What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does today's music, television suck, because today's creators smoke indo?

Today, the quality of weed is rated completely different than it used to be. I constantly hear how great some bud is because it makes you pass out, or "i couldn't get off the couch"

I'm fairly certain no amazing albums are being written, no computers are being invented, no new perspective is being formed, no companies are being founded, and no distant nooks of nature are been explored by participants of today's legal weed market. I'd almost go as far as to say today's indica infected narrow spectrum sterile medium indo weed makes you a boring person.

Indo, sensi, indica, souiless: 4 trends pushed by growers/movers, for obvious reasons. Flared jeans came back.. Will euphoric, trippy, creative, inspiring, motivating giggle high weed? Or has the internet succeeded in ruining the human conciousness, by changing the sheep's expectation and corporate directed desires of fitting in?

I mean, dispensaries even grow their "sativa" hybrids poorly on purpose, and generalize it as Diet Weed Lite , just for the sole purpose that indica is easier to grow tons of. The attributes associated with Sativa,in the legal market, are all consistent with prematurely harvested, neglected bagseed.

I hear so much shit talked about how Sativa sucks.. I find it hard to believe the popularity of Cannabis suddenly became pinned on completely different properties than it was for 5 thousand years. The sheep need to stop steering the market at the capitalists wishes, its destroyed portions of society. And it's destroying weed. Anyone who prefers herb clean enough to be smoked instead of having to go into e-cigs can feel me.

Maybe I'm wrong about the origin of these trends toward narcotic weed. But a whole lot of rappers used to talk about hydro, yet none of them would smoke it. It seems pretty obvious that the financial interests with the biggest pockets control the trends everyone follows. Paying rappers to glorify endo while they all smoke deps? Totally sounds logical. The power of guerilla marketing.

troutman

Seed Whore
The entire music industry went down the toilet because old producers want pretty boys and pretty girls
to sell albums to the kids. Sadly, most can't sing, write or play an instrument and are soon gone. The music
of the 70's is real because back then it was about the music and not if you looked like a Supermodel.

To me the movie industry is about flash and not about real stories. They keep remaking the same movies
because they can't think for themselves. Like how many times can you watch a movie about one guy who
saves the World from aliens, etc.?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It may be a symptom more than a cause. With all the info available and screens in your face all the time, independent thought is bound to suffer a little no? Everything is handed to you, no work involved in creating stuff.

I would think it harder to come up with great ideas if most everything has already been done in one form or another in terms of music, movies etc.

Good points Troutman.

I think the problem with mainstream music is that every aspect of these peoples' life is expected to show up on social media in one way or another. So all these big name artists probably do more pharmaceutical junk than ever before. It seems to me like you only ever hear about older celebrities "finding weed." All the ones in the prime of their careers always do BS stories about how they recently stopped puffing (Probably for a couple weeks). Even if they are an edgy artist, it seems like they all get pressured to fit into this Fox, ABC, NBC, big network corporate interest society.

Funny how social media is supposed to promote individuality, and it ends up commercializing things even more.

Interesting theory :)

The music decline has a legit cause: the Telecommunications Act of 1996. This act deregulated the airwaves, taking control away from local DJs and giving it to corporations like Clear Channel that don't have ANY passion for music. It's all about the ads--music is just something to keep listeners' attention between commercials. It's all marketed to tween girls, as they're the biggest consuming demographic. Therefore the songs that get airplay are mostly "teen idols" & repetitive crap written to about a 4th grade comprehension level (not exaggerating. There was an analysis of today's lyrics compared to lyrics of decades past & they've steadily declined in complexity).

Not sure about the changes in TV. Some would say the Netflix "revolution" has improved TV show quality, making it more cinematic & high-quality. I am ambivalent about that.

But there are other factors at play, including the (ab)use of other drugs like opioids, benzos & "molly". Indo weed pales in comparison to those substances in terms of potency. But yeah, it could definitely play a role in a lot of the lazy anti-intellectualism that pervades pop culture.

Mick

Veteran
Imo, the weed a culture smokes is but a reflection of that culture. The earth is messed up in so many ways now, we're in the middle of many perfect storms, and so a lot of people just want to get shitfaced and stay glued to the couch.
Having said that, there are some awesome worked sativa's out there. The guys at Ace are a good example of some damn fine herb being breed.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Gersh dernit, it were butter in the old days"

- Every Aging Generation.

You know how much crap music was made between 1950 and 1990? Pick any time period.

A metric shit ton. Today we can look back and it is easy to only see the cream.

iTarzan

"Gersh dernit, it were butter in the old days"

- Every Aging Generation.

You know how much crap music was made between 1950 and 1990? Pick any time period.

A metric shit ton. Today we can look back and it is easy to only see the cream.

LOL! What about Disco Duck?

I am 62 and I like today's music. I even like rap which drives all my old friends nuts. I like new stuff. I can't reread a book, see a movie twice or listen to nothing but classic rock. I don't mind hearing a classic rock song from my youth but not too much.

Mikell back off Alvin and The Chipmunks.

Last edited:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Today’s music & TV sucks because the creators have zero imagination!

It’s all geared toward socially engineering a society of sheep & it’s been working for several decades now.

St. Phatty

No, today's Media sucks because much it is Weaponized information,

designed to protect Sacred Cows, the wealthy & the well-connected.

People like Harvey Weinstein, for example.

As long as consumers have access to Sat Doms & Ind Doms, they'll choose whatever works.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
The last 10-15 years or so, I've watched an increase in the number of people who talk about how strong cannabis is. The problem is they're measuring how quickly it knocks you out, as in not being able to stay conscious.

