What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Phylos Bioscience sparks outrage after announcing their beginning their own breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

iBogart

Veteran
So this topic came to light after watching a recent episode on the Adam Dunn Show on youtube. Apparently this story is blowing up on Instagram, but I don't use IG, I'm more OG internet I guess. lol.

Anyway, this is kinda always been a fear of mine. That some day under the guise of a legit company, through patent laws and a bunch of other legal bullshit, the cannabis plant will go so mainstream and corporatized and be sucked up by monsanto and scotts and push all the passion out of the plant as well as those that worked under prohibition out as well. It's really sad to see this unfold before my eyes. Check the link for more on the story that's developing and remember to vote with your dollars.

https://cannabisnow.com/phylos-bioscience-sparks-outrage-over-new-breeding-program-announcement/

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Riot has been shining light on this topic doing an interview as well as a very thorough investigation check out Riot Seeds on IG and get the scoop on the phylos issue which i do concur with how Riot thinks on this it's fucked

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Huuuummm, not a large audience and folks leaving the room!!! They also bred out the nutritional value of our food.

Henry_420

This is worth your time.
Especially pay attention from 11:00 all the way to 16:00.

Phylos CEO basically explains how they acquired the data they needed from their testing clients.

He goes on explaining how this aggregated data now creates a barrier to entry protecting them from competition.

Their board of advisors are specifically appointed to facilitate a future acquisition (upon federal legalization) by one of the Big 4 Ag companies, which are Syngenta, Dow Dupont, Bayer and BASF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7DHkfT8Oh0

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
This is worth your time.
Especially pay attention from 11:00 all the way to 16:00.

Phylos CEO basically explains how they acquired the data they needed from their testing clients.

He goes on explaining how this aggregated data now creates a barrier to entry protecting them from competition.

Their board of advisors are specifically appointed to facilitate a future acquisition (upon federal legalization) by one of the Big 4 Ag companies, which are Syngenta, Dow Dupont, Bayer and BASF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7DHkfT8Oh0
Kinda like social media no?

Dawgfunk

What really upsets me about this story is the fact that these cats are gonna be speed racing through breeding projects and, yea while they’re not claiming ownership over your strain, they’re taking complete advantage of all the old schoolers who paid their dues and put in the real back breaking work, went to prison and lost their families due to a stupid drug war, yea theyre not even thinkin about those guys. He’s sellin all them out to big ag. Your strains (are gonna make me rich, and all I had to do is look under a microscope). I would like to say thank you to mr gegax tho, wherever you may be. That’s one of the true pioneers in my eyes, and the ppl who ran those projects, they brought the new generation of weed, not these phylos clowns...don’t care how good it is. BREEDiNG??? These cats aren’t even gonna be popping beans!!! They are a joke in my opinion.

therevverend

Veteran
I'm being funny here, I know lots of good people would go to jail if something like this happened. But wouldn't it be great if, for instance, Trump loses the election in his final month in office. He sends the Attorney General and and the DEA after a few big corporate companies like Phylos. Just to fuck them up, take every last dime and destroy all their plants and data, because they're liberals growing dope in a legal state? Go after the big, big investors and wipe them out? I know I'm being a grumpy, bitter old man right now but I feel we have the right to be after all we've gone through. None of those assholes were going to NORML meetings 25 years ago..

troutman

Seed Whore
I'm being funny here, I know lots of good people would go to jail if something like this happened. But wouldn't it be great if, for instance, Trump loses the election in his final month in office. He sends the Attorney General and and the DEA after a few big corporate companies like Phylos. Just to fuck them up, take every last dime and destroy all their plants and data, because they're liberals growing dope in a legal state?

^^^ That won't happen.

Phylos and it's partners have had DEA approval for long time now and we'll leave it at that. :peek:

Dognponyshow

Why do people think the President of the USA is some sort of shithead style euro king or dictator? He is the commander in chief of the military, the judicial and congressional branches are the ones responsible for allowing whack ass lobbiests to prostitute legal agendas for foreign bodies such as Dave Watson and the rest of the Phylos ilk. If I recall my Geography correctly I believe it is the British whom have 58 countries in their "commonwealth" and not the USA. Who is on the Canadian loonie again? What is the name of the guy who runs the Sea Shepherd again? Who does Adam Dunn donate shitloads of cash to from his hoodie sales?

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
could the later scenario be a basis for a class action lawsuit or some other legal maneuvers or was their intent buried in a contractual agreement people had to acknowledge and no one read or was this intent hidden the whole time?

these where real fears and I hand written as much pre-legalization and now it has come to roost

these are the kinds of predicted realities that I wish never became realized

G

GatorGumbo

Some folks seem to have some kind of post-legalisation resentment toward non-old schoolers. If you ask me, granted as only a ten year plus casual grower, it might do well to underline the distinction between folks who just woke up to cannabis and megalomaniac headed businesses with underhanded practices. One should be appreciated, the other should be shunned. Just my 2 cents to any noobs and bitter OGs out there.

