What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

little micro winter

paisajedehierba

This winter outside is no real winter in my area. But enough winter to grow some plants inside.
I want to go on preparing automatic strains for future guerilla action. After a few failed attemps with stitch superautos (crossed with GT and Zam) in F2 Generation (because of hermaphroditism) I want to retry it with Auto Zam. There are two directions I Focus on:
The first direction of breeding regarding the effects is … clean, no or less sealing, uplifting/energetic, functional, perhaps slightly trippy.
The second direction is more dense and trippy, overwhelming and slightly narcotic at the end.
The devolopment of an Auto hashplant line could be the next step with a different auto line.

Currently one Zamaldelica and one ZamBliss (Micro LST style) are thriving in my cupboard 1 in the cellar room. I found no male inbetween 10 seeds Zamaldelica seedlings. So I have choosen one female to go on. Somewhere here on IC I have read "there is no boring Zam pheno". Let`s have look.
In same cupboard are thriving 8 Zamaldelica (Zam/Thai phenos) x Etiope from ACE R&D and 2 GT (second version). These plants are seedlings in small pots up to date. It seems like that two of the Zam x Eti are fortunately males. The two GT are not yet in preflower state. The pollen that I hopefully collect is dedicated for polination of an Auto Zam in Cupboard 2.
Zam x Etiope is a cross partner for direction one (cleaner, energetic, functional…). GT I consider adequate for the overwhelming trippy direction.

The Micro winter consists also in two Zam x Eti females, that I will seleced from the remaining non males soon. I guess I have found two phenos. Pheno one has slightly broader leafes and a smell from stem rub that is somewhat fruity and a little bit oily. The second pheno has thinner leafes from beginning and slightly bitter citrusy smell from stem rub.

Feel free to contribut your thoughts to this litte winter grow. Or Feel free to only read the lines written here and reflect for your self although the pictures uploaded.

I will upload some pictures from Status quo soon.

I wish you all Merry Christmas and happy new year 2020 with enough health and perhaps some plants thriving:).

paisajedehierba

Zam_ZamBliss

Zam_ZamBliss

Both are fine in cupboard 1. The first steps of their life were in too fat earth. Therefore burned leafe tips. There current 9 Liter pots are filled with earth for seedlings containing much less nutrients. I only use substrates without Turf. Up to date they didn´t received extra nutrients. Only water. 11 hours light, 13 hours dark. The Lights are CFL, that don´t penetrate that deep between the leafes. But a distance of only 5cm to 10 cm to the tips is possible. Right for a micro ride:)

Attachments

• Dec-23-2019_Zamaldelica left_Zamal Bliss right_both 9 to 10 weeks in flower.jpg
    Dec-23-2019_Zamaldelica left_Zamal Bliss right_both 9 to 10 weeks in flower.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Dec-25-2019_Zamaldelica.jpg
    Dec-25-2019_Zamaldelica.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Dec-25-2019_Zamaldelica_9,5 weeks flowering1.jpg
    Dec-25-2019_Zamaldelica_9,5 weeks flowering1.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Dec-25-2019_Zamaldelica_9,5 weeks flowering2.jpg
    Dec-25-2019_Zamaldelica_9,5 weeks flowering2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Dec-25-2019_ZamBliss_9,5  weeks flowering.jpg
    Dec-25-2019_ZamBliss_9,5 weeks flowering.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Dec-25_ZamBlilss_9,5 weeks flowering2.jpg
    Dec-25_ZamBlilss_9,5 weeks flowering2.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 26

paisajedehierba

Zam x Eti GT Auto Zam

Zam x Eti GT Auto Zam

Zam x Eti is faster showing sex. I thought i have to males. Yesterday I regocnized that one plant shows male and female flowers on the same branch. Im not going on with this plant. The two phenos I have found are visible in one of the pictures side by side. Zam x Eti is much better branched than GT.

GT still don´t shows precise signs of sex and grows surprisingly +/-columnar during this first few weeks of life. But I guess I have also two phenos. The one plant is shorter and shows red leafe stems. The other is much larger and completly green.

