What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Motherlode Gardens 2018

packerfan79

Veteran
the native soil garden was foliar fed every couple weeks since june, so maybe 6 or 7 times total this season. That's the only nutrition they got besides a few scoops of gypsum and rainbow mix thrown in the holes when they were planted in the ground.

The flowers are tremendous but most of the plants are showing some deficiencies by now, and fading out fast, which was to be expected. However the plants in new holes are doing better than the ones in our holes from last year, which makes me think the soil was somewhat depleted after last season. I do plan to work with it over the off-season.. If we can get the native soil dialed in then I expect that plot will double or even triple it's yield. There are some 2-4 pounders in there but I would rather have them be 6-10 pounds and i do believe it's possible given the amount of sunlight it gets.. Still though, i can't complain, the native soil plot this year has been very easy and cheap to grow.

yah the native soil crushed it this year, much better than last year. Our seeds are outgrowing everything else! Not sure if i would call myself a breeder, just a lucky pollen chucker at this point. We did make some Ancient OG F4's this year though, with a really beautiful male.. I really want to step up my breeding over the off-season, we have a bunch of cuts saved from our best plants this year for future breeding stock. I just need to set up a little hoophouse for them.

I got a pack of ancient og f2s, I am waiting till I am in a position to grow them outside. Same with the black lime reserve f2s I have. I have to say you get some awesome sunsets .

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Summer is offcially over. Fall is here and that means harvest season! We are just a few days away from starting to chop plants. The weather is great, i couldn't have asked for a more perfect finish.

The garden is looking very good compared to our previous years. I am especially pleased with our strain selection this year, so much variety and every plant is truly unique. The flowers are starting to harden and some look to be almost ripe. We are constantly hanging more trellis netting to support the growing colas, it seems they are much bigger this year! There are still some issues however....

Plant nutrition seems to be our biggest problem at this point, especially in the native soil. We will do what we can to fix it during the off-season. I would like to smooth out a few issues for next year. There is a potassium deficiency that is apparent in a few plants. Some others appear to be nitrogen deficient.

A couple plants suffered a major hit of some sort, they wilted and died overnight. one was very large. I saved a few branches in the freezer to send to a laboratory for testing. I suspect some sort of fungal infection but am not sure. A couple other plants are severely stunted, with clawed leaves and scraggly looking flowers, with these i suspect overwatering my be the cause but again, not sure. We took pictures of the affected plants and i will post them here when i get a chance to go through them. It is important to solve these problems , or at least know what is causing them.

The pest situation looks better this year. I think our treatments with GrandEvo and Venerate during flowering have been effective in controlling the russet mite damage. There are still some signs of their presence but nothing major like last year. I dont think we will have to throw anything away this year, which is a relief. Next year we will use a slighlty different approach to IPM, spraying weekly with sulfur instead of relying on predator mites throughout the growth period, then we will rotate spraying with Venerate and Grandevo during flowering.

anyway here's some pictures from the last couple days, some very special stuff here!

Ancient OG F3:
BxhsZvkh.jpg

ylVDQwqh.jpg

Snow Queen:
kYrcCnch.jpg

Sprite: (these ones really got big!)
Fco56kmh.jpg

Snow Leopard:
eFlNDeoh.jpg

MCGold

Whats up? Been jonesing for an update

pretty safe to say that they are working their arses off harvesting and drying and getting ready for cure and processing concentrates.:huggg:
that said I too cannot wait for another update! that sprite and Ancient OG looks amazing.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
pretty safe to say that they are working their arses off harvesting and drying and getting ready for cure and processing concentrates.:huggg:
that said I too cannot wait for another update! that sprite and Ancient OG looks amazing.

Pretty much croptober for ya, BUSY :dance013:

LostTribe

Premium user
Summer is offcially over. Fall is here and that means harvest season! We are just a few days away from starting to chop plants. The weather is great, i couldn't have asked for a more perfect finish.

The garden is looking very good compared to our previous years. I am especially pleased with our strain selection this year, so much variety and every plant is truly unique. The flowers are starting to harden and some look to be almost ripe. We are constantly hanging more trellis netting to support the growing colas, it seems they are much bigger this year! There are still some issues however....

Plant nutrition seems to be our biggest problem at this point, especially in the native soil. We will do what we can to fix it during the off-season. I would like to smooth out a few issues for next year. There is a potassium deficiency that is apparent in a few plants. Some others appear to be nitrogen deficient.

A couple plants suffered a major hit of some sort, they wilted and died overnight. one was very large. I saved a few branches in the freezer to send to a laboratory for testing. I suspect some sort of fungal infection but am not sure. A couple other plants are severely stunted, with clawed leaves and scraggly looking flowers, with these i suspect overwatering my be the cause but again, not sure. We took pictures of the affected plants and i will post them here when i get a chance to go through them. It is important to solve these problems , or at least know what is causing them.

The pest situation looks better this year. I think our treatments with GrandEvo and Venerate during flowering have been effective in controlling the russet mite damage. There are still some signs of their presence but nothing major like last year. I dont think we will have to throw anything away this year, which is a relief. Next year we will use a slighlty different approach to IPM, spraying weekly with sulfur instead of relying on predator mites throughout the growth period, then we will rotate spraying with Venerate and Grandevo during flowering.

anyway here's some pictures from the last couple days, some very special stuff here!

Ancient OG F3:
View Image

View Image

Snow Queen:
View Image

Sprite: (these ones really got big!)
View Image

Snow Leopard:
View Image

Amazing! when do you start cuttings or seeds? how do you veg?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Hey Schrews how's the harvest going? Jonsin for an update!

Hope you are clear of fires and having a great fall!

calaveras

Did schrews get busted or have some other disaster? It has been pretty quiet posting since harvest time and the cops and forest fires have been active. Hope all is well at our favorite big plant farmers home.

Sforza

Veteran
Did schrews get busted or have some other disaster? It has been pretty quiet posting since harvest time and the cops and forest fires have been active. Hope all is well at our favorite big plant farmers home.

I hope he is just busy and will drop a note in his thread soon.

PDX Dopesmoker

His Greenbroz trim machine arrived yesterday. Hopefully we'll get a field report.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Well there goes another season in the books. Sorry for the lack of updates recently, i've been way too busy/stressed out/cabin fever mode. We just finished drying everything a couple weeks ago, now we are trimming.

What a year! As always there were lessons learned, but we managed to pull our biggest harvest yet. All the various strains performed extremely well, no complaints anywhere. Everything went smoothly for the most part, besides the mites there's only some minor things that need to be dialed in. The hardest part of the season was just being up on the hill for so long.

The big plants in the mounds did just fine, although most were not as big as last year. I blame the smoke from the fires forcing early flowering. Quality was better this year though since we took measures to prevent russet mites. A bit of PM showed up at the end of the season so we definitely need to make some adjustments before next year. Our native soil plot was excellent too , definitely a lot of potential there.

Sprite was our MVP strain this year. Truly remarkable vigor and resin production, a very enjoyable flavor profile, and a strong uplifting high. I was actually very impressed with all our genetics this year. I will do a more thorough review soon. Still have a few pictures to upload as well, then it's on to the next chapter... we are already prepping for 2019 here

Hope all is well with everyone, peace!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
no busts or disasters, just a flakey thread-starter. I will try to do better next year.

Amazing! when do you start cuttings or seeds? how do you veg?
we sprout seeds on the new moon in march.

His Greenbroz trim machine arrived yesterday. Hopefully we'll get a field report.
stay tuned for a greenbroz review soon

Hi men, show how look some big buds from south outdoor after drying before trimming without leaves. Thanks. And stay on leg.

Last edited:

caliprop215

Veteran
Glad everything went well bro. Congrats on the harvestcant wait for the finished pics . U grew the 3x this year or previously