What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to modulate THC effects with CBD?

Mandelbroot

Hello

I am a new user.
I´m from Spain and i´m trying to learn how to use medical cannabis.
In my country cannabis is illegal. You can have good weed if you grow it by yourself or you can buy low quality hash and weed in the streets (bad option). Also, ther are a very small amount of smokers clubs but it is difficult to be acepted is these clubs.
You can buy CBD oil, e-liquid and extractions in specific shops. It´s legal, but the THC amount must be less than 0, 2%.
I´m interested in treat my long-term depression and anxiety with cannabis. I have been acepted in a smokers club but all the weed strains you can find there are very THC high (15%-25%). It´s not possible to find strains ratio 1:1 THC/CBD so here comes my question:
i need to reduce the amount of THC of the weed so I was thinking about combinate CBD oil via sublingual+smoking weed (joint or vaporised). Do you think some CBD drops taken befor smoking can modulate or reduce the impact of THC from a joint?Has anybody experience about this?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Mandelbroot

Thank you so much for your advice. Actually im not able to grow my own weed because i dont have a place neither equipment or resources

Mandelbroot

I will try to use weed from my new private smokers club, but i have found there only high THC/ low CBD strains so i was thinking about combinate CBD oil and regular weed but i dont know how to proceed about dosage and use

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I've found using high CBD cannabis in the mornings helps regulate at least most of the day. I'm sure any quality CBD oil would have the same effect, when used in the mornings the same way.

I can definitely tell when I don't have enough CBD, and definitely when I've had too much THC. ;)

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello

I am a new user.
In my country cannabis is illegal. You can have good weed if you grow it by yourself or you can buy low quality hash and weed in the streets (bad option). Also, ther are a very small amount of smokers clubs but it is difficult to be acepted is these clubs.
You can buy CBD oil, e-liquid and extractions in specific shops. It´s legal, but the THC amount must be less than 0, 2%.
I´m interested in treat my long-term depression and anxiety with cannabis. I have been acepted in a smokers club but all the weed strains you can find there are very THC high (15%-25%). It´s not possible to find strains ratio 1:1 THC/CBD so here comes my question:
i need to reduce the amount of THC of the weed so I was thinking about combinate CBD oil via sublingual+smoking weed (joint or vaporised). Do you think some CBD drops taken befor smoking can modulate or reduce the impact of THC from a joint?Has anybody experience about this?

Thanks a lot for your help.
I asked a member with that question....hoping you'll get a reply soon. His response above.

My take is do the CBD (capsules/tincture, etc.) first and if you are at a social club, just imbibe a little at a time (joint, blunt, etc), those strains that are predominately high thc. Just gauge how you are feeling. You'll find the right combo of CBD/thc....it just takes time and adjustment of either/or thc and CBD.

Good luck!

Mandelbroot

I asked a member with that question....hoping you'll get a reply soon. His response above.

My take is do the CBD (capsules/tincture, etc.) first and if you are at a social club, just imbibe a little at a time (joint, blunt, etc), those strains that are predominately high thc. Just gauge how you are feeling. You'll find the right combo of CBD/thc....it just takes time and adjustment of either/or thc and CBD.

Good luck!

This is a very helpfull advice for me. Thanks a lot.

My daily medication includes antidepressants (sertralin 150 mg) and ansiolitics (alprazolam 3 mg). I started with this almost 20 years ago, so now I have a big adiction and the medication seems to lose its efficiency. One month ago I began to take CBD oil just ocasionally when i feel anxiety peaks. I take 3% CBD oil from Enecta, 3 to 5 drops at night two or three times at week.

https://www.enecta.com/collections/cbd-and-cbg-oil/products/3-cbd-oil-1

I estimhere comes my idea: i can calculate how much THC can contain joint of an specific strain using this tool:

https://www.latimes.com/projects/la-me-weed-101-thc-calculator/

For example, in my social club I can have Black Jack weed. In a 0,2 gr. joint there is a value of 14 THC mg. I can take 10-15 drops of my CBD oil before smoking. I feel that CBD, in my personal experience, begin to show effects in 20-30 minutes so I can take the drops, wait 30-45 minutes and then try just one toke of the Black Jack joint and then gauge how I feel.

Do you think this is a good strategy?
I´m so afraid of panic attacks and hard psicoactive effects, but i´m interested in the very helpfull and pleasent antidepressive effect in that you can find in cannabis.

Mandelbroot

I've found using high CBD cannabis in the mornings helps regulate at least most of the day. I'm sure any quality CBD oil would have the same effect, when used in the mornings the same way.

