What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1000 Watt Sensi Star Scrog

Here we are about day 10 of veg now... screen is 3' high 5'x4' wide 8 sensi star clones in five gallon pails (4 are planted already in 5ers) hopin for 2 pounds of this grow... what do you guys think??

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
NICE FIRST POST UNOBTAINIUM!!!

welcome to ICMAG. what do I think??
i think you're in for a treat :woohoo:

peace
beans

G

man i cant wait to watch this. what are the final size pots you are going to use???

G

oh man i hope you know what you're in for.

i'll be sittin back lurkin around this thread! :yes: :respect:

Oh i know what im in for... a lot of training. thats why theres 4 wheels on the bojttom of thsi rig to allow for me to pull it out an get in at each side. final size pots are going to be 5 gallon pails as you can see 4 are planted aslready and am going down to plant the other 4 now. what do you guiys think the drooping is assciated with?? pics to follow

So it begins.....

So it begins.....

got them all planted into the five gallon pails now... some plants are already touching the screen :D training to start soon... lots mroe pics! drop in folks dont be fraid to let me know what you think or if i could improve anyhing... ps any of you have experience with thsi type of schultz soil????? i planted 4 plants into it... hoping to cut down on the work as im hoping i wont have to fertilize that side of the rig. other side is on strait promix... what about the drooping?? let me know dudes...

G

:wave: unobtainium you have picked my all time fav plant to grow. Good luck i'll be watching. :woohoo: :lurk:

GCG

G

If the soil is anything like Miracle grow I don't think you will have a problem, that is what I used. I know that SS is real nute sensitive.

I don't see any drooping in your pics?

GCG

the soil is 0.08-0.12-0.08 whatever that means.,.. is that close to the strength of miracle grow? its got slow release nutrie4nts in it. and the drooping doesnt happen till later on in the day... i think its the humidty (in canada) got a humidifyert in there now and turned the fan off. the lights are on 20/4 its the first time ive run that before... the plants start drooping bout 3 hours before the lights go off and they stop drooping for the morning... any ideas?

G

what are you temps???and if your plants are already that close from the containers i wouls suggest lstn them and et the branches to come out more.. if you want to fill that screen in entirely then you will need a long veg time and some serious training.. to cover the whole area..

heres the top of my scrog grow

keep in mind thats one plant and the bottom left corner those 2 dark tops is another. heres a bottom shot

sorry to post pix in your thread just wanted to maybe throw my .2 cents in

peace,,

the drooping could be a number of things. like your temps are to high. did you add any perlite to the schultz. i ahve used this before and i know the moss can be thick and not allow for to much drainage.. whats you ventilation like??

growmatic

First off, things look really great; really nice construction.

However...

I hate to rain on your parade but I wouldn't recommend the soil that you're using--on your next grow I would recommend going with a fox farm ocean forest, perlite, vermiculite, earthworm casting, bat guano etc. mix...

I've used slow release nutes in the past in my first couple of grows and wasn't impressed with the yield... It's easier to burn your plants if you use it with other products. Just my 2 cents...

Good luck on the grow!

Last edited:
ya i plan on vegging for at least 20 days after the tips hit the screen.. this screen is gonna be full dont worry dudes.ive scrogged before... but just under a 150 so i know what its all about. as to the drooping though.... its not heat... temps are fine in the room...i dont hvae a good ventilation system im just relynig on my hosue air exchanger and the 20 inch box fan i got whirlin air around in there... lemme know. thanks for the pics an the 10 cent

G

You got some excellent advice on this thread. You do need to use different soil next time. You might be over ferting and maybe over watering. How often do you water them?, and do you have good drainage? Those would be my guess. I'll be watching too bro.

well i have half teh plants in normal promix and half in this shultz stuff... actually they only got there first taste of shultz today qwhen they went into the five gallon buckets. ill be ure not to use any additives on those 4 plants. the rH here is about 5% is low humidty assocuiated with drooping?

only half the plants are actually in the shultz soil... and probly about half of the soil in those buckets is promix so i think i should be ok...? right.

wikidcalibudgrl

:wave: :woohoo: Wow! right on unobtainium! I absolutely LOVE ss... rockin strain right there! I never have got to grow any myself, but had access to lots,, and let me tell you, we accessed it a LOT. :biglaugh: i'll be lurkin for this grow as well... good luck to you!

Hello to whoever sent me rep for my Sunset pic,, lmao.. tho it was all Mother Natures work. Just another beautiful Christmas time California Sunset for All to enjoy. :wink: :joint:

Last edited:
G

Use some nutes but not nearly as much as the pro mix plants. You'll be good to go.

buckeye-leaf

cannabis enthusiast
Veteran
i myself had the pleasure of having a friend who grew sensi star and it is very pungeant while growing do you have any odor controll? hope all goes well with your grow, sensi star is one of my all time favs.

buckeye-leaf

sweet smokey... i was kinda worried about that slow release shit myself ... i just will give thewm strait water. yes it is a very skunky smelling plant... no odour control needed tho i live wayyyyy out in the country... in Canada. lol