What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I think my phone is tapped.... FUCK

MrDanky

Ok, I have gone through about 3 cellphones in the past year and a half. (blackberry tours)

My first phone of the three was loaded with all sorts of stuff - photos of a grow, texts about deals, and maybe even some videos of me having sex with my girlfriend.

This phone randomly disappeared, no lock code or anything on it....

ok my next phone that i was given was running good for a while, then it started doing some crazy shit: good people who i did not ever send text msgs to were texting me back with messages saying "HUH?"... then i would say "huh" back to them, and they would forward me a copy of a message that someone else had sent to me...

for example, some guy txtd me asking me if i could "grab him 3 of them".... so my aunt suzie would text me back saying, get you three of what??

this tripped me out... and i chalked it off as an error in the network, and figured my network had diverted msgs somewhere along the line... i ended up getting a new phone after this had happened a few more times...

so, now i am on my third phone... and about 10 minutes ago I just had a friend text me saying "what is that all about?"..... and of course, he forwarded me a copy of a text that another dude just sent me....

I AM REALLY TRIPPED OUT NOW.... i told the guy who got the random msg sent to him what happened, and he told me my phone might be tapped... he has some police officer friends, so with this coming from his mouth it really worries me...

Truthfully, i AM NOT A BAD PERSON... i occasionally pick up stuff for myself and my friends... i do not hustle to random ass people or anythin like that...

i do know of a couple people who have been arrested in the past couple years and they had to have their phone forfeitted to the police... this is what makes me think that my number is being investigated...

my phone has been acting VERY VERY Qwerky the past month... my camera wont work, along with my video camera.... ALSO, my phone dies VERY quickly.... i can have a fulll charge and it will die within 8 hours... which is insanity... the phone also runs VERY slowly... sluggish... and occasionally when on the phone with people i hear sudden loud high pitch noises.... yes of course after hearing all this, of course you are going to believe my phone is tapped... thats how i feel myself... but i am confused... cuz i am NOT a bad person... a bad person would be someone who slangs heroin, or meth, or coke, or crack... i do not touch ANY of that stuff.......

what the hell can come about this???? am i going to get my door smashed down???

anyone have any advice for me other then to smash the phone and get new service???

FUCK .... i cannot afford to have anything go down in my life right at this moment...

Sour Joe

These snakes dont give a fuck about who you are good bad sick or insane they are gonna make that money by locking good folks up along with the bad. Its a system that is sadly and slowly killing this great world because the nation died along time ago.

There should be noone except you entering and exiting your grow room. Stay away from loud attention loving people and scrap the yard for as long as you can until your fan base is basically at zero and start over. Its a better deal to 5 or 10 years in prison for flowers.

K

kannubis

get rid of smart phone problems by getting rid of the smart phone

TruthOrLie

Veteran
so you take pics of grows and have texts of deals on a phone that you lost... and when you replaced it you didn't change the number?

man.

just... cancel your phone service. Find a completely new carrier or prepaid.

leave a voice message that says your phone is missing, contact your old contacts in two weeks.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I'd contact your friends now and let them know what time it is.... maybe even call your old number and say things like "I don't want any of whatever it is you got... man you changed!" or something of the sort... or did your number ever even change?

David762

MrDanky, I'm sure that as soon as you discovered that your first phone was missing, you called your cellular service provider to cancel the phone, right? And if you had passwords to any other accounts on that phone's SIM, you changed them as well?

AFAIK, Blackberry encrypts their traffic between their phones and their servers in Canada -- not superb security but okay. I don't believe that your phone could be tapped, or even cloned, the way that regular cellular phones can by cloning your phone's ESN, but I could be wrong.

RE: Short battery life & weird noises: You may have a defective Blackberry -- it happens. Sometimes that's a hardware issue, and sometimes a matter of a corrupted software installation.

RE: Erroneous text messages to persons in your phone's database: This could be an issue with Blackberry's servers themselves, with perhaps a corrupted database that routes other people's texts to your calling circle.