I can definitely tell when I don't have enough CBD, and definitely when I've had too much THC. ;)

Thank, Douglas.

So if I take a few CBD oil drops in the morning I cawill able to feel a reduction/modulation on the THC effects of a joint in the evening?
I have a very low tolerance to THC but I like some of its effects in a mild amount. I love creativity and relaxation but I hate paranoia and anxiety.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you are prone to panic attacks, go with a hybrid or more indica dominant strain.

Mandelbroot

If you are prone to panic attacks, go with a hybrid or more indica dominant strain.

Thanks,Aribud.

I´ve heard that indica strains are indicated to reduce the excess of mental activity and give a break to the brain...that´s what i´m looking for.

The personal in my smokers club recommended me Black Jack grown outdoors (hybrid 50-50 sativa-indica) but i will ask them for a more indica dominant strain. They told me about some hash made from 100% indica that they have in the dispensary.

Douglas.Curtis

Thank, Douglas.

So if I take a few CBD oil drops in the morning I cawill able to feel a reduction/modulation on the THC effects of a joint in the evening?
I have a very low tolerance to THC but I like some of its effects in a mild amount. I love creativity and relaxation but I hate paranoia and anxiety.
You may want to take a few drops in the afternoon. To help with evening smoke effects.

Have you tried vaping cannabis which makes you paranoid when smoked? I've read many people have less or no paranoia when vaping the same cannabis. Perhaps you're like this? :)

St. Phatty

Hello

I am a new user.
In my country cannabis is illegal. You can have good weed if you grow it by yourself or you can buy low quality hash and weed in the streets (bad option)

In the long term, the best thing to do is to learn to grow, and to breed.

Most growers gravitate towards the strains that make them feel good.

If you find strains you like, grown from seed, you then have the option of mixing them genetically. Assuming you have at least 1 that is regular, with some male seedlings.

When you grow out the crosses, there will be natural variation in the amount of THC. If you grow CBD-THC strain crosses, the seedlings will exhibit different CBD-THC ratios. Some of those, you might like even more.

PLUS, you being a human being, if one of your strains feels good to you, it'll feel good to other people.

If you have any birds or friends with birds, there's a good chance the bird will like a bushy Cannabis seedling, if it can fit in its cage. They eat the leaves and the growing tips.

Sometimes they go crazy for Cannabis. I'm pretty sure that birds have endo-cannabinoid receptors too.

Mandelbroot

Dear friends:

Finally I had a tiny smoking session taking good knowledge from your advices.

I´m trying to make a come back to cannabis but i´m afraid of the consequences because of my panic attacks/anxiety disorder. That´s why I´m exploring with CBD as a helper to the effects of the THC.

I had 4 drops of CBD oil 3% (about 3-4 mg) at 4:00 PM. Then i had a single puff at 20:30 PM. It was a joint with a very little amount of weed (maybe around 0,1 g). The strain I used was one called Hi CBD. I cannot find much information about this on the Internet. I have no idea about amount and ratio of THC/CBD.

I felt a hard body relaxation and tingling. My mind was calm but kinda "empty". It cost me a lot to read or to follow the plot of a film. I felt also very distant from my feelings but the anxiety was gone for a very long period of time. I had no alteration of the auditive perception buy just a little in the vision. I saw everything in more soft tones of colour, very pleasant.

On the other hand, the CBD effect made me stay in a relaxed alert mood and It was difficult to sleep. My sleep was a little nervous, interrupted and not deep. The next day i wake up with a hard numb sensation. In the afternoon, anxiety began to increase and I had the praeludium of a panick attack in the bus. I can managed the situation taking Alprazolam (Xanax) 2 mg and I can did my work in the evening.

This is a very conflictive situations. My experience have an unpleasant duality. Good effects but bad hangover. This a kind love/hate position about weed :dunno:

Maybe I will keep trying if my anxiety decrease. I´ll keep writing here my experiences, if this is interesting for you.

Thank you so much for your help.

PD:This is the information I found about Hi CBD strain. Any experience?:
https://es.**********.eu/strain-info/HI_CBD/Pua_Mana_Pakalolo/

Douglas.Curtis

In your position I would spend most of my time identifying the specifics of my anxiety. Your emotions are there for a reason, and identifying the source most often leads to removal of the issue.

Again, cannabis causes unconscious self-reflection and this brings up all subjects in your mind which contribute to anxiety. Use these times of anxiety to help you identify the issue. Focus on identifying the source, vs. focusing on your reactions.