What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So, here's the plan.

Hello, IcMag'ers! Im currently running 60cLx40Wx65H 92W micro cab with GHS Cheese and two young bagseeds. Cheese is flowering for about two weeks, im curious what turns out of those bagseeds :shucks: but cheese looks frosty and smeels nice (altough smell is kinda wierd). But thats not the case. After ill finish cheese, im planing to make it into a little sog box. with ten little plants (im thinkin about some nice seeds from Barney's Farm (maby some advices for seeds to put into this? ) Flowering under 10x15W warm white CFL's built into wood plank , 5 rows with 2 bulbs in each (1 CFL right above each plant, with attached chains on each corner so i can raise or lower my lights, depending on plant size. Have one more, identical cab wich is little bit damaged, i could repair it amd make veg cab, with same type of lighting, just with 10x11W cool white CFL's. So, anyone can say me that this is bad idea and aint worth it? Any advices and thoughts are warmly welcome
:plant grow:

Attachments

• close up.JPG
    close up.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Bud.JPG
    Bud.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 13
  • bump.jpg
    bump.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 12
  • lights off.JPG
    lights off.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 12
  • MicroCab1.JPG
    MicroCab1.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 14
  • MicroCab.JPG
    MicroCab.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 12
  • SecondCab.JPG
    SecondCab.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

NE1

Hey :),
Plz excuse strange english, its my 3. language. Nice start... i like the vintage look. In the pictures i cant see, where you have the intake of the box. Is it in the floor under the styropor? If so, you may like to enlarge it (Intake should be double size outtake).
I would also consider, to put all Lights horizontaly in the top of the box, with a glassplate under them. Leave some space on the opposite side of exaust, so air can get sucked between glassplate and top of box through the lampsection to keep those cool. Only thing to change then is to lower/rise the plants, instead of the lights.
You may also get yourself a lil fan to keep air circulating in flowerbox and to strengthen (and keep shorter) plants by blowing on them. this is also good against mold.
Since u dont have a mom/veg/clone-box yet and limited space i would either do a scrog with one or two plants, or a 12/12 from seed grow (if necesary with LST) with a few more.
IMHO could go for not to stretchy (mostly indica) strains. I would use feminised seeds. Barneys Farm has good ones, you could also look at the offers from femaleseeds, pyramid seeds, or sweetseeds... i like to get them at hemcy.at (many breeders, stealth, secure, good prices).
PLz let us know, how the Cheese worked out. If u like, visit my thread i gonna start in the next few days, i am about to build a new box with 150W CDM/HCI. Tryin to make everything foolproof.
NE-way, take care and good luck on your grow :)

P.S. If its not to much work, i would set up the other box for veg/mom/clones, u could them make Dr.Bud-style microSOG with lil clones in drinkbottles. Very cool. If you havent read yet, take a look in these threads:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=69713
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=115690&highlight=anti+3000
in Antis thread u can also get a idea what i ment with the glassplate
If microSOG is to much work, u could veg in one box and flower in SCROG or LST in the other box.

Last edited:
Thanks for stopping by NE1. Yes, under styropor is 5x3'' intake holes but had to cover them because of low temps (temps dropped to 50F during night, but its solved since added 3more CFL's. Before there were only 3 of them) Had temps above 80F with six bulbs till removed styropor, now it varies between 60 and 75. Yes, i think ill reorganize my lights cuz now it looks like big mess there, and glassplate is good idea, definately will use it. Second cab will be turned into mom/veg/clone box. But what would it be if i turned both of those cabs into 12/12 from seed cabs? Would i be able to yield more than with one cab for veg/moms/clones? Went through both of those treads yesterday, really amazing works. Looking forward to see your 150W CDM/HCI thread. And about wattage, will 150w(7000-8000k lumens) be enough? Cab is 2.5 sq/ft

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
With what you're trying to do, I'd look to the grows of Thundurkel and DrBudGreengenes.

You can't PM yet but, you can leave a Visitor's Message or check their posts history for applicable threads.