Auto Zamaldelica F3 is the second plant of this line in my cupboard 2. The first one I harvested one day 82. Up to date I have not smoked a sample of her.

Attachments

• Dec-25-2019_GT_larger pheno_no red leafe stems_perhaps more Thai influence.jpg
    Dec-25-2019_GT_larger pheno_no red leafe stems_perhaps more Thai influence.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Dec-25-2019_Zam x Eti_two phenos2.jpg
    Dec-25-2019_Zam x Eti_two phenos2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Dec-25-2019_Zam x Eti_two phenos.jpg
    Dec-25-2019_Zam x Eti_two phenos.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Dec-25-2019_cupboard 1.jpg
    Dec-25-2019_cupboard 1.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Dec-19-2019_8x Zam x Eti_2x GT_looking for males.jpg
    Dec-19-2019_8x Zam x Eti_2x GT_looking for males.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Dec-25-2019_AutoZam_day 35 from seed_day 8 flowering.jpg
    Dec-25-2019_AutoZam_day 35 from seed_day 8 flowering.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Dec-23_2019_Auto Zamaldelica F3.jpg
    Dec-23_2019_Auto Zamaldelica F3.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Dec-25-2019_GT_no preflowers_red leafe stems_perhaps more Malawi influence.jpg
    Dec-25-2019_GT_no preflowers_red leafe stems_perhaps more Malawi influence.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 25

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi paisajedehierba!

Thanks for starting new thread with your new indoor grow and project :)

Zamaldelica regular and Zamaldelica x Ethiopian are great choices for your goal of achieving a seedline of uplifting/energetic non ceiling effects, Golden Tiger is an excellent choice for the most trippy/narcotic effects. It's a pitty that you are not finding more males for the project, both Zamaldelica regular and Ethiopian regular crosses usually have very high female ratio, maybe you can consider to reserve a selected female for a fem project in case you find a really remarkable female that can produce an interesting path to follow.

Wish you are already enjoying your well deserved cured flowers from 2019 outdoor season ;) Hope 2020 also brings you great plants, and great and positive things in your personal life as well.

paisajedehierba

Hi paisajedehierba!

Thanks for starting new thread with your new indoor grow and project :)

Zamaldelica regular and Zamaldelica x Ethiopian are great choices for your goal of achieving a seedline of uplifting/energetic non ceiling effects, Golden Tiger is an excellent choice for the most trippy/narcotic effects. It's a pitty that you are not finding more males for the project, both Zamaldelica regular and Ethiopian regular crosses usually have very high female ratio, maybe you can consider to reserve a selected female for a fem project in case you find a really remarkable female that can produce an interesting path to follow.

Wish you are already enjoying your well deserved cured flowers from 2019 outdoor season ;) Hope 2020 also brings you great plants, and great and positive things in your personal life as well.

Thanks for your feed back Dubi:)
I have harvested pollen:woohoo:. No need to reverse a female. I`ve pollinated a few branches of Auto Zam.
Here are some pictures from the last days.
The outdoor harvest is already two month in the jars. I´m enjoying Zamal Bliss the most so far. It´s sooo energetic and clean at the end. Smoking more is super, and challenging at the same time. Out in the forest with companions that don´t know the place you have to be not too crazy and aware of the orientation.

Attachments

• Jan-05-2020_Zam x Ethi male_at first broader leafes_stem rub smell fruity-oily_perhaps Zam leani.jpg
    Jan-05-2020_Zam x Ethi male_at first broader leafes_stem rub smell fruity-oily_perhaps Zam leani.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Jan-05-2020_Zam x Ethi pollen.jpg
    Jan-05-2020_Zam x Ethi pollen.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Jan-05-2020_Zam x Ethi 1_fruity-oily stem rub pheno_main shot pruned few days ago.jpg
    Jan-05-2020_Zam x Ethi 1_fruity-oily stem rub pheno_main shot pruned few days ago.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Jan-02-2020_Zamaldelica 11 weeks in flower.jpg
    Jan-02-2020_Zamaldelica 11 weeks in flower.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Jan-02-2020_Zamaldelica lower buds 11 weeks flowering.jpg
    Jan-02-2020_Zamaldelica lower buds 11 weeks flowering.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 26
  • Jan-05-2020_Zam x Ethi 2_bitter citric stem rub smell_main shot pruned a few days ago.jpg
    Jan-05-2020_Zam x Ethi 2_bitter citric stem rub smell_main shot pruned a few days ago.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

