What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dinafem OG Kush origin?

NEGT1

Whether the bud is in your opinion good or not, does it resemble the original cut?

And if you've never smoked or grown the original cut, how would you even know what pheno to select?

Dinafem selling "OG Kush" is laughable. If it was an S1 I might understand the branding, but it's not, and even if it was the branding is questionable there. They don't even use an original cut here, which is the only real OG, and then proceed to name a polyhybrid off of OG, "OG Kush". Not kosher.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
While I hold a general mistrust for feminized seeds, and companies that charge twice as much because you "won't have to throw out males", even tho you'll have to trash just as many tranny plants and might end up with a seeded crop, I must give them credit that I've heard that they get femmed version of shanti's work from the Spanish subcontractor grows that make mr nice gear.

That being said, I've lost my faith in shanti and mr nice since nevilles been gone, a and the fact that shanti changed afghan males, and everybody's been getting sativa phenos from their medicine man, and I've seen horrible work come from dinafem. Their diesel and their dinachem weren't worth composting or feedin to the birds. I do know people that swear by them but their "sour" compared to east coast is a joke. Swerve makes a better diesel, and what does that really say about dinafem? I mean come on, swerves a lying thief who hasn't contributed shit to the gene pool since the sfv backcross

kindgrower

While I wouldn't disagree with much, or anything, you say there..... I will say that I've grown out 6 or 7 Dinafem freebies and every single seed has germed and produced a nice plant with flavor and potency including a real keeper level Critical +. It's a fairly small sample size, but their "batting average" is way above most of the top breeders I've worked with.

I agree, I have had 100 % germ rate with all the Dinafem, strains I've ran. I agree the OG Kush is not REAL OG. But non the less, They were a pleasure to grow and smoke. They were freebees. And NO ONE I sold it to had one complaint... except gimme more!! So, for the price, i mean i buy 3-6 different strains at a time.. whats a 100 bucks or two? nada. get a return 10 fold in my opinion.

Now Dinafem is by far not my fav breeder, but i sure will buy and run their beans, without any problems so far, ever. I've grown out their, Sour Diesel Auto-flowering, Kush-N-Cheese ,Amnesia XXL ,Blue Amnesia XXL ,Blue Critical, Moby Dick, Critical+, and Critical Jack. So, I'm good with em. So is everyone i turn on to it...... Bottom line? The genetics are good and the shit seems to evaporate faster every harvest! What else is there? I'm happy peeps are happy. And I run all the other starins i love to run too. and a few Dinafem are some keepers in my garden! My return on Dinafem grows, always out weighs the initial investment.

Dinafem Strains.....

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
After seeing some pics of dinacraps OG I have even more of a feeling they are passing off fake stuff and capitalizing on the name.

OG S1's like a champ, reversing it should produce plants that look like a splitting image of the mother what I am seeing here looks nothing like actual OG kush

Even when you cross OG to another strain it produces plants that are generally very much like OG.

kindgrower

After seeing some pics of dinacraps OG I have even more of a feeling they are passing off fake stuff and capitalizing on the name.

OG S1's like a champ, reversing it should produce plants that look like a splitting image of the mother what I am seeing here looks nothing like actual OG kush

Even when you cross OG to another strain it produces plants that are generally very much like OG.

I agree The OG Is not even close, False ad? Sure, I still move that shit as fast as my Barneys Vanilla Kush. Which btw, dinafems OG. cannot even compete with the Vanilla Kush from Barneys, That is an amazing strain to grow, smoke and eat. lol.

Bottom line for me. I grow and keep the strains I want and the Dinafem Auto's go out my door as fast as i can harvest them... Dinafem auto's to me, = quick, green backs. So, as long as people want those quick auto's, I'll milk it till the cow hits the fukkin ground!
c2

JointOperation

dinafem has there ups and downs.

og kush . proly not really the clone only og kush.

but the strains they do have.. I have yet to see anything BAD from there genetics.. all the buds ive grown were amazing.. only had a few hermies with tons of dinafem gear. and it was prolly my fault to be honest..

but a lot of dinafems gear.. is just other good breeders genetics.. femd or selfed.

which isn't a horrible thing .

kindgrower

dinafem has there ups and downs.

og kush . proly not really the clone only og kush.

but the strains they do have.. I have yet to see anything BAD from there genetics.. all the buds ive grown were amazing.. only had a few hermies with tons of dinafem gear. and it was prolly my fault to be honest..

but a lot of dinafems gear.. is just other good breeders genetics.. femd or selfed.

which isn't a horrible thing .

I agree, with ya bro Nope, it isn't horrible... It's been all good to me...

I worked with a freeby from dinafem called white siberian (I think it was a ww x ak47) and, of the 15 or so strains I've worked with, it was one of my top 5.

Dinafem was rated this last year as a top breeder and seed provider by High Times, too.

I'd bet it turns out great.

