What's new

Fevers seeds are in pheno hunt and Grow show

DrFever

Veteran
Hey all been a while since i did a grow seeds are in gifted to me from a very good friend Thank you VG

Strains are Fat bubba F2
C4 DD
and thanks to Frank dank and VG to come up with the DIGi blue berry strain cross looking forward to getting this grow show going being Sativa i am going to veg the digi 20 weeks or 2 cycles of complete grow making monsters from them unlimited wattage

As usual its going to be scrog horizontal DWC / ppk with syphon flood and drain with 1 - 2 " perched water table being pulsed in intervals with over 90 percent pure 02 into root zone
being most medium o2 levels are rather contaminated with carbon dioxide thinking with pulsed 90 percent pure 02 into perched water in medium this will increase all aspects of growth and health of plant as well help rid plant of its toxins in root zone quicker we will see DWC is new to me so going to need all of you to help me out now and then thanks

Gavita 1150 watters plasma with c02 2500 watts per 5x5 area @ 100 watts per sq foot in print 3 area grow :) not including flower and propagation room
early veg will be Sunblaster t5 ho's 300 watts for training and getting them big and bushy then vegged with GAV's and plasma

Now i better get on completing my PPK build

My first question folks being new a DWC is i will be doing multiple plants and making my own net pots and system so came across some nice 6"circumference by 6" deep white pails i plan on using for net pots going into black pails
will this be ok to use notice most net pots are black :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking forward to the show DrF!

EDIT:

these are the genetic make up of the strains

Fat Bubba F2: Pre98 Bubba (clone) x Sour Bubble

C4DD: Chem D (clone) x C4D

BlueDigiBerry: Blueberry (clone) x [Digiberry bx1]

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:lurk:

Thanks for letting me know you got this up and running, DrFever! Good luck on your hunt!!!

dank.Frank

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
hey, buddy! the ppk is not a dwc technique. it does not use net pots or high speed recirculation of water.

please go to the "ppk for a 6 plant limit" thread for build details. I just posted the build for growing really large plants there.

feel free to ask questions and I will visit here more often now.

thank you for trying this!

d9

DrFever

Veteran
hey, buddy! the ppk is not a dwc technique. it does not use net pots or high speed recirculation of water.

please go to the "ppk for a 6 plant limit" thread for build details. I just posted the build for growing really large plants there.

feel free to ask questions and I will visit here more often now.

thank you for trying this!

d9

Hey D9 thanks for coming by i am going to be doing DWC on some as well as ppk on others :) just getting things set up will start germinating this week end

DrFever

Veteran
Might as well get the show going Will start germinating this week end pics to follow
woo hoo

DrFever

Veteran
Hey all or who ever is checking in hahaha after few days of getting my stuff in order, co2 refills, oxygen bottles as i am going to use pure 90 percent purged into my root system ( timed intervals ) as well in my reserve tanks food bla bla you know figure i better get germinating today .
So lets get started
i purchased a while back 4 Nano domes which i will use for my germinating and start of this grow Nano technology by sunblaster , i have used sunblaster for many years with very impressive results ,from cloning to early veg development.
So i am very interested how these mini green houses will work for my girls

Attachments

• IMG399.jpg
    IMG399.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG444.jpg
    IMG444.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG 0162
    IMG 0162
    130.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG408.jpg
    IMG408.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 6
Can you tell us more about the bottled oxygen? I was planning on running med-man(recirculating top drip in case you're not familiar) style tables in a sealed room. I was planning on pulling air from the room my ballasts are in to the root zone but don't want to for obvious reasons. This bottled oxygen seems like a perfect remedy. Can you tell us about your equipment(valve/timer/etc) and the intervals you'll be using?

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds interesting about the O2 in the root zone. I was thinking about an areo system where O2 level in the root zone are always greater than air...

Did you consider oxygen dissolution in water and how to do it?

Do you have any kind of DO monitor or controller?

If you want any help for dwc stuff, feel free to ask :)

Best luck with your pheno-hunt bro!

:wave:

DrFever

Veteran
Can you tell us more about the bottled oxygen? I was planning on running med-man(recirculating top drip in case you're not familiar) style tables in a sealed room. I was planning on pulling air from the room my ballasts are in to the root zone but don't want to for obvious reasons. This bottled oxygen seems like a perfect remedy. Can you tell us about your equipment(valve/timer/etc) and the intervals you'll be using?

Well this is going to be all new to me , as for regulator you need a conserver o2 reg that is a pulse type you can adjust as for how many liter per min
as for times i am going to have to play with it as trial n error probably start it when medium purge is 1/4 done then it stops half purge then on drain cycle we will see ???
thats a while away yet lol

Sounds interesting about the O2 in the root zone. I was thinking about an areo system where O2 level in the root zone are always greater than air...

Did you consider oxygen dissolution in water and how to do it?

Do you have any kind of DO monitor or controller?

If you want any help for dwc stuff, feel free to ask :)

Best luck with your pheno-hunt bro!

i am thinking that it takes 2 H atoms and 1 O atom to make H20 so its like oxygen in water is 1/3 by adding higher percentage of actual 02 will it make it even
not sure but i am confident that giving root zones higher percentage of oxygen will see better overall growth and yield,,
it can only add to better nutrient uptake i am guessing and if it takes more nutrients then maybe ???? i will see rapid growth rates

As for room controllers i have room well dialed but presently looking for another controller that will monitor feed intake , ph, EC self automated all i do is fill res with with nutrients and it self auto adjust to my desired ec levels adjusts ph etc and desired temps

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i am thinking that it takes 2 H atoms and 1 O atom to make H20 so its like oxygen in water is 1/3 by adding higher percentage of actual 02 will it make it even
Beside the others chemical reactions that can be involved adding O2 in a nutrient solution with a lot of things in it, I think you have to do just one thing: increase Dissolved Oxygen (DO) level.