paisajedehierba

01-25-2020

01-25-2020

We are in week 4 of flowering of Zamaladelica x Ethiope. Zam x Ethi 1 shows a more rapid flower development and first resins. The stem rub smell at the moment is slightly sweet and citrussy. I think this is more Zamaldelica leaning pheno. Zam x Ethi 2 shows longer internodes, less rapid flower development and almost no resin up to date. The flower structure is more wispy. The stem rub smell is adstringend and somewhat like grapefruit at the moment. They are both healthy, thriving virgorously :) … and are not as hungry as
...Auto Zamaldelica. After polinating two flower branches the older leafes of the whole plant have yellowed rapidly. It seemed like she was eating her self:frown:. At first I gave her liquid organic fertilizer (NPK 3-2-7). This was not enough. She was root bounded. Now she has a much larger pot (13 liter) and she is recovering step by step. The episperm of the seeds has a pale and yellow look. Let´s see if the F1 generation Auto Zam x (Zam x Ethi) will be healthy.
Zamaldelica female is round about in week 14 of flowering. She received some pollen from Zam x Ethi male. She´s will be ready to harvest in a few days. She´s a resinous lady. The smell is not easy to describe. I would say it is intense and spicy, slighty hashy and perhaps slighty fruity. I am looking forward to a decent Zam smoke after a proper cure:biggrin:. This will be my second Zam harvest. The first was 2017.

Attachments

• 01-24-2020_Zam x Ethi 2_a third flower coming out of leafe stem base.jpg
    01-24-2020_Zam x Ethi 2_a third flower coming out of leafe stem base.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 01-25-2020_Zam x Ehti_pheno 2_structure of young flower.jpg
    01-25-2020_Zam x Ehti_pheno 2_structure of young flower.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 01-25-2020_Zam x Ethi 1_structure of young flower.jpg
    01-25-2020_Zam x Ethi 1_structure of young flower.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 27
  • 01-25-2020_Zam x Ethi 2_pheno with thinner leafes.jpg
    01-25-2020_Zam x Ethi 2_pheno with thinner leafes.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 01-25-2020_Zam x Ethi_pheno 1 left _ pheno 2 right.jpg
    01-25-2020_Zam x Ethi_pheno 1 left _ pheno 2 right.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 01-25-2020_Zam_ a few days before harvest.jpg
    01-25-2020_Zam_ a few days before harvest.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 01-24_2020_Auto Zam_after routbound now in bigger pot_she had more hunger than her sister antes_.jpg
    01-24_2020_Auto Zam_after routbound now in bigger pot_she had more hunger than her sister antes_.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 01-25-2020_Auto Zam_flower detail.jpg
    01-25-2020_Auto Zam_flower detail.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 25