Now back to Phylos. They seem like a bunch of dildos. I know that's the least scientific or mathematical failure qualification for me trusting them, but that's what I think. Greasy bunch of dildos.

A good way to get a contract signed is to have the original owner/producer not have a grasp on their own rights to the material being negotiated. Bet that's more than a few breeders that Phylos is "helping", lol. Dildos. If I were a/the breeders with the natural rights to my own work then I would bend them over backwards in negotiations. Knowing how business can be, they will try to squirm out of it or avoid it entirely after folks have put so many screws in them. The tech will still be there for some or many non-dickheaded entities to pick up and hopefully do things the right way.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Anti-Trust/Monopoly law does apply, however those are never enforced against those working for the government.

MK-Ultra never ended...it just stopped being talked about.
MAPS is part of it all as well ;-)
And those Shamans operating on US soil with impunity? Yup, them too.

Looks like They got all of us to come out of our holes and reveal ourselves under the guise of “legalization” when really we are about to see the largest operation against us growers and breeders we’ve ever seen.

Im thinking, now, that I ought to have never published my seed vault.
Talk about painting a large target.
Oh well.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^I’m sure there are others that feel the same about publishing their vaults. Mine hasn’t been published since I’ve moved here from the stinky.

Some folks seem to have some kind of post-legalisation resentment toward non-old schoolers. If you ask me, granted as only a ten year plus casual grower, it might do well to underline the distinction between folks who just woke up to cannabis and megalomaniac headed businesses with underhanded practices. One should be appreciated, the other should be shunned. Just my 2 cents to any noobs and bitter OGs out there.

Now back to Phylos. They seem like a bunch of dildos. I know that's the least scientific or mathematical failure qualification for me trusting them, but that's what I think. Greasy bunch of dildos.

A good way to get a contract signed is to have the original owner/producer not have a grasp on their own rights to the material being negotiated. Bet that's more than a few breeders that Phylos is "helping", lol. Dildos. If I were a/the breeders with the natural rights to my own work then I would bend them over backwards in negotiations. Knowing how business can be, they will try to squirm out of it or avoid it entirely after folks have put so many screws in them. The tech will still be there for some or many non-dickheaded entities to pick up and hopefully do things the right way.

Man...
What an insult to dildos!

I’d call ‘em douches but I don’t want to insult a douche either...

Phylos can go eat a big ol bag of _________! (fill in the blank with appropriate items)

SamsonsRiddle

Anti-Trust/Monopoly law does apply, however those are never enforced against those working for the government.

MK-Ultra never ended...it just stopped being talked about.
MAPS is part of it all as well ;-)
And those Shamans operating on US soil with impunity? Yup, them too.

Looks like They got all of us to come out of our holes and reveal ourselves under the guise of “legalization” when really we are about to see the largest operation against us growers and breeders we’ve ever seen.

Im thinking, now, that I ought to have never published my seed vault.
Talk about painting a large target.
Oh well.
If people only understood what you were saying... the people who know mk ultra or paperclip or monarch is so slim that when you talk about them you sound like some "conspiracy nut". it's too hard to check out declassified documents that reveal the truth about things we see and hear every day used to program us into good lemmings.

the government's alphabet agencies usually use private companies in order to get what they want (just like the cia used canadian psych wards to conduct depatterning and the such for mkultra). now this company has elite genetics that took people years to develop and understand for the few bucks that they charged them, lol.

i thought potheads were smarter than trusting ANYONE

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Indeed, subsidiary companies are the name of the game.
From Blackwater being the right-hand of the CIA to MAPS being the left hand of DEA/Big-Pharma

...I laugh when people point fingers at blackwater and their ilk, blaming them for all the horrors.
Thats exactly why they are a private corporation - plausible deniability.
Really, every one of those companies is contracted by and works under the direction of the Dept. of State.
If those companies were really rogue companies, they would be hit with ITAR and other espionage legislation from which they would face charges of treason.

There is so much more going on behind closed doors that even people with Secret clearance dont know. How can we expect Joe Potgrower to be aware of the same archetype of corporation in the drug world.

I’ll leave it at this - all drugs are orchestrated.
My uncle who was high in the mafia told me a lot, the one thing he never mentioned was the connection between the Families and the Government. Thats why he got to die a natural death.
Even the strains that are all hyped are hyped for a reason....ever see that happy, euphoric, energetic sativa get hype? Why? Why is Myrcene and other compounds pushed harder than others?

Status
Not open for further replies.