What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for Northern Lights

scallywag

Hello fellow growers. Northern Lights was the first premium bud (we called it kine bud) I enjoyed back in the early 90's. I know that there are more modern strains that are considered superior but for nostalgia reasons I want to grow some Northern Lights. From my research I know I want NL #5 I think? Last month I ordered Nirvana's NL as well as their Blue Mystic. All 20 seeds were pale, dry, cracked and small. Not 1 germinated. It was not me, all my White label White Widow seeds germinated that were under the same conditions. Needless to say I will never purchase Nirvana gear again.

So with that said, who has a decent NL #5? I would like to purchase from Seed Boutique and I started going down the list of breeders and can't seem to find a plain Jane NL #5. So can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

Cannavore

Veteran
Dr Atomic's NL5 or Bodhi's NL5 (if you can find it) would be great places to start looking. Neither are on seed boutique/seed bay though.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just finished a female Nirvana NL and had great results. Most frosty strain in the tent, strong smoke. I understand you not wanting to go there again after being burned though.

Classic Seeds has a NL that is supposed to be legit.

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You know there are tons of NL related threads on this site. It would be helpful if the OP would do a little research first. Not that hard.

R.Fortune

G

Gunnlæif

good f'n luck...been searching for a decade for what i had two decades ago!

Gert Lush

Veteran
Been hearing surprisingly good reports about the Nirvana NL from friends, especially wrt strength!
Planning on doing a few soon, just to see.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Buddy of mine popped some female seeds nl (i placed order in april) and found a few good very good plants one is sumthin really special frost on top of frost and stank of a burning pine forest fire.... He only got the one run finished and says she was the biggest yielder ... He on wk 2 of 2 nd run now with this pheno only .... Think he kept 3 but pretty much know the other 2 and goin to the bin this is a keeper...

rangergord

I tried Nirvanas NL a long time ago but I was not sure if it was the real thing or not. For the last year I have been growing peakseeds NL. Very good stuff. Recommended.

Latest posts

Latest posts