paisajedehierba

02-08-2020 Zam x Ethi_Zam_Kerala Gold_Auto Zam

02-08-2020 Zam x Ethi_Zam_Kerala Gold_Auto Zam

Zam x Ethi 1 + 2 are fine:) They are both not that demanding in terms of nutrients. I have given them 2x a quarter dosage of my organic liquid fertilizer. A few older fan leafes are turning slightly yellow these days. The most leafes are dark green. The smell appears immediately after soft rubbing the flowers and linger a few moments on the fingers. It´s a very pleasant smell not unlike the stem rub smell. Spicy, slightly sweet and citrussy Zam x Ethi 1. Herb citrussy Zam x Ethi 2. Zam x Ethi 1 is still more resinous. Only the stretch phase is over and +/- 2 month to go. Enough time to accumulate more and more resin and terpens. Zam Ethi 2 shows longer Filaments, a more filigreed flower architecture and slightly lighter green leafes. I am pleased every time I open the cupboard and have a look at them.
I am also pleased because of the 15 weeks flowering Zamaldelcia. I have toped the most branches and harvest the flowers a little longer than one week ago. An early charge (80-90% brown filaments) of 35g dry weed. I smoked a little Zam cigarette containing 0,2 g of this early Zam weed and it was very good. Three very pleasant stimulated hours on a Friday night after a long week with not enough sleep:biggrin:. The rest of the Zam plant (with the lower buds) is ripening. I want have really ripe seeds from the pollination with Zam x Ethi. These Zam ladie will thrive another week. The smell of this mature Zam ladie is of course more intense than Zam x Ethi´s smell. It´s musky, spicy-sweet.
There are also two new room mates next to the mentioned three females:). Two siblings of Kerala Gold have come to light a few days ago. I hope they will show me the way how to handle a “16-20 weeker” in my small cupboard. It´s a test. If I find a non hermie female in this P1 generation I will give her some Zam x Ethi pollen once in flower. If I find both, non hermie male and female, I will cross them to get a P2 of this promising strain. If there are only non hermie males I will find another cross partner. I would be very happy implementing Kerala Gold in an auto flowering line following the clean energetic/uplifting and slightly trippy path. A perhaps to bold adventure.
A more definite project is the cross Auto Zam x (Zam x Ethi). The seeds will be ripe soon and the step from F1 to F2 is booked. Auto Zam (in a seperate cupboard) is doing better then two weeks ago. The seeds are ripening. But her look is tousled. There are deeper green areas with younger leafes next to areas with very pale green older leafes. Many of the older leafes are showing dead tips. Despite the look the smell is intense, the resin production increases and the buds are fattening up. Auto Zam is very forgiving. I guess there are +/- three weeks to go.
:tiphat:

Attachments

• 02-08-2020_Zam x Ethi 2_week 6 in flower.jpg
    02-08-2020_Zam x Ethi 2_week 6 in flower.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 02-08-2020_Zam x Ethi 2.jpg
    02-08-2020_Zam x Ethi 2.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 27
  • 02_08_2020_Zam x Ethi 1_flower detail.jpg
    02_08_2020_Zam x Ethi 1_flower detail.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 02-08-2020_Zam x Ethi 1_week 6 in flower.jpg
    02-08-2020_Zam x Ethi 1_week 6 in flower.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 02-08-2020_Zam x Ethi 1.jpg
    02-08-2020_Zam x Ethi 1.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 02-08-2020_Auto Zam_recovering but looking plucked.jpg
    02-08-2020_Auto Zam_recovering but looking plucked.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 02-08-2020_2x Kerala Gold_backround flower of Zam x Ethi 1.jpg
    02-08-2020_2x Kerala Gold_backround flower of Zam x Ethi 1.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 02-08-2020_Zamaldelica_week 15_almost ripe seed in mothers shoot.jpg
    02-08-2020_Zamaldelica_week 15_almost ripe seed in mothers shoot.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 02-08-2020_Zam x Ethi 2_flower detail.jpg
    02-08-2020_Zam x Ethi 2_flower detail.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 23

paisajedehierba

02-20-2020

02-20-2020

Zam x Ethi 1 and 2 week 8. Smell is changing. Zam x Ethi 1 spicy sligthly citrussy, Zam x Ethi 2 bitter almond slightly citrussy. I am really happy with these two phenos. I am curious about the differences regarding the trippiness, kindness and the uplifting qualities.
AutoZam needs longer than her sister in early winter that needed all in all 82 days. I not sure exactly but now we are +/- at day 65 and there are almost no brown filaments. The smell is musky, spicy. I have harvested the first seed (Auto Zam x (Zam x Ethi).… it seems to be ripe:).
Zamaldelica standart was harvested at 16 and half weeks.
Kerala receives 11 hours light and 13 hours darkness since the first day, sharing the cupboard with Zam x Ethi 1 and 2.
Zamal Bliss x ZamHT is a newbie in cupboard 2. It´s a 2019 outdoor cross. ZamHT is (Muay Thai x Aurora Indica) x Zamaldelica standart. The father ZamHT was autoflowering. Zamal Bliss is semi auto flowering. HT means "Hash Thai" because it´s a cross between a Auto Thai and a Afghan dominant hash plant.

Attachments

• 02-20-2020_Zam x Ethi 1_whole plant.jpg
    02-20-2020_Zam x Ethi 1_whole plant.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 02-20-2020_Zam x Ethi 1_1.jpg
    02-20-2020_Zam x Ethi 1_1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 02-20-2020_Zam x Ethi 2_1.jpg
    02-20-2020_Zam x Ethi 2_1.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 02-20-2020_Zam x Ethi 1 (right) and Zam x Ethi 2 (left) flower structure.jpg
    02-20-2020_Zam x Ethi 1 (right) and Zam x Ethi 2 (left) flower structure.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 02-20-2020_ZamBl x ZamHT_8 days old.jpg
    02-20-2020_ZamBl x ZamHT_8 days old.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 02-20-2020_Kerala Gold_11_13 hours light_dark since first day.jpg
    02-20-2020_Kerala Gold_11_13 hours light_dark since first day.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 02-20-2020_Auto Zam_flower.jpg
    02-20-2020_Auto Zam_flower.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 02-20-2020_Zam x Ethi 2_flower detail.jpg
    02-20-2020_Zam x Ethi 2_flower detail.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 21
  • 02-20-2020_Zam x Ethi 1_flower detail.jpg
    02-20-2020_Zam x Ethi 1_flower detail.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 28

paisajedehierba

03-10-2020

03-10-2020

Zam x Ethi progresses flowering. Week 11. Zam x Ethi 1 has developed rock hard buds. A feature that I didn´t expected:biggrin:. The smell has lost the citric components and is floral, specifically fresh and somewhat like fabric softener. Zam x Ethi 2 shows bananas if I am right. What do you think? I hope that the male flowers are not fertile. Up to date I can´t recognize new seed development. The smell is “darker” and more spicy. Zam x Ethi 1 is ripening evenly. Zam x Ethi 2 shows both, almost mature and also not mature flower branches (+/- two or three weeks to go).
Kerala Gold is perhaps the plant with thinnest leaves I had the pleasure to see growing Indoors at home:). The larger one is for sure female and seems to mature a little bit faster than her slighty shorter sibling. The second one seems to be also female regarding the first signs of preflowers (primordia). I have to decide what´s fits better my needs, because I have not enough indoor space: faster maturing and large or slower and not that large (shorter internodial distance). I hope that the Zam x Ethi pollen I have saved in the fridge is still alive to make a really strong uplifting cross. There´s no other pollen available at the moment. Sadly I have no more Kerala Gold seeds to make a P2 cross.
Auto Zam is on the finishing straight. The smell is intense, sweet, spicy and fruity. The buds are hard … perhaps not rock hard like Zam x Ethi 1. I guess she will need two weeks more than her sister before. I hope that’s a sign for great sativa influence effect wise.
Until yesterday I had 4 Individuals of ZamBl x ZamHT. I culled the one that seemed to be full autoflowering because of hermie flowers. The second out of those for plants is semiautoflowering and up to date a female. The other two are photoperiodic dependent. Their new home is cupboard 1 next to Kerala Gold and Zam x Ethi. They thrive with broader leaves the first weeks.