They're describing overripe cannabis or cannabis with heavy CBN content. It's not strong, it's overripe and people are sleeping through their cannabis.

The other rise I've seen are in the strains which cause stupidity. I remember only having some Pandora's Box for 2 months once. Those two months were almost a complete waste of time for me. Couldn't think straight, wasn't very functional or had much motivation, truly miserable. The unfortunate part, prohibition has created a lot of situations where the kids are looking for that kind of cannabis. Their lives are truly stressed out and they have zero tools or awareness for dealing with what's going on.

Yeah, it's affecting a lot of aspects of society and not just the music industry. Looking forward the changes coming. I expect a lot more sativas being available in a few years. :D

St. Phatty

The last 10-15 years or so, I've watched an increase in the number of people who talk about how strong cannabis is.

I completely agree, it is stronger.

I don't need the THC test numbers to prove that. I only smoke one puff of anything I smoke. It needs to be strong enough to deliver the normal Cannabis psycho active effect.

One hit Shit FTW !!! :woohoo:

H

HaHaHashish

"Old Time Rock And Roll" Bob Seger

Just take those old records off the shelf
I'll sit and listen to 'em by myself
Today's music ain't got the same soul
I like that old-time rock 'n' roll

(Generally speaking) Every generation thinks that the next generation's music is crap.

BruceBanner

I completely agree, it is stronger.

I don't need the THC test numbers to prove that. I only smoke one puff of anything I smoke. It needs to be strong enough to deliver the normal Cannabis psycho active effect.

One hit Shit FTW !!! :woohoo:

It's not stronger, but blander and crap effect.

ahortator

Veteran
I am sure there is a conspiracy about that.

I see very strange that along centuries or even thousands of years the most widely spreaded type of cannabis over the world were sativas/NLD, and suddenly in a few decades it is almost impossible to get any strain free from indica/BLD genetics.

Even if you try to get sativas directly from tropical countries were they grew traditionally sativas, some of them very famous a few decades ago, you will find most are already hybridized if not completely swapped by indicas. It is strange that a strain which is a rarity from Central Asia had overtaken the extremely much more worldwide spreaded sativas, which also have a more pleasant psychoactivity, in so few years.

For me marijuana is an entheogen. But I see everyday kids smoking in parks and they don't seem very enlightened. In fact they seem not high anymore. In fact they only seem stupid and sluggish. In these days most people younger than 40 have never smoked a true real pure sativa without any indica pollution.

I am arguing everyday with friends about the too different high from a true pure sativa compared with the more stupid dense feeling you get from what they believe it is a sativa. They believe if you have a sativa you must necessarily mate it with an indica because it is what you read in every cannabis growing guide, manual or breeding book. As if there were an infinite source of pure sativa strains seeds.

I get really sick when I read or here people complaining about the strong smell of marijuana, they need carbon, or ozoone filters to hide the acrid strong armpit sweat garlic stink. And they believe all marijuana stinks the same. Breeders have done really easy for cops to caught growers. They only need to folow the stink. Even if they got a cold they can sniff the strong smell without the help of a dog.

I cannot imagine the counterculture of the 1960s would had been the same if the only weed available in those days were couchlocking indica strains or the 30% THC polyhybrids of today.

Can you imagine Bob Marley writing or dancing while singing Get up, stand up, stoned and couchlocked by a Kush or Afghani?

https://youtu.be/FlxegmmBu4E

I don´t know if it is involved in the subject the CIA, the DEA, the Project MK-Ultra, the Bildelberg group, the Trilateral Comission, the NWO or the Grey aliens-reptilian-elohim-nephilim-Illumati :laughing: But I see ganja fields in Jamaica, the mountains of Mexico or what they are growing now in Colombia and I want to cry with deep sadness and sorrow.

It is like The Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Wherever there was tall, thin leafed, light green, light fruity sweet smelling sativas you find nowadays short, squat, dark green cabagge leafed rotten stinking plants.

To make things even worse there is at least one seedbank traveling to remote countries and polluting the few extant old sativa heirlooms with their bright coloured painted hybrid seeds.

But all of this is going to even a more ahead step turning it much worse. We have now a pletora of autoflowering strains, you cannot keep mothers. Also taking cutting is worthless. We have feminized seeds with no males. And we have even high CBD strains with almost no THC (not long ago called common or industrial hemp or ditchweed, which nobody wanted to smoke)!!! And people now sought after them!!!!

If I were an MK-Ultra researcher or a member of the elite (banks like Goldman and Sachs, JP Morgan, any Lehmann Brothers offshoots, the International Monetary Fund (IMF), World Bank (WB), Lockheed Martin or so...) who controls the world or any governmment I would feel very pleased and really happy. The job is done! A real success! Weed won't fuel any rebellion more in the future!

They spent an humungous amount of money programing and putting on a corset to people minds and thoughts since your childhood from school to the church and mass media to preserve their control, their privileges and the status quo! They cannot allow a simple weed destroys all their hard work! They want you consume something which turns you into a sluggish stupid not something which makes you cleverer and more inclined towards protesting against things you don't like!

evil-mexican-plant-times-dispatch.jpg

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2007/11/29/415310/-

P.D. Keep in mind that legalization is only occurring only after most sativas are gone, and the main cannabis available for the masses are indica dominating strains! Also they want to exercise control over the type of weed you can smoke. Of course they are all indica leaning strains!

MrBungle

Good music is out there, its just not played on the radio anymore....You have to seek it... The music industry is paid for.... So only paid for songs make it to the mainstream

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
short growing season=quicker turnover=mo' money
all about the greenbacks.
those commercials kept me interested in the music....