What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mountain size "FACE" becoming uncovered/Antarctica

therevverend

Veteran
So is it a hoax or is there really a face or what?
It's the same as the other face hoaxes, it's a mirage created by light and shadow. You can see the sun hitting the snow on the left side. The right side of the image is shaded and the mouth, nose and eyes are completely in shadow. If you took a picture a couple hours earlier or later it would look like a mountain and a pile of snow.

Human brains are wired to see faces in all sorts of stuff. It's why Jesus appears on tortillas, and why there's a man on the moon. It's called Pareidolia, here's a link to the wiki page about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

I made fun of the pyramids of Antarctica but they really do look like pyramids. You can see them anywhere there's mountains buried in snow. They're called nunataks, mountains that protrude from snow fields or glaciers. Here's another wiki article link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nunatak

The snow can't pile up on the top because the angles are too steep. This creates sharp angles between the rock and snow that look artificial and man-made. There's similar pyramid shaped peaks all over the world, here's a link to one in Bulgaria that's got a convincing pyramid type shape.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramidal_peak#/media/File:Konceto_and_Vichren.jpg

They're not rare, you find them anywhere there's wind and ice causing erosion. The Matterhorn is a famous one.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
The aliens don't make faces very well. They don't make pyramids very well either. For all their advanced technology and telepathic rock stacking powers they can't make a skyscraper or a glass window or electric wires or anything else useful. Just big piles of rocks. You'd almost think that rather then being super advanced interdimensional traveling enlightened space beings they're actually stone age humans making big piles of stone. But we know it's a scientific fact the only humans who have the intelligence and sophistication to pull off advanced rock-stacking engineering are white. Which means the Mexicans or Africans or Easter Islanders couldn't do it. Unless they're Antarcticans making pyramids and giant faces under thousands of feet of snow. Because why not make a giant face under thousands of feet of snow at the South Pole?

Around here you can't leave a building abandoned for a few weeks before someone steals the wiring and plumbing. What do you think the pyramids or some of these other ancient sites may have looked like 12000 years ago. How many buildings constructed in the last 1000 years will still be here 12000 years from now.

Not saying I know anything about the subject. Just that neither do the rest of us.

therevverend

Veteran
The pyramids are quite a bit younger then 12,000 years, I think because it's used by the Alien People who believe the Sphinx is 12,000 years old. Not sure how they got that number. The Egyptians were hunter-gatherers until around 8000 years ago. That's when the region turned to desert and people had to migrate to the rivers. Before that people were spread out and there were lots of animals to hunt. 8000 years ago is when towns and villages started to pop up.

The problem with dating the Sphinx earlier is that there weren't villages of people there to build it. This is known because the Giza plateau has been dug up from one end to another. The villages and cities of the people that built the monuments are all there, their empty beer flasks, their shit holes, it's got to be one of the most excavated spots in the world.

Around here you can't leave a building abandoned for a few weeks before someone steals the wiring and plumbing. What do you think the pyramids or some of these other ancient sites may have looked like 12000 years ago. How many buildings constructed in the last 1000 years will still be here 12000 years from now.

You can remove the wires but there's still holes where the wires went. You can take out the shitters and plumbing but you can still find the sewers after thousands of years. There aren't any in the pyramids. It's solid stone. A gigantic rock pile. As the Egyptians learned better building techniques, better engineering skills, they stopped building pyramids and started constructing the really interesting stuff. The obelisks, huge temples, advanced medicine and art, and the rest. Balancing huge stones on top of other huge stones. They'd build a mini-pyramid to drag a huge multi-ton stone to balance it on top of another. Then remove the big pile of sand and rock and you've got a huge obelisk.

A bit on the controversy over the Sphinx dating. There's weathering, erosion, on parts of the Sphinx that seem to be greater then you'd expect to find. Which is why the Ancient Alien people claim it's very old. The problem is how do you estimate erosion rates? How fast will wind and sand erode rock? Weather changes over time. Maybe it rained more, maybe the wind blew harder, it's all dubious. All to argue over what. The Sphinx is a few thousand years older then the 'experts' think. Not sure it really proves or disproves much.

The roots of the ancient alien/Atlantis/Mu New Age stuff is theosophy which was a religion invented in the 1850-1940 period before science had dating down. In that period theosophy was cutting edge science, for religion, and 12,000 was a decent estimate. Over time as archeology and science has pulled away and theosophy has moved from a live, breathing religion with living prophets to a dead dogma type religion it's dates and ideas have been set in stone. The original thinkers set 12,000 years because it was a good guesstimate. The true believers now believe it's a good date because it's what's in the books. It can't change.

When I was a kid reading the Von Daiken books this stuff was a lot more compelling. Looking at the fuzzy black and white photos and mysterious structures covered in vines on a mountain in the Andes. And reading his text which is a mixture of fictional bullshit and real world mystery. Now you can see perfect color digital pictures of the same place with tourists posing and a guy selling t shirts in the background. You can see that it's just a pile of rocks that didn't take laser beams to cut or levitation to stack. Every now and then some archeologist guy will give a bunch of dudes free beer, get some ropes and levers and pullies, and drag around similar size rocks and stack them. Or use sand and sticks and sharp rocks to show how easy cutting the sandstone used to make the stuff really is. If you aren't a fat lazy 21st century man sitting on the sofa watching the Discovery Channel.

Our science has advanced to the point where this stone age stuff looks simple. Which makes me suspicious of where our advanced science comes from when only a few thousand years ago we were piling rocks..

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
picture.php

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor

Not saying I know anything about the subject. Just that neither do the rest of us.

Despite all the elaborate chambers and mechanisms they built into the pyramids, most were still robbed. Tut's tomb was a fluke.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
next thing you guys are gonna try to say is that the earth is older than seven thousand years old and we came from babboons or squirrel monkeys or some shit and we've been to the moon which is round like the earth... well HOGWASH and shenanigans i tell ya

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
The face is clearly there for all to see, but if you still your mind you can almost make out what it's trying to say!;)

Chi13

ICMag Donor
It's the same as the other face hoaxes, it's a mirage created by light and shadow. You can see the sun hitting the snow on the left side. The right side of the image is shaded and the mouth, nose and eyes are completely in shadow. If you took a picture a couple hours earlier or later it would look like a mountain and a pile of snow.

Human brains are wired to see faces in all sorts of stuff. It's why Jesus appears on tortillas, and why there's a man on the moon. It's called Pareidolia, here's a link to the wiki page about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

I made fun of the pyramids of Antarctica but they really do look like pyramids. You can see them anywhere there's mountains buried in snow. They're called nunataks, mountains that protrude from snow fields or glaciers. Here's another wiki article link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nunatak

The snow can't pile up on the top because the angles are too steep. This creates sharp angles between the rock and snow that look artificial and man-made. There's similar pyramid shaped peaks all over the world, here's a link to one in Bulgaria that's got a convincing pyramid type shape.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramidal_peak#/media/File:Konceto_and_Vichren.jpg

They're not rare, you find them anywhere there's wind and ice causing erosion. The Matterhorn is a famous one.
Yep, this. The one I remember most was the Jesus image on toast. I still find it amusing years later.
https://www.livescience.com/45414-brain-face-pareidolia.html

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Do NOT try to discount any fucking material I post on here.
I do it to share knowledge. If you pick it up, super-duper.
I have come to the conclusion that there are a lot of assholes here sitting behind computers.
You smoke the worst shit in the world and think it is great.
My message for you DOUBTERS...........Getta fucked.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
It's a forum. If you post outlandish claims, then you have to expect that people will take issue with that.
If I see idiotic posts I am going to comment.

Latest posts

Latest posts