Attachments

• 03-10-2020_Zam x Ethi 2_hermaphroditism.jpg
    03-10-2020_Zam x Ethi 2_hermaphroditism.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 03-10-2020_Zam x Ethi 1_flower detail.jpg
    03-10-2020_Zam x Ethi 1_flower detail.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 03-10-2020_Zam x Ethi 2_flower.jpg
    03-10-2020_Zam x Ethi 2_flower.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 24
  • 03-10-2020_Zam x Ethi 1_flower.jpg
    03-10-2020_Zam x Ethi 1_flower.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 03-10-20202_cupboard 1.jpg
    03-10-20202_cupboard 1.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 03-10-20_Zam x Ethi_1_whole plant.jpg
    03-10-20_Zam x Ethi_1_whole plant.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 03-10-2020_ZamBl x ZamHT_3 from 4 left_cupboard 2.jpg
    03-10-2020_ZamBl x ZamHT_3 from 4 left_cupboard 2.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 03-10-2020_Auto Zam_day 84_flower.jpg
    03-10-2020_Auto Zam_day 84_flower.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 03-10-2020_Auto Zam_day 84 from seed.jpg
    03-10-2020_Auto Zam_day 84 from seed.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 03-10-2020_Kerala Gold_up to date female.jpg
    03-10-2020_Kerala Gold_up to date female.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 24

The Hatter

Veteran
Beautiful micro grow. I can't believe how well you tamed these tropical sativas. It really makes me realize how much more I have to learn when I end up light burning tamer strains with nearly twice the head room. The Zam x Ethi looks really special.

I need to be less of a coward when it comes to growing tropical sativas indoors.

paisajedehierba

Beautiful micro grow. I can't believe how well you tamed these tropical sativas. It really makes me realize how much more I have to learn when I end up light burning tamer strains with nearly twice the head room. The Zam x Ethi looks really special.

I need to be less of a coward when it comes to growing tropical sativas indoors.

Hi Hatter,
I have only pruned the plants one time (cutting three or four nodes from the main shot) and then bend them down. Bigger pots only when the babies are crying loude for more root space at near the end of stretch phase. My issues with heat from the light is perhaps less grave because I use CFL lights with 2x 55 W three times in cupboard 1 and two times in cupbourd two. 5-10cm distance to the tips of the plant are ok. But I guess CFL don´t fit the needs of many growers.:tiphat:

Last edited:

The Hatter

Veteran
Hi Hatter,
I have only pruned the plants one time (cutting three or four nodes from the main shot) and then bend them down. Bigger pots only when the babies are crying loude for more root space at near the end of stretch phase. My issues with heat from the light is perhaps less grave because I use CFL lights with 2x 55 W three times in cupboard 1 and two times in cupbourd two. 5-10cm distance to the tips of the plant are ok. But I guess CFL don´t fit the needs of many growers.:tiphat:

The most impressive thing in my opinion is keeping them healthy while root bound. Whenever my plants become root bound the PH in my soil goes nuts and serious deficiencies start showing up. Do you heavily mineralize your soil?

paisajedehierba

The most impressive thing in my opinion is keeping them healthy while root bound. Whenever my plants become root bound the PH in my soil goes nuts and serious deficiencies start showing up. Do you heavily mineralize your soil?

… it´s easier keeping the less nutrient demanding Sativa strains healthy. Zamaldelica standart, Zamal Bliss and Zamaldelica (Zamal/Thai phenos) x Ethiope have reacted +/- good to my treatment. Auto Zam is more demanding and has suffered much more than the other strains above mentioned.

I use a soilmix from the local agriculture shop with moderate amounts in NPK, PH 5,5-6,0 based on waste from arboriculture and landscaping. There is a juncture round about one week or ten days before using much bigger pots when (after light flip) the plants are stretching and showing first signs of deficiency (that´s "crying loud enough"). At this point I apply one time organic fertilzier (black molasses, NPK 3-2-6, dosage 1/4 - 1/2 depending on treated strain). This stuff realeses the main nutrients continuously over +/- one week with perhaps smaller impact on PH. I think I also have luck with water quality from tap (PH 6,2 containing good amount of Mg and Ca, little Cl).