There is more that one way to deal with these issues.
(1) Call Blackberry service as a 1st step.
(2) If no resolution with (1), consider establishing a Blackberry account through an alternate cellular service provider (eg. Sprint instead of Verizon)

One of the best security practices is to keep your cellular phone access (standard, 3G/4G, or Blackberry) locked. Additionally, you would not want to keep incriminating photos or texts on your cellular phone, although that doesn't address the phone service provider's server storage or their server backup regimen.

I'm not too sure if you are in trouble or not, but what has happened has definitely affected your peace of mind -- use that caution to be more careful in the future.

Best wishes, and good luck in your life.
:tiphat:

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
Your a good person, it wont happen to you, ........................
wrong buddy ur a bad person , one who dabbles in illegal drug production/sales. and you give out picture /written evidence against yourself.
you know what you have to do
TS

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
if your phone is bugged, then the fact that the camera doesn't work might mean they are using it watch you. there was a story about a guy who lost his smart phone with grow pics on it. the police looked over it when it was handed in, found the pics, checked geo location info on the pics and went and busted the address.

don't use smart phones for taking pics of grows. as for being a good guy for the cops its enough to bust you that you go get weed for yourself and 1 other person, let alone for a few friends. would make sense that the phone uses more power if they are permanently filming recording what your phone see and hears, plus watching your texts and conversations.

in the end better be safe rather then sorry. could be hacker instead of cops too though, hard to know for sure whats up, or if anything is even up.

whodair

Veteran
I think my phone is tapped.... FUCK

kali mist and certain hazes make me feel paranoid too

303hydro

senior primate of the 303 cornbread mafia
Veteran
How do you guys think the Bush admin tapped 1 Billion Phone Calls ?

There has been programming available for 10 years that with a single PC you can monitor 10,000 lines at once by key word. As soon as a key word or words come up within a certain amount of time of each other your shit is flagged and recorded for life. I'm sure its the same with computers, and with spyphones I mean smartphones.

Midnight

Veteran
How do you guys think the Bush admin tapped 1 Billion Phone Calls ?

There has been programming available for 10 years that with a single PC you can monitor 10,000 lines at once by key word. As soon as a key word or words come up within a certain amount of time of each other your shit is flagged and recorded for life. I'm sure its the same with computers, and with spyphones I mean smartphones.

It's called Echelon; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echelon_(signals_intelligence)

ECHELON is a name used in global media and in popular culture to describe a signals intelligence (SIGINT) collection and analysis network operated on behalf of the five signatory states to the UK–USA Security Agreement (Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States, known as AUSCANNZUKUS).[1][2] It has also been described as the only software system which controls the download and dissemination of the intercept of commercial satellite trunk communications.[3]

ECHELON was reportedly created to monitor the military and diplomatic communications of the Soviet Union and its Eastern Bloc allies during the Cold War in the early 1960s, but since the end of the Cold War it is believed to search also for hints of terrorist plots, drug dealers' plans, and political and diplomatic intelligence.[citation needed]

The system has been reported in a number of public sources.[4] Its capabilities and political implications were investigated by a committee of the European Parliament during 2000 and 2001 with a report published in 2001,[5] and by author James Bamford in his books on the National Security Agency of the United States.[3]

In its report, the European Parliament states that the term ECHELON is used in a number of contexts, but that the evidence presented indicates that it was the name for a signals intelligence collection system. The report concludes that, on the basis of information presented, ECHELON was capable of interception and content inspection of telephone calls, fax, e-mail and other data traffic globally through the interception of communication bearers including satellite transmission, public switched telephone networks (which once carried most Internet traffic) and microwave links.[5]

Bamford describes the system as the software controlling the collection and distribution of civilian telecommunications traffic conveyed using communication satellites, with the collection being undertaken by ground stations located in the footprint of the downlink leg.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
are you hearing your own voice when talking? that always makes me hang up asap

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
I can't count the times I have heard this story.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Man people really crack me up sometimes. Didn't anybody ever hear of Watergate? WTF man? Don't SAY or TEXT anything on a phone or online that you don't want the world to see or hear, and that includes pictures and videos.

