What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pre-98 Bubba x (Katsu Bubba x Bubba Kush)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heres a last pic of that katsu bubba x bubba F2 at 8-9 weeks - the only girl that i got, she was harvested soon after this. probably a 9-10 weeks
the buds have a very distinctive smell, not sure how it relates to the actual katsu cut as i havent tried that, but the main aroma is very perfumed, sweet but not floral or fruity... kind of sweet incense/spicey probably a combination of smells and i can definitely pick mint out and perhaps a little sage but as said the overall effect is a sweet, cloying perfume smell maybe a bit like jasmine. very nice and quite unusual. the only thing i have had that smells even vaguely similar to it is the amnesia coffee shop cut.
There is a similarity to the pre-98 bubba smell there, but it is subtle.
the sweet perfume smell translates well to the taste when smoked. high is mellow and happy with decent potency for an unselected F2
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the first smoke report is in from vitamingreeninc - well written report and very positive, especially as vitgreen only ended up with 2 females after some bad luck early on in the grow
i will send in a batch of these seeds to the bay in the next week or two

Hello, I let them cure for a couple of weeks and wanted to experience them at different stages to give a better feel. First pictured is the Katsu Leaning pheno. The smoke on this one is complex. Smells of musk, earth, and hops. Had several friends refer to it as smelling similar to a good IPA. This one is not my personal favorite, but for Bubba lovers-grade A. The smoke is expansive, but smooth, and the aftertaste is very, very Hoppy and leaves the flavor in your mouth for awhile. Very strong medicinal effects, and while I smoke 1gram~ a day, this one is best for a late afternoon session paired with a good brew and some friends.
. View Image

This is the Pre-98 leaner. Creamy, mocha and chocolate is what the jar smells of as soon as you open it. It's such a heavy feeling smell, almost like it doesn't want to come out of the jar. When a nug is broken up howevr is when this girl shines. Incense and perfume join with the mocha smell to create a herb that is obviously a painkiller. The smoke is smooth like the smell, and the taste carries over even into the exhaled smoke. The flavor lingers in your mouth and brings to mind a warm night in front of the fire wrapped in a blanket while the weather and world beats with all of its might to get in, but luckily this lovely lady is the gate keeper. The effects are perfect for the night. Calm feelings slowly drift throughout your body and you will feel the need to stretch as the stress and tension of the day slowly unwind from your mind. This was my favorite pheno for sure, and I can't believe it took 1 pack of testers to find two of the main phenotypes of the parents. I attempted to reveg both, because many people liked the Katsu leaner, but the only one that has taken off is the pre-98 leaner. I would definitely recommend this strain to everyone. Thank you VerdentGreen
View Image View Image View Image

link to the grow
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=307817&page=3

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks danny, i'm just sorting out the first batch of these to send in early next week

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yep, there is a batch of these at seedbay which should get listed at some point soon, just have to send OP the info.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
been away for a week, i will chase OP to list these up. He has all the info afaik

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heard from OP and he says these bubba packs will get listed on monday.

cheers

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
still trying to chase up and find out when these and the BDB will be listed, hopefully soon - sorry for the delay guys

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just heard from oldpink, he's back in the office after illness so we should see the listings soon, keep an eye out!

VG

Cabinet Ninja

Veteran
Grabbed myself a pack. Still 6 or so left.

They'll have to go n the vault for a while, but I'll be making myself some Pre 98 Bubba BX seeds when I get back up and running :)

Coughie

Hey VG,

Just trying to get my facts straight and wrap my head around what's coming to me..

You received (Katsu Bubba x Bubba Kush) F2's.. And made F3's..
The seeds on the 'Bay.. those are [Pre-98 Bubba x (Katsu Bubba x Bubba Kush)] F1's?

Hoping to isolate the Pre-98 aspect of the cross, personally. I love the coffee terpenes, hence the screen name lol.

Is there more than the 1 grow report, posted? Am I missing some information somewhere?

Thanks for working this, and making it available.
Much appreciated; I'm very excited!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi coughie, yeah you have it pretty much straight.

pre-98 bubba kush x(katsu x bubba F2)

this is a brand new line so not many test grows so far, im itching to pop some myself but not possible atm

vitgreen did the grow here, he lost few plants but was left with 2 girls, one katsu and one pre-98 pheno, his description of the pre-98 pheno sounded like a dead ringer for the clone.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=307817

mtntrogger also did a grow, he seemed to get all katsu phenos but he had problems with broad mites and hasnt been around much these last couple of months
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=305948

so the pre-98 phenos are defo in there if thats what you're looking for.
making some F2s would likely give wider pheno choice too, but you should find what you want in the F1s i would think.

it'll be interesting to see how some more grows turn out so keep us posted on yours.

it may also be worth combining males from this line to some pre-98 S1s if you are into working it a bit :)

VG

Coughie

Thanks for getting back to me, VG!
I guess I had seen vitgreen's but not mtntrogger's; thanks for sharing those

I'm hoping to find some pre-98 females, and males, to IBL this line towards a pre-98 expression. I dont know how far I'll get before I see signs of vigor slowing down, but I'm really chasing that coffee/chocolate/mocha/earthy phenotype.

Not so much on feminization myself (not knocking it, just not my thing), or I would work in some of those S1's. 4 packs of these Pre-98 x (Katsu Bubba x Bubba Kush) should make for decent selections though.

Thanks for making these available
Bubba is one of my 'holy trinity' lol

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi coughie, 4 packs should make for a great selection. i look forward to hearing what you find!
VG

Latest posts

Latest posts