What I have to improve is the treatment of more demanding strains going micro style. :tiphat:

Last edited:

paisajedehierba

What happend the last few weeks?
ZamBl x ZamHT: I decided to finish this chapter indoors at the moment. I need the cupboard space and there are hundreds of seeds left.
Zam x Ethi 1+2: both harvested!:biggrin:
Kerala Gold: flowering week 6. I decided to go on with the one with longer internodes and faster flower development. After pruning the main shot the stretch has decreased. Because of the yellowing of some of the older leafes I have given her a small dose of organic fertilizer. That caused slightly burned tips. Now she has a bigger pot.
Auto Zam F3 x (Zam x Ethi) … AZZE: 12 germlings are thriving. I want to select different phenos, but the young plants all look quite similar up to date. Let´s have a look if different stem rub smells will arise. I want to produce F2 seeds. Goal for the second half of the outdoor season 2020: finding auto male and female for an autumnal F2 auto harvest. Will AZZE be cold resistant enough? Will the flowering time be longer than 8-9 weeks?

Attachments

• 1_03-25-2020_Zam x Ethi 1_Kerala Gold_Generation change in cupboard 1.jpg
    1_03-25-2020_Zam x Ethi 1_Kerala Gold_Generation change in cupboard 1.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 2_03-24-2020_Zam x Ethi 2 flower one day before harvest.jpg
    2_03-24-2020_Zam x Ethi 2 flower one day before harvest.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 3_03-25.2020_Zam x Ethi 1_example for  not full ripe bud.jpg
    3_03-25.2020_Zam x Ethi 1_example for not full ripe bud.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 4_03-25_2020_Zam x Ethi 1 fresh not dry harvest.jpg
    4_03-25_2020_Zam x Ethi 1 fresh not dry harvest.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 5_03-25-2020_Kerala Gold_main shot pruned a week ago.jpg
    5_03-25-2020_Kerala Gold_main shot pruned a week ago.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 9_04-02-2020_AZZE_12 germlings.jpg
    9_04-02-2020_AZZE_12 germlings.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 8_03-25-2020_germinating AZZE.jpg
    8_03-25-2020_germinating AZZE.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 7_04-02-2020_Kerala Gold_flowering weeek 6_2.jpg
    7_04-02-2020_Kerala Gold_flowering weeek 6_2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 6_04-02-2020_Kerala Gold_flowering week 6.jpg
    6_04-02-2020_Kerala Gold_flowering week 6.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 17

paisajedehierba

9 days later

9 days later

have a look:tiphat:

Attachments

• 04-12-2020_cupborad 1.jpg
    04-12-2020_cupborad 1.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 04-12-2020_AZZE_12 plants.jpg
    04-12-2020_AZZE_12 plants.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 04-12-2020_AZZE_short internode pheno.jpg
    04-12-2020_AZZE_short internode pheno.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 04-12-2020_AZZE_long internode pheno.jpg
    04-12-2020_AZZE_long internode pheno.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 04-12-2020_AZZE_branchy long internode pheno.jpg
    04-12-2020_AZZE_branchy long internode pheno.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 23
  • 04-12-2020_Bubba Hash_first days of life.JPG
    04-12-2020_Bubba Hash_first days of life.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 04-12-2020_Kerala Gold_dusted with Zam x Ethi pollen hopefully still viable.jpg
    04-12-2020_Kerala Gold_dusted with Zam x Ethi pollen hopefully still viable.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 23
  • three
    three
    42.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 04-12-2020_Kerala Gold_week 8 of flowering.jpg
    04-12-2020_Kerala Gold_week 8 of flowering.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 04-12-2020_AZZE_aerial perspective.jpg
    04-12-2020_AZZE_aerial perspective.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 20

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi paisajedehierba,

I really like the idea of recombining our different Zamal hybrids (Auto Zamaldelica included) to develop Zamal hybrid lines with an earlier flowering onset for outdoor growing at your latitude and climate, i think you are in the right path ;)

Very happy to see your new generation seeds already germinating, seedlings of your AZZE hybrid seem to structurally lean towards the autoflowering side of the genetics, at least so far, we will see more in flowering.