But all these potheads are so damn much smarter than the President or the head of the senate committee and don't need to worry about eavesdroppers.

Brings to mind another practice we hear about every day:
picture.php

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
Call and cancel your phone. Say it was stolen about two weeks ago.

Get a disposable.

Buy the minutes with cash.

I wouldn't keep the same number for more than a couple months.

zenoonez

Veteran
Two words man, burner phones. Why would you do deals on a line that can be traced to you? Bad business. Tear shit down. Get a new phone with a different network and only use the smart phone to call your grandma to schedule bingo nights and feeding the homeless at the local shelter.

MrDanky, I'm sure that as soon as you discovered that your first phone was missing, you called your cellular service provider to cancel the phone, right? And if you had passwords to any other accounts on that phone's SIM, you changed them as well?

AFAIK, Blackberry encrypts their traffic between their phones and their servers in Canada -- not superb security but okay. I don't believe that your phone could be tapped, or even cloned, the way that regular cellular phones can by cloning your phone's ESN, but I could be wrong.

RE: Short battery life & weird noises: You may have a defective Blackberry -- it happens. Sometimes that's a hardware issue, and sometimes a matter of a corrupted software installation.

RE: Erroneous text messages to persons in your phone's database: This could be an issue with Blackberry's servers themselves, with perhaps a corrupted database that routes other people's texts to your calling circle.

There is more that one way to deal with these issues.
(1) Call Blackberry service as a 1st step.
(2) If no resolution with (1), consider establishing a Blackberry account through an alternate cellular service provider (eg. Sprint instead of Verizon)

One of the best security practices is to keep your cellular phone access (standard, 3G/4G, or Blackberry) locked. Additionally, you would not want to keep incriminating photos or texts on your cellular phone, although that doesn't address the phone service provider's server storage or their server backup regimen.
:tiphat:

I agree with everything you said here!

Sounds to me like you got some good shit my friend!
If your address or anything’s that can link you to you is on your phone i would be worried about someone turning in your phone and busting down your door.... Not tapping your phone and waiting, and waiting, and waiting and sending text msg's and waiting...
Sounds to me like your just in your head... I have been threw 2 bad blackberry’s "curve 2" and my wife has been threw three.... blackberry’s are shit and so are most smart phones, they are full of clichés and that’s what this sounds like to me.

Call your provider and deal with it like you dont grow or sell, or anything....
EASY FIX..... LOCK YOUR FUCKING PHONES PEOPLE..... talk on BBM all you want about whatever you want, just lock the phones!

P.s If you really want a mind fuck....
Im sure they know you post here now after they got your phone I bet they can see this msg right now, and you just told the world what you really have to worry about...Shit man looks like you can side with us and get your phone fixed or you can go with the craziness and start ripping your shit down as tears slowly start rollinnndwn your face in slow motion...

Your choice bud! best of wishes. :cathug:

F

feral

The more technological advanced we become the more we screw ourselves.
One question why would anyone keep pics of illegal activities locked or not on their phone?
They can always unlock it, all they have to do is contact the service provider give them the ID info that is inside the phone usually by the battery and get the master code to unlock it. Or for some they have a master reset for the same model. They go online to a website that has the manual and that's all she wrote.
Get yourself a bunch of tracfones from one of the larger retailers, and register them under false names from a computer that is not yours or can be associated with you from a public wifi spot. Use for a while, then destroy them completely. If you lose it no problem for you, but can be for your contacts if you keep voicemails or text messages on your phone. In which case if they get approached who knows if they cop a deuce and start talking implicating you to save their own hide.
Dangerous game being played doing what you did. Learn from it and move on.

Latest posts

Latest posts