What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Amherst sour diesel

Mystic Funk

Hey everyone.

I got some Amherst sour diesel beans and I decided to pop three of them...
These will be grown organically in soil mix with slow release fertilizer and beneficial bacteria.

If anyone has grown these before I would like to hear what you think about this strain.

DJXX

Veteran
the Amherst is a decent diesel...i took it 75 and it wasn't triched out enough for me so it wasn't worth keeping in the stable, i am growing their Desert Diesel now to see if it is any better...DJ

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
the Amherst is a decent diesel...i took it 75 and it wasn't triched out enough for me so it wasn't worth keeping in the stable, i am growing their Desert Diesel now to see if it is any better...DJ

Do you think it's an S1 of ECSD?

The few pictures I have seen of ASD it does not look much like ecsd.

I got a few ASD freebies, if they are junk I wont bother to grow them I'll just give them away.

Mystic Funk

Do you think it's an S1 of ECSD?

The few pictures I have seen of ASD it does not look much like ecsd.

I got a few ASD freebies, if they are junk I wont bother to grow them I'll just give them away.

I asked my self that very question?.... then I put it next to my ecsd and the asd is way more indica.

if you look up the genetics it says it was crossed with an unknown strain?

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
I asked my self that very question?.... then I put it next to my ecsd and the asd is way more indica.

if you look up the genetics it says it was crossed with an unknown strain?

Yeah this is why I dislike HSO, they are very misleading and deceptive with their genetics.

With a name like Amherst Sour Diesel you'd think it was an ECSD s1.

The few pics I have seen look like some sort of weird indica not very sour diesely at all.

Mystic Funk

Ill have to run them side by side and see...

quote from HSO;
"This legendary elite clone was gifted to HSO by their Mendocino partners many years ago. It's the real deal and for those that know, the taste is superb and intense, plus the high is very strong too."

B

BAKED_BEANZ

heres a small bit i cut out of the middle of the one i got and still had few weeks left in it (outdoor) . you guys are always bashing hso every time they come up . i,ll take some pics of the crowns from this plant in a week or so see how crappy you think they are then .

there lemon thai i have has buds the size of coke cans and sticky and stinky of lemon fuel. they are more reliable some highly sort after seed breeders . and i,m not naming them . but i have over 50 different strains going atm . so i think i,m able to make the statement . hso are def not my go to breeders . but there,s no need to constantly bag them like people do .

always same old people banging the same old drum about hso, enjoy your grow mystic , there is some nice weed in them beans

Last edited:
B

BAKED_BEANZ

amherst diesel , what so it is that bad doesn't look like sour diesel hahaha

better pull them suckers out if you want anything better than that go get the ecsd clone . keep in mind its a lower branch not really ready . i,ll throw some pics of the tops up in a week or so . there actually rather impressive .

bashing hso is not so much about what there seed produces more what people read about them and the location and using the humbolt name . imho

Last edited:

Mystic Funk

did the Amherst have that sour diesel taste and smell?

thanks for the info DJ.

Mystic Funk

still growing nice! no yellowing. feeding them with plain water.
at this point I don't see different phenos. maybe a little in the leafs. but they all seem to be growing the same.
mostly indica looking.

Anyone have a mostly sativa phenotype Amherst sour diesel?

IlL be watching this.
Amherst,ny that were this var? Comes from? I'll post some pics of my gorilla panic from devil weed seeds. They are around day 45-50. I have 2 original gorillas ak47x ecsd flowering and 6 fighting Buddha x gorilla. The crosses are huge. The hybrid vigor of an f1 is one of the coolest things about making a cross sometimes. They need to be outdoors the stretch was almost too much.

Mystic Funk

I was wondering where the name came from. I guess then Amherst went out to the west coast that's where HSO got it?
who knows?

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
I was wondering where the name came from. I guess then Amherst went out to the west coast that's where HSO got it?
who knows?

Amherst is the town in Massachusetts that the East Coast Sour Diesel clone originated in the whole Chemdog saga.

This is why the name alludes to it being an ECSD S1.

PittyMick that plant is nice, it looks very much like the ECSD clone, honestly it is the best most ECSD plant from this strain I have seen. I have not seen any ECSD looking plants from this strain until now and have looked far and wide here on the internet, that is the reason for the bash.

My main issue with HSO and companies just like them is A they just pick up clones and half assedly breed them then name them after the orignal clones, which just kind of muddies the waters when seeking out real authentic clones.

My other gripe is they are generally very misleading and confusing when it comes to the exact lineage of their strains. I am one of those growers that wants to know exactly what I am buying and growing like if its an S1 or a hybrid etc..

Your pictures look good enough for me to grow, I've got about 10 freebies of these they look like they're worth a run.

Are you getting sour diesel smells and taste from that plant?

B

BAKED_BEANZ

i have to be honest i ran at least 10 of each of there diesel offerings . pretty sure its just the same seed . but i have to say they all mostly looked like the one i took a pic off . the plant in the pic is actually a seed i didn't plant at the time i ran the others from same batch .
as i said there not my go to gear by any means . i just wanted to try them . i want to run some s1 of the real deal if i can get my hands on them . but don't seem to be around as people obviously can get the clone i guess .

i want to grow as many s1 of anything decent as i never will have access to clones . but i, rather get them from a private person in the know that made there own . as you say you don't really know what they used .
picture.php

this is couple weeks before the chop . its actually getting trimmed right now . if i can be bothered later i can post dry nug shots i guess :)

Mystic Funk

Here they are 3 weeks flower.

Had a small deficiency first week of 12/12. Fed them a little more nutes and they seem to be getting better.