What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dropshipping cannabis seeds business with worldwide shipping

Tranquilidade

Hi,

Is there any wholesale cannabis seeds supplier that can offer dropshipping service worldwide but not necessary? Basically I want to start an online cannabis seeds store but without actually sending the seeds by myself. I'm also interested in white label solutions where I can put my logo on premium quality seeds and also with dropshipping. Do you know such providers?

Thanks

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Nah, I wouldn't buy some relabeled bullshit from a money grab guy.

Let me get this straight. You want to have someone else put your labels and logo on someone else's work, then have someone else ship it. What is it exactly you would be doing besides making labels?

Best advice, actually do something yourself, it is far more rewarding.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Actually, a pretty standard business model. Many companies private label. You don't think WalMart actually makes all those products that are exclusive to WalMart.

Just like so many other things today. The same item has many names.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You're too much of a pussy to sell and mail yourself, too much of a knobshite to make your own seed and you want generic bullshit to market?

I can solve all of those problems and won't. Because you're a fucktard loser.

I take solace in knowing you're here because you're too incompetent to figure it out yourself and needed someone to hold your hand.

Last edited:

Tranquilidade

WOW, I thought it was a business section of the forum, not a hate speech. I want to market seeds, not breed them or send them from the country that has the most restricted cannabis laws. I'm good at marketing and I love cannabis, what's wrong about that?

Blazeee

Veteran
WOW, I thought it was a business section of the forum, not a hate speech. I want to market seeds, not breed them or send them from the country that has the most restricted cannabis laws. I'm good at marketing and I love cannabis, what's wrong about that?

Whats wrong is you want something for nothing, you want to get paid from this without doing any actual work yourself, that is what is wrong with alot of people these days...

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Wow! Mommy to son... What do you want to be when you grow up? Son ~ a middleman!

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran

the way how u want walk in ...

is enough middleman in our plant :)

Amynamous

I’m surprised by the hate that’s been directed your way. What you describe is a very common business model, and i know that several “seed banks” do the exact same thing. I remember a seedbank advertising those services several years ago, but cannot remember who it was. SEEDSMAN appears to be placing their label on other’s seeds. I wish you the best of luck.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Not sure about everyone else but, when I purchase seeds, I want them straight from breeder.
Too many banks and middle men invites untraceable trickery.
I want the shortest, most dependable, trustworthy chain of custody.
Some middleman could just slap ANY hype label on seeds he can't move.

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Capitalism. I know several so called seedbanks doing this very thing. I fucking hate capitalism.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Its quite an easy proposal actually. If you have the ability to set up a very nice web site, promote that site, get your s.e.o. sorted.
If you can do that, its easy, but why would you get more for the same seeds than anyone else would?
That's the real problem here. You're only marketing would be online. People who are online, do their searches. If price or reputation of seller has anything to do with choice, you're screwed.
The only option to cost plus pricing would be a commission deal. Which maybe workable, but not if you're also looking for OEM. That creates work and at a reduced income for the company doing the work. They'll kick you to the curb for that request.
Question is, do you have the cash to put up for your end? Do you have the skills?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Generally, the 'commission' is paid by the manufacturer/grower/seller/whatever rather than a cost plus. That would be more like a retailer.

Think... manufacturer's representative. I did that for years. Sold other people's products because I was better at it than they were. Or, maybe a niche market. I sold to the DoD. A market that most of my manufacturer's were not familiar with. And, I often put my name on their products. Products you know like Alcoa and Alcan were in a white box with my company's name and logo on it rather than Alcoa's. This kept the Alcoa distributors in that area from realizing I was selling the same product as they were in their own back yard that was protected under their distributor agreement with Alcoa.

I was a little confused by the hateful replies as well.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Its quite an easy proposal actually. If you have the ability to set up a very nice web site, promote that site, get your s.e.o. sorted.
If you can do that, its easy, but why would you get more for the same seeds than anyone else would?
That's the real problem here. You're only marketing would be online. People who are online, do their searches. If price or reputation of seller has anything to do with choice, you're screwed.
The only option to cost plus pricing would be a commission deal. Which maybe workable, but not if you're also looking for OEM. That creates work and at a reduced income for the company doing the work. They'll kick you to the curb for that request.
Question is, do you have the cash to put up for your end? Do you have the skills?

That's the problem. He ain't setting up a company, he doesn't want to spend money on the seeds, nor ship and handle em. He just wants to set up a store that works on drop shipping.

Drop shipping is a supply chain management method in which the retailer does not keep goods in stock but instead transfers the customer orders and shipment details to either the manufacturer, another retailer, or a wholesaler, who then ships the goods directly to the customer. As in retail business, the majority of retailers make their profit on the difference between the wholesale and retail price, but some retailers earn an agreed percentage of the sales in commission, paid by the wholesaler to the retailer.

So he would just be a BS 3rd party middleman, who only runs his online store, takes no risks, doesn't put money down on the seeds, does none of the actual work involved in the process like growing the plants, breeding, selection, sorting, shipping, handling, etc etc. But jacks up the prices for the customer and/or takes a cut from the breeder's profit after a sale.

Like someone said earlier, if the customer buys straight from the source and eliminates the middleman, the seeds will most likely be cheaper for the customer to purchase and the breeder gets to keep his share without that middleman shaving off 25% from the top. (or whatever his commission is.)

While I think the drop shipping business model is legal, it's not far away from a scam. So yea, some of the replies were a bit harsh, but I understand ;)

A question to the original poster: You started another thread a while ago where you were asking for advice on breeding your own autoflower strain here..
Yet in this thread you say: "I want to market seeds, not breed them or send them from the country that has the most restricted cannabis laws."

So which is it?

Hamlet said:
To breed, or not to breed, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them

FrostAie

Something like this sounds like it would be a breeding ground for scammers and bunk seeds. The seeds game has changed a lot over the years always look for real reviews.

Tranquilidade

People are so fucking judgemental without any clue of what shit they are talking.

Not sure about everyone else but, when I purchase seeds, I want them straight from breeder.

I understand your concern. Everyone wants that.

Where would you go if you want milk? To the cow or mall? There are probably 3 middle men involved until you actually drinking it.

A question to the original poster: You started another thread a while ago where you were asking for advice on breeding your own autoflower strain here..
Yet in this thread you say: "I want to market seeds, not breed them or send them from the country that has the most restricted cannabis laws."
So which is it?

Congratulations Sherlock.

I've been in marketing for about 15 years and approximately 8 years observing cannabis industry and history. I love pot, I love read books about it. This is my hobby and my real passion. I would love to do it everyday and start my own seedbank but this is not gonna happen where I currently reside. There is too much risk involved to start my own lab and send seeds abroad.

I started looking into ways how to connect my skills with my biggest passion. Strange things happening down here. You ask a simple business question in a business section of this forum and you get "polite / professional" answers like that.

Last edited: