low intensity activity.
We are best species for marathon running.
But our brain and laziness here has worked against us health-wise. We have built infrastructures to make our lives easier, machines to process our food, and made food that stays on the shelf longer.

We have, however increased our mental capabilities, created fantastic works of art, researched space and improved medicine by light-years.
Way back you could die from infected tooth - now you just go to dentist and sort it out - meaning diluted genes because even genes with weaker immunity can survive

Our bodies are made (in most cases) to preserve energy in form of fat for time of famine (winters) if you don't burn it. That, combined with how easy it is to access food is reason why we have such high problem with obesity.

Yes, whilst working in hospital as a nurse you would notice that a high percentage of patients you see have underlying issue of type 2 diabetes that has not been diagnosed, but you can't make assumption based on this that would apply to general population, because you see that part of population that is sick already.

(Freud in his psychological research made this mistake - his ideas that he would apply to general mental development was based on case studies of abnormally functioning minds, and are now considered disproved. Like Edipus complex for example.)

So type 2 diabetes is not the only contributing factor.
Obesity being another and the two, as previously mentioned, do come closely together as well as heart disease and blood circulation problems. As well as unbalanced nutrition.

Due to ease of our life our bodies are simply no longer developed to deal with all physical perils in our way (its not just upbringing of younger generations, its also sitting in comfy offices, staring in our screens instead of digging up potatoes)

It's also medicine that saves individuals with weaker immune systems and contributing those genes to whole populations gene pool.
And, as I mentioned earlier,stronger microbes that we have helped to become that way.

Another factor to not miss here - the complexity of our social structures have increased and that has contributed to stress immensely. People who are dealing with stress caused mental health issues also have less effective immune system.

We have gotten smarter, made discoveries and added to knowledge of human race.
But it has been a trade off.
We have gained all this but traded the strength to resist the bad stuff around us...

My word... This came out long....

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
Not even trying to be funny but I'll the alcohol I drink keeps me from getting sick.my liver is fucked but I don't get sick. Maybe a nip or two will fight it. Never know

T

Teddybrae

Well, yeah. Hello from the other side of the Great Water, Moses.

See, they (the not-us) don't realise this is what they (the not-us) are doing. They (the not-us) are flat out excited by being something. Being Someone. Being a success. Being a Helper. Being Mummy's little Doctor. Being Mummy's or Daddy's little violin-playing Brain Surgeon.

There's nothing we can do about this other than voice our protests. And stay far away from the Bastards!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- Maybe there will be a great shift back to the land - when events in the cities cause desperation and the necessity for survival would be reverting back to most people having to be engaged with farm/agricultural work once again - if they wanted to eat - as it was in the past -

- brings forth thoughts of a peasants and the Royals re-run - after the successful eradication of the middle-classes/small businesses - the ever expanding division of wealth brings more of this daily -

- back to digging in the dirt for a turnip - as a King trots by - ahhh - that'll help the immune system! -

picture.php

Sunshineinabag

Omfg where's 944s I wanna hear from him!
I love this thread....too bad you weren't my neighbors.....lol I know I know. Danger close to my crazy ass

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Dr. Shiva talks about immunity, and other things. Follow the money.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/HarKR7rdpoyc/

At 11:15 he starts talking about oral bacteria. I have come to believe that raising my PH through water with baking soda has really helped my teeth. Maybe the bacteria thing is also in play.

Mouth bacteria has an influence on Nitric Oxide also.

https://www.humann.com/science-overview/how-nitric-oxide-works/#z

<Additionally, people who use antiseptic mouthwash can destroy all the good bacteria in the mouth that are responsible for reducing dietary nitrate into nitrite and Nitric Oxide. As a result, even though these individuals may eat sufficient amounts of high nitrate vegetables, they may become N-O deficient because they don’t have the right bacteria necessary for metabolizing dietary nitrate.>

Cannabis angle to all this:

https://www.newsweek.com/amplify/cb...ions-far-beyond-word-mouth-especially-seniors

Last edited:

BudToaster

Veteran
i believe that controlling (reducing/eliminating) systemic inflammation allows the immune system to operate more efficiently and effectively. two things: nutrition - no sugar (mostly) and lo carbs - absolutely no ultra-processed foodlike substances; plus aerobic exercise @ 30minutes 5 days a week for 38 years. god bless youtube and wikipedia.

M

member 505892

It is in the interest of modern medicine to strip us of our natural immunity to disease, so they can sell it back to us with each injection, tablet, surgical procedure.

We also live longer than ever because of modern medicine.

T

Teddybrae

This is also what we humans do: whenever one point of view is put forward someone thinks of the opposite. (Well, maybe 'thinks' is too radical an idea. 'Reacts' is closer.) That's how we 've ended up with an oppositional political system.

- Maybe there will be a great shift back to the land - when events in the cities cause desperation and the necessity for survival would be reverting back to most people having to be engaged with farm/agricultural work once again - if they wanted to eat - as it was in the past -

- brings forth thoughts of a peasants and the Royals re-run - after the successful eradication of the middle-classes/small businesses - the ever expanding division of wealth brings more of this daily -

- back to digging in the dirt for a turnip - as a King trots by - ahhh - that'll help the immune system! -

View Image

Latest posts

Latest posts