What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Reveg Thread

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
So I always wanted to know what a revegging plant looked like but I could never find pics to know if my girls were on their way and since they just started to pop branches out of the buds I left I thought this would be a good spot for noobs like myself or anybody wondering about revegging to post questions and if anyone has any tips feel free to drop them cuz I thinks it's a important topic, I know theres a lot of growers out there that have a plant they want to make a mother but dont know how to go about it....

What I did was follow what Dr.Bud and a few other people on here would do and that was give them a real good flush with plain water, keep at least 10% of the buds on the plant or plants you want to keep, after the flush I water them with a mix of 1 dropper full of Shultz 10-15-10 and 10 drops of Superthrive and stuck them under 24 hour light cycle, it's been 10 days since I harvested these Alaskan Thunder Goo's and heres how they look...

I see a little branch poppin out!

The top of plant 2 with another branch coming out!

So far they are on the way to becoming mother's so I can just snip off a few cuts and toss them right in this for 7-10 days

Then off to flowering they go!!!!

obZen

I'm revegging some plants right now - waiting to build a new cabinet - I'll post some pics of the reveg later if you don't mind. Maybe we can help someone save a strain with this thread. =]

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Obzen - yea thats what it's here for even tho there is another one this is for us micro dudes haha

Get Mo - did you leave any buds on that ???

obZen

Re:Veggies!

Re:Veggies!

Before Transplanting the Revegging Mother:

Pepsi Bottle Shaped Roots! LOL

After Transplanting:

I normally don't use such large containers - but this mother is on her THIRD reveg - Her THIRD time being cut down to a stump!
She needed some fresh soil for more nutes.

Last edited:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Nice! Looking good glad to see somebody add to this I will have some updates soon mine are looking trippy (I've never watched a plant reveg with buds on it)the buds look all funky with round leaves sticking out

ninjashoes

cool thread, I think this topic is very important for micro growers since they usually lack the space for a proper mother/clone box

TemptedSoul

Heres a couple reveggies for ya! DrBud style!
154968-4_hi_res_026.jpg

154968-4_hi_res_027.jpg

154968-4_hi_res_029.jpg

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Here's a update on my ladies with their mutant leaves

few more weeks and I'll have 2 Alaskan Thunder Goo mothers!! :headbange

dallas_boy

Wow. gotta try this. a life saver for those budded out plants from seed that you wished you cloned from the get go.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yes it is Dallas Boy thats why I made the thread cuz I hadn't seen one for us micro grower and I think it's important to reveg since you'll will get more bud on the 2nd time you flower after the reveg and it's nice to keep genetics that you may never have again... make a mom first I would have a whole SOG already going if I wouldve just done that first..... But no I had to flower my clones ...silly newb, but look at me now ! I'm on my way

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Heres a shot of my Alaskan Thunder Goo reveggers couple more days till I toss the small one into flower and keep the bushier one for a mommy...

:rasta: :jump: :rasta:

Pig-Pen

Just wait till you reveg one that gets stuck. Usually it manifests into veg like growth, but still growing calyxes and developing trichomes.

Anyway, I have another tip based on having had some special plants not make it back.

*Plan ahead*

That is, if you know you want to keep a plant and are going to reveg it be careful about it's nutrition as it matures. You'll want to make sure it maintains enough nitrogen that the leaves aren't yellowing as you would normally want.

Conversely be careful not to overfeed.

A plant will have a much harder time making it back if it's either deficient or scorched.

Cut the plant down a couple weeks early if you want to. Catch it while it's still green and healthy and before it begins to die off.

Another thing, go ahead and transplant it into a larger container if at all possible. Let those cramped roots spread out a bit, they'll thank you for it.

Last edited:

brendon420

i am reveggin my plant right now it has been going for about 4 months now....slow cfls :spank: :spank:

anyway i hope to get some clones and some nuggage :rasta:

jdog12

That link that Get Mo posted says to cut the size of the root ball down. Do any of you all do that? I have not seen anybody mention it.

And about how long have you all found that it takes for the new veg growth to start forming?

Last edited:
jdog12- I rip roots anytime I transplant!

When I do a reveg which I have done a few times now, I always rip away 60-70% of the roots. You do this because after you take all branches off and leave just a few popcorn buds at the bottom, the plant doesn't need that large of root system anymore. The plant is more likely to come back and faster if you rip the roots.

Next time you transplant and you see a ton of roots, take off the very bottom ones very carefully. I would only take 20-40% of the roots on a transplant. Then watch her grow in a hurry.

I will admit, one of my best strains did not make it through the reveg process, but every other plant has. So I guess I am at a 80% success ratio.

Starting to come back!

And then...Bam There back in a BIG way!

Check out my grows if ya wanna know more!
Good Luck!