DO levels are affected from many things, temps, ec etc... but the main question that comes in my mind is about dissolving a gas in a liquid. I would investigate on how to maximize the efficiency of the dissolution.

When you have a well oxygenated water, DO level reaches 100% saturation. If you keep pumping air in the water DO level stay at 100%, it can't keep more oxygen.

If you add H2O2 in that water you can reach an higher %, over 100%. From decomposition of H2O2 (not immediate) there are H2O and O. This last O raises DO level.

I think simply pumping O2 in the water you're not going to have more than 101% or a little more of DO saturation.

As for room controllers i have room well dialed but presently looking for another controller that will monitor feed intake , ph, EC self automated all i do is fill res with with nutrients and it self auto adjust to my desired ec levels adjusts ph etc and desired temps
I was meaning DO tester like this: http://www.coleparmer.com/Product/Oakton_DO_6_Dissolved_Oxygen_Meter_Only/EW-35643-10

Did you also think about safety? O2 is flammable in high %. Did you consider a failure in the system, like a solenoid valve or other stuff?

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey doc,,,,,
al the very best with your present endeavors,,,,,,looking forward to seeing some huge roots as per usual:tiphat:,,,,,,co2 sounds exicitng,,
tagged,,in for the long run with ya doc lol,,,s2

DrFever

Veteran
Beside the others chemical reactions that can be involved adding O2 in a nutrient solution with a lot of things in it, I think you have to do just one thing: increase Dissolved Oxygen (DO) level.

DO levels are affected from many things, temps, ec etc... but the main question that comes in my mind is about dissolving a gas in a liquid. I would investigate on how to maximize the efficiency of the dissolution.

When you have a well oxygenated water, DO level reaches 100% saturation. If you keep pumping air in the water DO level stay at 100%, it can't keep more oxygen.

If you add H2O2 in that water you can reach an higher %, over 100%. From decomposition of H2O2 (not immediate) there are H2O and O. This last O raises DO level.

I think simply pumping O2 in the water you're not going to have more than 101% or a little more of DO saturation.

I was meaning DO tester like this: http://www.coleparmer.com/Product/Oakton_DO_6_Dissolved_Oxygen_Meter_Only/EW-35643-10

Did you also think about safety? O2 is flammable in high %. Did you consider a failure in the system, like a solenoid valve or other stuff?

The plan is actually either running a tube or / slash air stone in medium for the ppk grow which i will be using Floor dry as my medium with some pulses going into res as well via air stone be like placing a air stone, in middle of a pot full of soil eventually in root zone

As for safety 02 it self is not Flammable but more of a accelerator ,, But your right they are still very dangerous because they make other substances burn faster and more readily. and under extremely high pressure So bottles are outside the room

still going to try this might be a waste of time who knows with higher percentage of 02 there is going to be allot of different things going on even in room itself reduction in room atmospheric pressure will it make a difference idunno we will see

DrFever

Veteran
Well after spending last week trying to source out find proper stuff for my DWC set up and what i want i decided to bite the bullet and get one of these need to wait till monday to order
I priced everything out and TBO just pricing bulkhead fittings alone was close to 400 bucks i was like WTF so not sure if any of you are familiar with Current culture
Going to order the UC6

http://cch2o.com/products/hydroponic-systems/uc6/

check out the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjwzYMjlgvo

Meison

Well after spending last week trying to source out find proper stuff for my DWC set up and what i want i decided to bite the bullet and get one of these need to wait till monday to order
I priced everything out and TBO just pricing bulkhead fittings alone was close to 400 bucks i was like WTF so not sure if any of you are familiar with Current culture
Going to order the UC6

http://cch2o.com/products/hydroponic-systems/uc6/

check out the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjwzYMjlgvo

You should take a look a Snype RDWC system, I believe its around 400 bucks for a 10 bucket system...
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=267918

10 buckets are for 2000w I believe so if you make a 4 buckets its around 250 bucks, the part list is all there and the tutorial makes it easy to assemble.

TBH snype RDWC and UC are just the same shit! different name, bucket form, and specially different price tag.

its just my opinion.. DIY sounds a lot cheaper and fun to build!

DrFever

Veteran
You should take a look a Snype RDWC system, I believe its around 400 bucks for a 10 bucket system...
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=267918

10 buckets are for 2000w I believe so if you make a 4 buckets its around 250 bucks, the part list is all there and the tutorial makes it easy to assemble.

TBH snype RDWC and UC are just the same shit! different name, bucket form, and specially different price tag.

its just my opinion.. DIY sounds a lot cheaper and fun to build!

I am doing DIY ppk which is cost wise climbing by the time you sit down and think about it cost of each fitting and there not cheap your time on project all said and done your costs are pretty much the same
those lowes are 5 gallon UC is 8 gallon growth modules total power usage is 75 watts which is not bad to run system and you can add more modules if you like
1350 lph just saying sometimes its just better to bite the bullet rather then come home to a massive flood sure you can diy stuff but there is always hidden issues . leaks what ever you may have ,,Not everything always goes as planned i priced out everything its not cheap so with adding up everything sure i may save couple hundred bucks with fucking around with DIY i don't need the headache what is 200 - 300 bucks to have something at my door in 3 - 5 days ready to put together and go