What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sunshine Daydream by Bodhi

Treevly

A friend has a few seeds laying around and said that I could have a few of various strains. Sunshine Daydream is one which, on paper, seems interesting. If anyone here knows the strain and can comment on it, please do. I am particularly keen to know size [small, medium, large] and approximate finishing time/dates.
Thanks for any info.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
A friend has a few seeds laying around and said that I could have a few of various strains. Sunshine Daydream is one which, on paper, seems interesting. If anyone here knows the strain and can comment on it, please do. I am particularly keen to know size [small, medium, large] and approximate finishing time/dates.
Thanks for any info.

Grew this line out a few years ago...easy to grow, good yields, mold resistance was good, finished around mid October at 37N. I’d grow it again...I still have some seed in storage. I also grew his Goji OG that season...that plant got huge. The SSDD didn’t get huge, but the buds were weighty at harvest time.

SSDD August 23, 2017...
picture.php

HB.

Treevly

Thank you for that. It looks good, and fairly broad-leafed. In the SSDD were there any range of characteristics, any phenotyping, or was it quite consistent? Thanks again.

growingcrazy

You will find that most people comment about a buttery blueberry muffin kush pheno.

I found a majority that are kush like with very sticky resin and a few different flavors. They will all have a strong earthy kush flavor and you can find some extreme potency within SSDD.

I went through multiple packs and kept a pheno that leans toward the bubba side but without the blueberry kush flavor. More of an earthy coffee kush and extremely potent. I found this pheno to be the most fungal resistant for outdoors... It kills it in and out... I wish I could get my hands on some more seeds or pollen to f2 this girl...

picture.php

Treevly

...and while I'm at it: that type of bud, with the twisty effect which looks a bit like a Dairy Queen soft ice cream top: which family do they come from, do you know? I see them in photos of various strains.

Happy Times

You will find that most people comment about a buttery blueberry muffin kush pheno.

I found a majority that are kush like with very sticky resin and a few different flavors. They will all have a strong earthy kush flavor and you can find some extreme potency within SSDD.

I went through multiple packs and kept a pheno that leans toward the bubba side but without the blueberry kush flavor. More of an earthy coffee kush and extremely potent. I found this pheno to be the most fungal resistant for outdoors... It kills it in and out... I wish I could get my hands on some more seeds or pollen to f2 this girl...

View Image

Maybe try selfing her? there’s a good STS thread on here, I’m trying it for the first time

growingcrazy

:laughing:

Could you not attempt that with the seeds you have stored?

...and while I'm at it: that type of bud, with the twisty effect which looks a bit like a Dairy Queen soft ice cream top: which family do they come from, do you know? I see them in photos of various strains.

I kept no male SSDD and didn't make F2's. I found that cut and ran with her. She is my #1 favorite cut. Chem/OG/Sours will make helix cola's.

Maybe try selfing her? there’s a good STS thread on here, I’m trying it for the first time

It's in the works. Currently I have a SSDD x BLR run going looking for a SSDD leaning male to Bx onto my SSDD cut.

Happy Times

I kept no male SSDD and didn't make F2's. I found that cut and ran with her. She is my #1 favorite cut. Chem/OG/Sours will make helix cola's.

It's in the works. Currently I have a SSDD x BLR run going looking for a SSDD leaning male to Bx onto my SSDD cut.

Hope both of those approaches work out!
What’s BLR?

Treevly

I went through multiple packs and kept a pheno that leans toward the bubba side but without the blueberry kush flavor. More of an earthy coffee kush and extremely potent. I found this pheno to be the most fungal resistant for outdoors... It kills it in and out... I wish I could get my hands on some more seeds or pollen to f2 this girl... https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84111&pictureid=2067032

Did the Bubba pheno take any longer to finish than its siblings?
Thanks

Jayded

My favourite was an appy leaner with a buttery popcorn chem smell.
The muffin girl i had the best flavour but stone from the appy girl was more potent.
I also had a pheno that was totally frosted out with resin on everything including the stems that was pretty much scentless and pathetically weak when smoked.

Treevly

I ...... kept a pheno that leans toward the bubba side but without the blueberry kush flavor. More of an earthy coffee kush and extremely potent. I found this pheno to be the most fungal resistant for outdoors... It kills it in and out... I wish I could get my hands on some more seeds or pollen to f2 this girl... https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84111&pictureid=2067032

Hmmm... The Bubba is the most fungal resistant..... but takes longer to finish. I would have to do some debating with myself on those factors. The fungal thing is important, but 70-74 days is a bit long for me. Still, perhaps it could be worked on.

Latest posts

Latest posts