Fixed up my lights

Fixed up my lights

Hello fellow IcMag'ers, heres In_Curios again :tiphat:

As you can see there were a big mess with my wiring for lights, so reconstructed it a bit and added 2 more 26watters (big spirals in pics) :dance013:

So, here it is:

Before

After removing all bulbs and wires

Wired up and tested

Mounted in cab

Bulbs in

From ground

Lights on

And plants in

Allthough it was messy to wire up those little motha******, it was worth it, looks a lot better, huh? :bump:

looks 10x better with it cleaned up and lights mounted. just get the plants closer to the lights early on to keep strech down and the nodes tighter and u can get some nice dense nugs with those cfl's.

looks 10x better with it cleaned up and lights mounted. just get the plants closer to the lights early on to keep strech down and the nodes tighter and u can get some nice dense nugs with those cfl's.

Thanks for stoppin by, rollinmachine. :tiphat:

Yeah i know they look stretched as hell, though cheese is smelling soo nice :yummy: As i hope, next week ill change all of those bulbs to 26watters, (like 2 biggest spirals in can atm. )They are bright as f***. so there will be 208 total watts, 13000 lumens on 2.5 sq/ft (83w per sq/ft3 ,5200 lumens per sq/ft) Im still thinking to add one of those fluoro sized UV lights, as as far as i know they can produce up to 15% addinional resin in flowers, anyone they say that they do the trick? :chin:

lots of people on here use uv lights to increase resin production. i would sugest getting a few runs under ur belt before trying to optimize ur grow fisrt. learn what the plants want and need before u go off tryin to make the final product better with no experience of whats going to happen. grow some nice buds with just the cfls then u will be able to add/upgrade your grow to fit to your needs and wants and you will be prepared and experienced for what u need to do to get it done.

AlexTrebek

If you want to play spectrum god a bit, CFL's are a cheap way to experiment with it.

Terpene uses red coated CFL's and well he's plants speak for themselves.

There's also the 5500k photographer bulbs found online that some have had luck with.

Aswell are 6K, 10K and 14K Actinic bulbs that PetFlora uses, they are found pretty cheaply online by hobby coral growers selling off lights on craigstlist.

Have fun and by the way, great job on rewiring all the sockets, your headed places!

lots of people on here use uv lights to increase resin production. i would sugest getting a few runs under ur belt before trying to optimize ur grow fisrt. learn what the plants want and need before u go off tryin to make the final product better with no experience of whats going to happen. grow some nice buds with just the cfls then u will be able to add/upgrade your grow to fit to your needs and wants and you will be prepared and experienced for what u need to do to get it done.

Thank for advice rollin, ill leave UV's alone for a while, maby in another run, your'e right, gotta get some harvests under my belt before i start try UV's and other stuff, after ill harvest those plant ill probably go to hempys sog, thinkin about puttin 10 seeds in 1 litter beer can hempys, how does it sound?

If you want to play spectrum god a bit, CFL's are a cheap way to experiment with it.

Terpene uses red coated CFL's and well he's plants speak for themselves.

There's also the 5500k photographer bulbs found online that some have had luck with.

Aswell are 6K, 10K and 14K Actinic bulbs that PetFlora uses, they are found pretty cheaply online by hobby coral growers selling off lights on craigstlist.

Have fun and by the way, great job on rewiring all the sockets, your headed places!

Yeah, i saw how Terpene rocks that CFL cab, very good job, but whats about those 6K, 10K and 14K Actinic bulbs from PetFLora that you mentioned, never heard of them, looks that i have some reading to do tonight :)

Thanks for advices folks :tiphat:

AlexTrebek

PetFlora is a key combatant for the fight on knowledge about T5HO's and their various spectrums. He and another person named "prof3ssur" (i believe) did allot of studies and test grows using T5HO bulbs commonly used in the aquarium coral industry.

There were many myths that these light produced too much a of white light (that replicated the bright white sun in the middle of an ocean) that they couldn't get a proper spectrum to grow a terrestrial plant like MJ in.
What people neglected to understand is that plants don't think in Kelvins, they see light and they absorb it as best they can based on the chemical activities in their leaves!

If you would like to know more about the subject, check out PetFlora's current journal, it has a bazillion views.

Also check out Phaeton's upcoming grow as he is preparing a life changing grow for us all, he's the wildcard!

