What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BHO purge question

Jagged

Just wondering if i put bho in coconut oil to decarb for capsules will it negate the need for a purge?

Many thanx

jswick93

Your bho should be properly purged before diluting it with the coconut oil. But no, if you mix unpurged bho, or "tane soup" into coconut oil and decarb it, the residual solvent levels may decrease, but certainly not too much in my opinion. That is also not the correct way to go about it. It should be decarbed and purged before hand.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just wondering if i put bho in coconut oil to decarb for capsules will it negate the need for a purge?

Many thanx

No it won't negate the need for a purge. I decarb in a 250F hot canola oil bath before adding anything to the extract.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It doesn't emulsify. It is fully soluble and forms a mixture.

As in theres still full chemical butane and thc molecules? Yeah I think that's the case because I tried to research a different molecule for BHO for my Logo and was unable to find anything.