Zamaldelica x Ethiopian 1 has chunky flowers and big resinous trichomes, a sign of strong Malawi influence, number 2 is much more Ethiopian influenced.

The Kerala reminds me a lot to Oldtimer's Haze in growing traits, although the pistils are longer now in flowering.
It will be very nice to follow her development. Thanks a lot for keeping us updated with your grow and projects :yes:

paisajedehierba

Hi Dubi,
thank you for your feedback:)
Both phenos of Zamaldelica x Ethiope already dilver a fine smoke (three weeks after harvest). Very clean, engergising and not to long lasting. Smoking more helps experiencing slightly trippy effects. The come down is absolutely clean.
I smoked the more Ethiope leaning weed on a night walk, one cigarette to start and one in the middle of the walk at the bank of a lake. On the one hand the mind was clear and the senses sharpend (hearing/distinguishing the voices of water birds and amphibes, watching the moon´s walk centimeter by centimeter at heaven) on the other side these perceptions are linked with crazy effects. For example the wet skin of a little snake swimming and coiling on the surface of the sea water shined silverish reflecting the moonlight. In my minds eye this scene flowed into a movie of many more water animals, shining in the moonlight interacting one with each other in the sea … what not was the case. This didn´t made frightend. The effects were all absolutely friendly. Indoors, in small doses it´s the right weed to get things done with good mood … not unlike what I experienced with Zamal Bliss weed.
I am curious about the influence of Zam x Ethi on Auto Zam in AZZE hybrid. There are two main phenos. One lanky with long internodes and citric/herb stem rub smell and one with short internodes smelling slightly more fruity and oily. Not all plants smell with the same intensity. I guess these are good points to select at least two females and males for seed production of two different AZZE F2-lines.

paisajedehierba

4 weeks later

4 weeks later

Hi all together,
I want to share the development of Kerala Gold, AZZE and Bubba Hash in cupboard 1.
Kerla Gold is a monster. Stretch is over. She thrives in a 15 Liter pot. Bending down a branch during strech Phase caused the development of new small side branches out of every node. No mainshot …dozens of micro branches. I imagine an extensive flower cluster if a serious final reflowering will happen:biggrin:. The smell is of hops, bitter and the last few days added with hints of spices. First resin is visible.
AZZE... I selected two girls that smelled good. They look quite similar. I pruned the four top nodes. AZZE 1 smells like artificial strawberry not unlike ice lolly or chewing gum. This smell reminds me Northern Lights buds I harvested 20 years ago (my very first outdoor harvest). AZZE 2 smells like fabric softener. This smell is related to Zam x Ethi 1 harvested a few weeks ago. I guess they are in week 3 of flowering. AZZE seems to be a good resin producer:). Regarding the goal to make F2 seeds I have had no luck. Out of 12 plants three seemed to be male … all from long internode pheno. Three nodes pure male Flowers. The forth node showed male and female Flowers. So no pollination with AZZE male.
Bubba Hash has need three weeks from flip to Show first flowers. She is huge compared to AZZE. I hope there will be no intense stretch, because I don´t want prune her.
All plants in cupboard 1 are slightly pollinated with pollen of an Auto cross I did a few years ago (Muay Thai x (Muay Thai x Aurora Indica)). The father has begun flowering really fast after two weeks of life.

Attachments

• 05-09-2020_cupboard 1_AZZE_Bubba Hash_Kerala Gold backround.jpg
    05-09-2020_cupboard 1_AZZE_Bubba Hash_Kerala Gold backround.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 05-09-2020_Kerala Gold.jpg
    05-09-2020_Kerala Gold.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 05-09-2020_Kerla Gold week 11 flowering.JPG
    05-09-2020_Kerla Gold week 11 flowering.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 05-09-2020_AZZE 1 + 2.jpg
    05-09-2020_AZZE 1 + 2.jpg