What's new

King's Kush stolen GHS shit like usual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Ok everybody this has been on my mind for a while since I saw it and I've been wondering if anyone had info about it. Since I've been growing and here on the boards I've had my mentor that started me and his buddies laughing at me till I got my hands on some dope ass genetics. I had a OG Kush x Mendo Purps/Grape Ape or Urkle cut and they mentor of my mentor haha was on the nipples of this girl. Saying it was the closest to King's Kush he had seen in years but he still wanted me to find a cut of King's Kush. I asked what it was and he went on to tell me about this cut he had years ago and didn't know what he had on his hands said it was OG Kush x Grape specifically and I thought it sounded good. Dude was saying clubs in LA pay 6gs a lb for that shit and he was mad he got rid of it.

I looked all over my area for this Kings Kush and was unable to find it but heard from a few older growers up north that it was the shit and hard to find and hard to clone being the reason it's not that available in cuts. To my surprise I see Green House Seeds has released a Kings Kush and what do you know it's that same fucking cross dude was telling me about!!! I know GHS likes to take big names and run them like Trainwreck and Bubba Kush but not really be what the strain is in Cali to make money!! Like the Bubba is NOTHING like the Bubba's you find out here BUT this Kings Kush is EXACTLY what my buddy told me about.

What I'd like to know is if anybody on here knows about the original and what was used in it by who if known and if the GHS is really like the original cuz surprisingly enough it's what he said so I'd like to see it in flower in week 7 or 8 if anybody has it..
EITHER VERSION!!!

I don't have pics of mine anymore or I'd post it...

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I believe we are entitled to our own opinions and that's what the site is for? I just want to know what's up with GHS cashing in on Cali names that isn't cool IMO I'd be PISSED if I was the original breeder of this..

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Thats all they have been doing since shanti left the company, using stain names for plants they didn't create on F2's. Anybody can do that.

nnep

Well look at it from a business stand point. Strain is popular, strain makes money. Breeder creates his version of strain because he wants to cash in on the craze. Breeder markets strain as popular named strain with similar genetic make up.

If you want to look at things that black and white, then you could call wendys or burger king thieves for stealing the cheeseburger and making it their own? Ya follow?

If you look around, it's very hard to control a strain once it's released to the public, from there its up to the breeders morals, and money is a bitch of a thing to turn down.

greenhead

Veteran
Fuck Cali Growers and snobby asshats with their clone only shit.

If a seed company releases their own version in seed form, then good for them!

If that upsets you, then don't fucking buy it. Whining about it aint gonna change shit.

I grew out GHS cheese a while ago, and I thought it was a pretty good smoke. Do I give a shit if it's not exactly the same as the clone? No, I do not.

:biggrin:

:smokey:

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
They could create their own strains and not try to copy whats already out there, I guess that might be too much work and you can't make a quick buck doing that.

nnep

I'd like to add not to be so quick to write off something. Should see how it is before dissing someone elses work regardless of origin. After all aren't we all trying to spread great strains all over?

greenhead

Veteran
After all aren't we all trying to spread great strains all over?

No, apparently, some strains should only be grown and hoarded by snobby asshats, and not shared with anybody else.

Some of those so-called "elites" are just some fucking bagseed that somebody happened to grow out and it turned out ok. They gave it a new name, and boom! They act like they invented some totally new shit, lol.

:whistling:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thundurkle - you really need to work on your thread titles ;)

i believe greenhouse bought apothecary seeds and their clones too which is where the recent kush etc releases came from.

V.

greenhead

Veteran
i believe greenhouse bought apothecary seeds and their clones too which is where the recent kush etc releases came from.

V.

That is true, I remember reading that before also.

So, in other words, this thread was a result of pure ignorance and misinformation.

Why the hating on a big seed company that bought out another seed company and is going to market their line of seeds?

Why are some people anti-innovation and anti-big business? Are you a bunch of clone-hoarding, selfish hippies?

The more people that grow, the better. And a big seed company releasing mass produced seeds for a reasonable price is a good thing in my book, but then again, I'm not a selfish, backwards bastard. If you want to overgrow the world, it's not going to be done by some hippy sitting with a clone only strain in a fucking cabin in the middle of nowhere. It's going to be done by big seed companies mass producing seeds for the average grower at reasonable prices.

itisme

Veteran
Well look at it from a business stand point. Strain is popular, strain makes money. Breeder creates his version of strain because he wants to cash in on the craze. Breeder markets strain as popular named strain with similar genetic make up.

If you want to look at things that black and white, then you could call wendys or burger king thieves for stealing the cheeseburger and making it their own? Ya follow?

If you look around, it's very hard to control a strain once it's released to the public, from there its up to the breeders morals, and money is a bitch of a thing to turn down.

That isn't GOOD BUSINESS that is BAD BUSINESS! What if Honda bought Chevy's and sold them under a HONDA TAG???

nnep

i didn't say it was any kind of business, i said it was business, and it is.

VerdantGreen already answered the question, and it took me a whole 5 mins to look at the description of the strain and confirm it.

Last edited:

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
That isn't GOOD BUSINESS that is BAD BUSINESS! What if Honda bought Chevy's and sold them under a HONDA TAG???
washers, dryers and other appliances are bought and sold under different names..example..sears uses maytag i believe..
and chevy has a vehicle that's essentially a toyota corolla just under chevy's name..happens all the time..

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That is true, I remember reading that before also.

So, in other words, this thread was a result of pure ignorance and misinformation.

Why the hating on a big seed company that bought out another seed company and is going to market their line of seeds?

Why are some people anti-innovation and anti-big business? Are you a bunch of clone-hoarding, selfish hippies?

The more people that grow, the better. And a big seed company releasing mass produced seeds for a reasonable price is a good thing in my book, but then again, I'm not a selfish, backwards bastard. If you want to overgrow the world, it's not going to be done by some hippy sitting with a clone only strain in a fucking cabin in the middle of nowhere. It's going to be done by big seed companies mass producing seeds for the average grower at reasonable prices.

i have to agree with some of what you say. greenhouse are hated because they are successful and they are actually very good at marketing., also arjan likes to put himself about publicity wise but really that is the kind of attitude that you need if you are going to succeed in such a business - or at least it's one way to succeed

i mean if you were going to point the finger at some vendors for exploiting other people's cuts without their blessing there would be some much more likely candidates that spring to mind ;)

i havent smoked all of greenhouse's strains but ive had a few that were very good smoke, some not so. a bit like all the other seed companies really

V.

mjactivist

Greenhouse is all about money. They lost all Shanti's parent stock when he left.
And dont get me wrong, greenhouse seeds can still have good genetics. Able to produce winners.
But I do think that its shady as hell, to lie for money.
How many CC cups has Arjan bought?
L8
MJ

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I understand the money part but really if you are gonna do that why not just rock the same cross under a different but similar name I dunno just rambling a bit. What I want to know if any info about this strain and when GHS started working on it ect. Does anyone know if it's actually like the cut I was told about?

Status
Not open for further replies.