What's new

What to do about a nosy neighbour?

So a new neighbour has moved in next door, this woman who lives by herself as far as I can tell.

I like to leave the door open to get fresh air, or to cool the place down, but I know from her place she can see into my house if I leave the door open.

I keep catching her at her windows looking into my place, in fact tonight I went to put something in the trash can outside and as I walked out the door I saw her at her window looking into my house.
When she saw me she quickly moved away from the window, but I could see out of the corner of my eye she was still watching me.

I am wondering if she suspects my hobby.
I don't think I have really done anything to tip her off; but maybe she has seen something to make her suspect.
She seems to be spending a great deal of time watching me.

I'm just wondering what to do about this.
I could keep the door closed all the time and maybe if she didn't seem me for a while she would forget about me and give up her surveillance, but then I would not get any breeze blowing through the house.

This is un-nerving me, not knowing if she has seen something or not.
It is possible she has seen me carrying pots around or something that has made her suspect I may be growing.

At first I thought she was just curious about who was living next door, but this has been going on for a while and she is paying too much attention to my business.

She has just turned the lights out but I bet she's there in the dark watching me.

I mean I don't really care if she watches me pottering around the house, I'm just worried she has seen something that has made her suspicious of my hobby.

ronbo51

Veteran
Next chance you get go over and introduce yourself, " howdy neighbor...". Don't be a paranoid tweaker. Be a regular person.

Next chance you get go over and introduce yourself, " howdy neighbor...". Don't be a paranoid tweaker. Be a regular person.

No, that would mean going and knocking on her door.
There is a fence between us, but it's higher than a person, so no chance of accidentally running into her and talking over the fence.

superx

Veteran
Walk around your house bollox naked,

That should put a end to her curiousness..

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Observation is a two way street...

You would never know your neighbor was WATCHING YOU unless you were WATCHING your neighbor.

Who's really watching who here?

Situational awareness is a good thing until it's turned into paranoia.

rolandomota

Veteran
I fucking hate nosy people especially if they're trying to be a "good Samaritan" I say wave at her when she's looking through the window or just knowingly stare at her when she's peeking and be careful with what you do. It is possible that she smokes or is smelling weed when she's downwind but if she never says high then most likely she's a rat neighbor. So since she's hiding and peeking most likely she's "neighborhood watching" so be careful. Its getting cold now so no need for breezes

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Ring her doorbell with a bible in your hand start preaching the word of the lord... Invite her to that Jesus appreciation society meeting that you host every Tuesday...

If you don't want to do it face to face, then slip some religious type pamphlets into her mailbox with a beautifully worded written invitation!

Turn on the Jehovah witness type stuff big time!!

She will quickly start spying on her other neighbors and avoid you like the plague!

kaochiu

Veteran
Ring her doorbell with a bible in your hand start preaching the word of the lord... Invite her to that Jesus appreciation society meeting that you host every Tuesday...

If you don't want to do it face to face, then slip some religious type pamphlets into her mailbox with a beautifully worded written invitation!

Turn on the Jehovah witness type stuff big time!!

She will quickly start spying on her other neighbors and avoid you like the plague!

Yeah but.. what about if she lets him in? Also, being next door neighbour, he has to carry on pretending for a long time. And maybe she could think "oh, my nice marijuana grower neighbour is a religious freak, i'll call the cops".
Easiest is to befriend her. "Hey, neighbour middle aged lady, if you ever need any help because you live alone, call us. Not for sex, eh!"

Dr.gnome

What about the other side.... girls new maybe all she wants is a Doobie !! Your never going to know unless you break the ice ..

Green Squall

I would just say hello and welcome her to the neighborhood. If you don't want to do that then just plant some strategically placed trees or shrubs.

Dankwolf

I would do this if really needed .

I would do this if really needed .

if any thing walk around block or what ever it takes and ask if she has seen your cat (cats kind of do there own thing so should not raise any suspicions). Ether way go about your buisness and dont be obvious / paranoid. Or comfront the situation . as far as door being open why not just open a window instead . At least you could get a better feel for who she is and what shes about if you introduce your self .

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybe she is just very lonely and wanting some kind of contact?,,,
just a simple wave or a " good morning" can often work wonders with neighbours especially the older ones,,,,,
a small act of kindness can go a long..long way,,,,,,s2

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Bamboo is always good if you're trying to block a view. I don't ever try and talk to my neighbors. The most I'll do is wave if they're looking at me. The last thing I want is them coming over to ask me for anything. I would never smoke with them, especially if I was in a state where it's not legal. If you're growing there is zero reason to leave the door open ever. I would get a window AC if it's hot or one of those window fans that works on a thermostat.

Some people have nothing but time. Just do you, keep things quiet, and act normal.

corky1968

Veteran
She works for the NSA or CIA and that's what those people do. Watch everybody that is.

Just kidding. :laughing:

Either go over and introduce yourself or ignore her.

Constant spy vs spy eye contact stuff will eventually lead to problems.

Maybe, at night drop off a sex toy at her door and leave a note that says: "Use this I'm not available". LOLZ

Latest posts

Latest posts