What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

With the end of the world coming...how much MJ do you need stocked up?

Are you prepared? you've got food, got water, got guns and ammo. but how much weed do you need to last until you could grow more after the apocalypse?

I think some of the preppers are a little out there,but, I think being prepared for any emergency is good.
"expert" preppers say you should try to store a years worth of food and water, but how much weed would you need to see you and your fellow survivors through a year? whats the longest you ever had weed stay smokable in storage? whats the best way to store MJ for long periods of a year or more? I use mason jars, but there has to be many more ways for storage.

just looking for other views and ideas.

W

wilbur

my bet is ... thinking about human nature ... that when apocalypse happens ... getting stoned will be the last thing on a person's mind.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Seeds for food crops will be far more important when shit really does hit the fan. With people acting like selfish maniacs, I doubt most people would want to be letting their guard down. I know I sure as hell wouldn't. Although, some good reefer would be a great bartering commodity.

-Funk

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
well since you wont survive when you and your fellow survivors emerge anyway id plan to live in your hidey hole for a while imo,,

100 kilos would see me through 2 years i reckon,, but i wont be running and hiding like some cockroach waiting to be unearthed and smushed,,

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
hey man, wanna trade some ganja for what's in that skillet?

if total societal meltdown occurs, you ain't gonna have a chance. no offense, but wouldn't LEO be too preoccupied to notice that outdoor? no one is going to give up that skillet!

Sow now you know.

might have to eat "long pork" at least for a while.
but seriously, whats the longest anyone has had weed stored that's still smokable?

TLoft13

my bet is ... thinking about human nature ... that when apocalypse happens ... getting stoned will be the last thing on a person's mind.
Not true. If you look at SHTF scenarios that really happened, nothing in more demand than alcohol and cigarettes. I'm sure this extends to bud, though i never read it explicitly.

mrcreosote

Veteran
See what not having some weed to barter will get ya?

url

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
do you want to survive or do you want to survive?

10,000 pounds and 100,000 seeds minimum. same with ammo 10,000 bullets per person, enough gun powder to make a 100,000 reload rounds.

lol, just think of all the space that shit would take up. In reality I would just take my back packing equipment, one pound, and a large mason jar full of seeds.

Mr Apricot

Well, I hope marijuana cultivation saves the world. I believe marijuana progressed cultivation technology for food also (hydro systems,nutrients,and new low wattage led lights, etc) all this could be essential to survival of the human race. What if bees go extinct? or people may need to grow inside due to harsh climate conditions.

I have heard of a underground seed vault organized to collect and store countless species of plants from across the globe. Its a back-up plan set in place by some of the worlds richest.

I want a survival / fallout shelter outfitted with its own, wind, solar, or hydro-electric dam. With enough food, fuel and supplies all stored up for the inevitable hard times to come.

A good 10 pound pillow of weed would help me rest easy through the coming apocolypse.

Well, I hope marijuana cultivation saves the world. I believe marijuana progressed cultivation technology for food also (hydro systems,nutrients,and new low wattage led lights, etc) all this could be essential to survival of the human race. What if bees go extinct? or people may need to grow inside due to harsh climate conditions.

I have heard of a underground seed vault organized to collect and store countless species of plants from across the globe. Its a back-up plan set in place by some of the worlds richest.

I want a survival / fallout shelter outfitted with its own, wind, solar, or hydro-electric dam. With enough food, fuel and supplies all stored up for the inevitable hard times to come.

A good 10 pound pillow of weed would help me rest easy through the coming apocolypse.
Weed growers will rebuild civilization as it should have been!!!!

Pig Pen

Err...

Since the Founding Fathers were cultivators, I would say that the break was more recent, say 1931 or so. Greed over Wood paper vs Hemp paper, with a little anti-Mexican racism thrown in for good measure.

Read about it....

Drift13

I would think a 3 to 4 month supply(1/2 to 1 LBS) plus seed stock. Should be able to grow a crop in 3 months or so.....depending on where you live.

Latest posts

Latest posts