From experience, my fav breeders are DNA Genetics, dinafem, dutch passion, and sensiseeds. I don't like seedsman or bc bud depot because I found their phenos were too variable (even when ordering an IBL) and I've had phenos that cost me due to poor performances.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
I worked with a freeby from dinafem called white siberian (I think it was a ww x ak47) and, of the 15 or so strains I've worked with, it was one of my top 5.

Dinafem was rated this last year as a top breeder and seed provider by High Times, too.

I'd bet it turns out great.

From experience, my fav breeders are DNA Genetics, dinafem, dutch passion, and sensiseeds. I don't like seedsman or bc bud depot because I found their phenos were too variable (even when ordering an IBL) and I've had phenos that cost me due to poor performances.
High times magazine's opinion isn't really something to go by, I guarantee that ranking article was a bidding war behind the scenes

mr bub

The dinafem seeds I've tried, blue widow and power kush, were both quite good.

However, I'm convinced that BC bud depot gets their seeds in bulk by shaking out mexi dirt brick weed, none of their stuff is worth smoking

kindgrower

The dinafem seeds I've tried, blue widow and power kush, were both quite good.

However, I'm convinced that BC bud depot gets their seeds in bulk by shaking out mexi dirt brick weed, none of their stuff is worth smoking

BC Bud Depot, Really Does Suck! I have had nothing but great results with Dinafem. Until, I don't, their one of only a few breeders i get from.

BOG, talked to him this morning and getting some Blue Kush, amongst others. Dinafem, Barneys, DNA, Humboldt seeds, Reserva Privada and some private shit out on seedbay and local.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
BC Bud Depot, Really Does Suck! I have had nothing but great results with Dinafem. Until, I don't, their one of only a few breeders i get from.

BOG, talked to him this morning and getting some Blue Kush, amongst others. Dinafem, Barneys, DNA, Humboldt seeds, Reserva Privada and some private shit out on seedbay and local.

And this is why you can't take a few good plants as a representation of the company as a whole. My boy got a gsc freebie from bcbd, didn't resemble any cookie cut I've seen on ic, but she just went in to a jar a week ago. Smelt like sprite before chop, wreaks like chronic and cookie dough after some cure. Yet do I advocate bcbd? No because I could have found just as good a plant from bagseed. It's not he good luck people have with a company that should determine their rep, it should be the horror stories, testing, and honesty about cuts used. Idc how many good plants companies like Dina and bc put out, it's the real breeders like karma and bodhi that put in work and test, and I've yet to see a bad plant come from a bodhi pack. Also never seen cloning issues with regular seeds, I've seen quite a few feminized mothers refuse to root

harry74

Veteran
Breaking News

Breaking News

I´ve been doing some calls and it looks like no one else holds this OG KUSH line.

This OG KUSH cutting is known as the Rattlesnake OG Kush.

Has been breed and hold tightly since the 60´s by followers of George Went Hensley.
After his death on 1955 bitten on his church by a Snake, his followers disbanded. Some settled into a undisclosed location of the rural america joining the flower power movement of the 60´s and going into Cannabis cultivation.
The rest is history....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Went_Hensley

:tiphat:

ive had dinafems power kush was very nice smelt lovely ..
ive been trying to find a banging kush in seed form but its hard i think to many variations and crosses looking for that indica boomie lol

JointOperation

if anyone listened to the Adam Dunn Podcast.. 3 parts of talking to all the REAL DUDES who were involved with the KUSH... then renamed OG kush. because all the imposters..

and then we wonder why people.. hoard? lol.. I totally get why some crews don't let strains out.... back in the day.. if you wanted the REAL DEAL.. u bought a dome of clones.. for like 5 grand.. to buy into the BRAND... and only sold it under THE REAL NAME.. if it CAME OUT PROPERLY.. to KEEP THE BRAND ON THE UP....

and.. they went over in the podcast.. how there is 1 REAL DEAL like we all thought.. and that 90% of the clones out there.. are just og kush...

its nuts.

JointOperation

theres so many cuts that are going around.. that are the same exact OG Kush CUT.. so how can anyone here actually claim they do not have the original .. seeing as how anyone and there mom could get it .. if they offered some cASH.. lol..

and I bought dinafem seeds after I popped 3 different freebies.. 2 seeds each. and all 5 of the 6 that popped were GREAT NUGS.,,. then I bought a few packs..

I cant say that with any other seed co or breeder. honestly.. haven't found another keeper in a FREEBIE.. other then DINAFEM.. so whats that say? lol.. and I spent thousands on seeds.. and got atleast 70-80 different freebies over the years. and popped most of em.. and found nothing good in anything but dinafem.

which sucks because honestly. I would love to say.. my thseeds freebies or my other freebies put out fire.. but nope..

I don't like fem seeds as much as reg.. so I wish dinafem would open DINAREG and put out some regs..

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
I'd still stay away because of years of them capitalizing on the uninformed growers fascination with all female seeds, if for no reason but seeming unnatural, I mean I know the plant can herm naturally, but I think using a male and keeping genetics true is more important than not having to throw out males. Plus I reverse my males, so I'm constantly on the hunt for the next sticky stud

Latest posts

Latest posts