What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
time for a new thread...we just can't win...seems as though the nfl thread is generally just the same 7-8 of us...maybe we should just start a social group to keep these threads from getting tanked...anyone? anyone?

still crickets?

okay, training camp is coming!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I have such a hard time thinking about football in the summer. Around these parts football starts and snow soon follows.

I am however pumped about the season. My Bills have a new owner and all kinds of changes, stands to be a good season! For us that would mean making the playoffs. Which we have not done in 20 years lol. If we do, stand back, Buffalo will be a snappin'!

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
with greg roman as your OC you're going to need a game manager that can limit turnovers(so not ej for sure) and a power run game...what rb is in buffalo? is that where shady landed? Freddie Jackson and boobie..at least there is some familiarity between boobie and roman...I always loved boobie, that dude is 10000% football.

looks like the title of this thread got edited lol, I just wanted to start an nfl thread that wouldn't be getting closed up annually...

yort- are you trying to cleanse the internet of the seahawks terrible loss in the superbowl or something? ;) we get it man, 2014 season was a myth/matrix...it's all deflated anyways...

from now on, every time I buy a "12" pack of beer, I will take the first bottle out and slam it on the ground...I only fuck with 11 packs!!!! hahahaha but seriously, alcohol abuse or not I'm doing that.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
I've got Vegas Draft tonight... I won't know my draft position in a 12 team league until a few more hours. . I need to know what pick I have lol driveing me insane

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Damn SS, drafting already!!!!! I would hate to draft someone with my first 3 picks and have them get hurt before the season. I would play it safe and take Aaron Rodgers if you can grab him imo.

So I am hoping that dez doesn't do anything stupid and just signs the 14mil a year franchise tag contract. The Cowboys offense would be seriously lacking without him especially after we lost Murray. I am excited to see how run dmc does with a stable qb and oline I am sure he'll still get hurt and miss games but he still has plenty of play making ability.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
I'm all about the RB deals, 1st rd RB has literally never panned out for me...and unknown rb's behind good lines w/ bad qb's on the waiver once injuries start piling up has really been beneficial

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Who you thinking your gonna take I would guess ap won't be on the board still. I'd take a rb at 5 if it was me but like deez my first round rbs over the years have disappointed me. I'd take forte or lacy at 5. I'd figure that ap, Jamal Charles, Levon bell are taken at that point.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Lacy, McCoy, Forte,Lynch

Luck, Julio, Beckham, Gronk

This league gives tight ends an extra .5 per reception on top of the 1 per Reception aka 1.5 points every time they catch it as opposed to any other player only gets 1

I took Jimmy Graham last year and it backfired hard on me

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
Graham is going to be a big piece of the offense in Seattle, they damn sure ain't paying him because he's a good blocker hahaha...he'll easily be the #1 target in the passing game for the cawks...

How did you manage to pull off a roster like that in a 12 team? That roster has league champ written all over it!

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
LOL I was like damn! the rest of the league must have been straight amateurs hahaha

forte isn't going to be the ppr beast he's been without trestman imho.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Jamal Charles fell to me a 5!!
Andrew Luck with my 2nd
Ty Hilton
Alfred Morris
Brandon Marshall

First 5 picks... I like my Squad

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I am however pumped about the season. My Bills have a new owner and all kinds of changes, stands to be a good season! For us that would mean making the playoffs. Which we have not done in 20 years lol. If we do, stand back, Buffalo will be a snappin'!

Will you still cheer for the L.A. Bills in 2017?
Haha, just trolling. If the bills become good again a lot of fans will be pleased. It's them, the Sabres and the Blue jays. Will they be good? Whos their qb? Maybe shady can throw the ball as well. Then again, who am i to speak? I have cutler as my qb. Go cutler.

So we're not doing a league? For 'honor points', if nothing else?

shithawk420

Veteran
I can't wait for the first game of the season.its the first time in a long time the bears and the packers start the season in Chicago.let's hope good Cutler shows up and bad Cutler stays home

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
Judge upholds 'Redskins' trademark cancellation decision

Judge upholds 'Redskins' trademark cancellation decision

A judge ruled in favor of opponents of the Washington NFL team's "Redskins" name Wednesday after hearing arguments from both sides in District Court this week, according to the Washington Post. Washington filed a lawsuit in August to contest the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office decision to remove the trademark registration on the team's name.

The case may have turned, in part, on a recent Supreme Court decision that ruled in favor of the State of Texas' right to ban specialty license plates bearing the Confederate flag. The Supreme Court ruled that Texas was not violating the First Amendment rights of the group that proposed the plate's design. The defendants argued that the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office removed the "Redskins" trademark on the same basis.

The defendants, five Native Americans led by Amanda Blackhorse, sued the team and won a decision in June of last year that was hailed by their legal team as "a milestone victory." While the decision did not prevent Washington from using "Redskins," it threatened to significantly hamper the team's profitability by allowing others to use the name for their financial gain.

Washington owner Dan Snyder mounted a stalwart defense of the name, vowing to never change it. He'll may have to strongly reconsider that position now. He could face pressure from the NFL's 31 other franchises, who may also take a financial hit due to the league's revenue sharing system.

Snyder could still appeal to a higher court. Given his proclivity to fight, this seems like a likely outcome. Washington may still have a chance to win its trademark back, too. Washington lost its trademark in a 1999 decision, only to win it back in District Court.

The Blackhorse team have already move past that step, however, so there's no question that it has scored a significant victory.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ns-trademark-cancellation-decision/ar-AAcI3Lk

PaullyHighBred

Damn... the 4th of July wasn't too kind to the NFL this year

Jason Pierre-Paul apparently burned up both hands pretty badly, and he did it before signing $14.8 million franchise tag, which the Giants have now pulled off the table.

And C.J. Wilson a cornerback for Tampa blew two fingers off his hand...:nono:

Nobody ever said being Patriotic was easy... but damn maybe stick to sparklers next year guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts