What's new

Nutrients for switching over to flowering

JaHoVA

Whats going on guys, this is my first post and first grow ( in a real long time)

Im in the process of lowering my light schedule to 12/12 and switching 2 bulb daily from 6500k to 3000k. ( 12 t5 bulbs in total )

My question is can i mix veg nuts and bloom nuts together for my transition or should i just mix veg nuts in a jug and bloom nuts in another and pour them into my pot soil separately.

My feed is Botanicare pure blend pro - bloom soil formula and pure blend pro grow

Ive also been using Botanicare cal mag (5 ml/gallon)

I doubt you will need more info for my question but ill give it if needed.

Thanks

Budley Doright

Veteran
I would advise just using the veg stuff for a week or 10 days of 12-12

then just switch to flower ferts then....

jswick93

I like to continue with veg notes for around a week into 12/12, until the plant begins to put energy into flowering. Then switch over to bloom nutes. I have mixed bottled veg/bloom nutrients like you said and don't notice any significance in doing so.

Budley Doright

Veteran
I like to continue with veg notes for around a week into 12/12, until the plant begins to put energy into flowering. Then switch over to bloom nutes. I have mixed bottled veg/bloom nutrients like you said and don't notice any significance in doing so.

IOW... you are feeding flowering ferts when the plant is actually flowering....not when you go 12-12

It is normally a mistake to switch to bloom nutes when you do 12 - 12 since the plant often runs low on N too early.....

DemonTrich

Veteran
^^^^^

exactly why I hit them with 100% veg nutes at flip or a few days before if needed. get that N stored up in the plant for the flip cycle.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I use pbp grow and pbp soil. I always use half and half first week of flowering (half a tbs of each). Then on week two I drop the pbp grow and go full strength on the pbp soil. Works out great. Shouldn't have any premature yellowing if using 5ml of calmag along with it. I use nutes every watering, pH'd to 6.5, in FF Happy Frog soil. Plants always look great. For the record, I also use 5ml of sweet every watering with it and 2.5ml of hydroplex every other watering. :)

Budley Doright

Veteran
First week of 12/12

But they arent flowering....

Whats the point?????

You do know that cal mag contains calcium nitrate....

Do you know what the nitrate does???

Do you get my drift????

Hes not asking what you do with your additional sources of N hes asking what he should do....

Ratzilla

Veteran
I keep with my vegetative regime until the stretch is over.
I mean its still growing vegetative mass so it still needs N until this phase is over.
The stretch time will differ between strains but usually last for the first 2-3 weeks after switching to flowering.
It is at this time that I cut down on N somewhat and up my P and K.
Ratz :tiphat:

And whatever method u decide to go with just know your plants will be just fine! Try a side by side and see what works best for your plants :) enjoy!

Budley Doright

Veteran
I have done sick plants for a number of years.....

One thing I found to happen over and over.....

Rookies would start flower ferts at 12-12 then come whining what to I do they are yellowing too early......

my advice is the same....

provide nitrate N now.....and dont start flower ferts until 7 to 10 days after 12-12 your next batch

MrBungle

I provide Nitrate N through out the plants life.... and add a lil more NH4 for veg through stretch... been working beautifully since I started

Laboratory testing on thousands of tissue samples of plants has led some scientist to believe that failing to provide the proper amount and proper types of potassium and phosphorus early in bloom cycle creates a permanent deficit that lowers harvest potential no matter what you do later on.

Budley Doright

Veteran
Laboratory testing on thousands of tissue samples of plants has led some scientist to believe that failing to provide the proper amount and proper types of potassium and phosphorus early in bloom cycle creates a permanent deficit that lowers harvest potential no matter what you do later on.

Your Plants Get What They Need For Maximum Harvests

What do your plants really need? Most bloom fertilizer programs underplay potassium and nitrogen too much, while providing too much phosphorus too late. This includes the reliance on bloom boosters used on top of base nutrients.

Come to find out that scientific testing from thousands of tissue samples on the type of plants you grow shows that if you fail to provide the right amounts and right types of potassium and phosphorus early in the bloom phase, you create a permanent deficit that lowers your harvest size no matter what you do later on.

It’s like missing the starting gun for a race, and then scrambling like crazy to catch up later on.

But you can’t catch up: after those first two weeks are gone, your plant is not going to create any more budding sites. You see why early application of Bud Ignitor is crucial to maximizing everything your plants do later in bloom cycle.

So are you going to sell us some Bud Ignitor next???

I would highly recommend it! I get 1 3/4lbs per plant with their stuff! I just gave away the botanicals that I had. Its good stuff but not the same!

Latest posts

Latest posts