If you still have trouble finding the good stuff, poke me for links :)

Fill your brain with as much knowledge as you can like it's the last day of your life!

scallywag

It looks like you have spider mites in the 3rd pic in your 1st post. I see web and a little white speck. Or am I seeing something else?

It looks like you have spider mites in the 3rd pic in your 1st post. I see web and a little white speck. Or am I seeing something else?

Not sure that it is spider mites, just had to take plant out of cab to do some work on cab, and placed them in kinda bad place, as my cab is in basement, there some some old spider webs, but i didnt saw any spiders on plants and that web aint on plants any more, more likely it was just dust that sometimes builds up in corners of basement, thanks for attention :tiphat:

PetFlora is a key combatant for the fight on knowledge about T5HO's and their various spectrums. He and another person named "prof3ssur" (i believe) did allot of studies and test grows using T5HO bulbs commonly used in the aquarium coral industry.

There were many myths that these light produced too much a of white light (that replicated the bright white sun in the middle of an ocean) that they couldn't get a proper spectrum to grow a terrestrial plant like MJ in.
What people neglected to understand is that plants don't think in Kelvins, they see light and they absorb it as best they can based on the chemical activities in their leaves!

If you would like to know more about the subject, check out PetFlora's current journal, it has a bazillion views.

Also check out Phaeton's upcoming grow as he is preparing a life changing grow for us all, he's the wildcard!

If you still have trouble finding the good stuff, poke me for links

Fill your brain with as much knowledge as you can like it's the last day of your life!

Ow, so PetFlora is someone here on IC? I though it is manufacturer of those bulbs you mentioned, my bad. Gonna search up that grow immediately, thanks for pointing on that. Thanks, but until now hadnt big problems with finding links, have about 100 IC articles saved on my bookmarks, but still spending a lot of time to find new insiring threads here, i guess they are endless, this site is like Bible for growers all around the world.

Lightproofing exhaust

Lightproofing exhaust

Got concerned about enormous anounts of light leaking out of my cab and finally decided to lightproof it, started big biggest hole, exhaust. As you can see it looks like liitle sun hidden in box, i guess it could make people suspicious :chin:

Walked around the house, found some cardboard pieces and white 50x50cm foam plates, wich are used to be sticked to ceiling. took scrissors, and acril to glue it all together, started to think how i could make that dump into light-trap. Decided to make 'cardboard and foam plate maze sandwich :whee: Here it begins

Tools gathered

Took scrissors, made 15*15 cm squares of cardboard and 2x15cm
slices of foam-rubber, started to glue all that mess together with acril.

Remembered that need to make hole in cardboard, oops.

Then made same hole in second cardboard, and glued it to this one, made two more layers of carboard and foam-rubber the same way to make maze for light be lost.

Then made exhaust sized hole on one more, and glued it to the maze.

Covered sides with some insulating tape and added one more layer of cardboard to back of trap to kill all light that made it trough the maze

Some acril sauce on my sandwich, and its ready to go.

Glued it to exhaust, sealed crack between cab and sandwich with some more acril (i love acril, was too lazy to find PVA glue :biglaugh: ) And here it is, no light leaks anymore

Although exhaust is sealed real nice now and it even made noice a bit lower, still have five 3'' intake holes to lightproof, cant use PVC pipes because space between cabs floor and basement floor is only 4cm. Any ideas?

AlexTrebek

Ghetto and functional,
KISS at it's finest!
Nice little vent, lightproofing is a bitch when the lights and plants are already in :(

Made intake lightproof

Made intake lightproof

With some styropor , paper and acril lightproofed intake to kill light last light leaks. Too high and lazy to make a description, just few pics :dance013:

Eve is ill

Eve is ill

Hello, today got home, went to plants, and she got my attention, growth has nearly stopped and had yellow tips of new growth. What you think, over watering or maybe cold? Between, last week my timer gone to ''random'' somehow and randomly turned light on/off four days, it couldnt do it, right? Heres some photos

Monday

Friday

You can see yellow new growth

GrowBox420

Nice light trap's!

Your timer going on random might have something to do with that issue... I'm finding that the old dial timers seem to be the way to go as I have some fancy one it always seems to confuse me:monkeyeat