What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Did being a lazy stoner ever save your life?

It did mine. Back in the 90's, a couple friends and I traveled a few hours to a touristy town. One of the guy's had an uncle with a trailer and some land nearby, where we planned to stay.
Traveling on mostly back-roads, we did as youngsters do, and were in fine shape by the time we reached the tourist trap. Instead of heading straight to camp, we decided to hit the uptown area where all the bars and parties usually happened.
While bopping in and out of shops, the weather turned, and tornado sirens started blaring. We heard a radio program get interrupted for the storm alert, stating that a funnel cloud had been spotted in a nearby area.
Not knowing the area all that well, I asked the guy running the store how far away that is. He said we could stay inside the store, or leave now, because he was boarding up, and that twister could be less than mile away, or 10 miles away.
Not wanting to hang out with some stranger in his store while just shy of drooling-ly stoned, we bolted and tried to figure out what we were going to do. I had lost all motivation for setting up a camp, so I talked my buddies into going together on getting a hotel room.
We pretty much baked ourselves to sleep shortly thereafter, woke up the next day, and went on with plans for the weekend.
A week later, my buddy finds out that his uncle's place had been hit by the tornado, (the only place that tornado touched down) and though his trailer and barn were largely unharmed, the ring of trees where the bonfire pit and tents were normally put was completely demolished.
We went back up a few weeks later to start chopping down what was left of the trees for fire wood. There were seven MASSIVE trees, all completely uprooted, leaving a giant crater some 10-15 feet deep underneath the twisted mass of trees. It was such a mess, his uncle ended up calling a service to come and chop up all the wood.
There's no was we would've survived that, had we went straight to camp to set up. That's how being a stoner saved my life...that time.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
sat around fucked up until my mom asked "aren't you supposed to meet someone at the bowling alley?" oh shit! leaped up & drove downtown, guy at the counter says "he just left to ride around & burn one, said to tell you he'd be back in half an hour." twenty minutes later, phone rings. his GF tells me he had been hit head-on by some kids in an Oldsmobile, crushed his VW beyond recognition. passenger side mashed flat, steering wheel was embedded in drivers seat. he lived, but if i had been on time...

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Was booked on a flight from Miami in the 90's and canceled due to
money troubles related to a big buy gone bad.

Plane crashed in the Everglades, all hands lost.

Stranger things have happened, but no way to know
ahead of time what our snap decisions will yield.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No. But Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy, American Dad) is alive today because he was a drunk.

He was so hung over one day that he missed his flight. Which was one of the two planes that flew into the World Trade Center towers.

Coincidentally, Mark Wahlburg was also scheduled to be on the same flight, but cancelled last minute.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Being a lazy stoner has caused 3 wives to divorce me.

As far as I am concerned being a lazy stoner saved my life THREE times.

Currently waiting to be saved a fourth time.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
No. But Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy, American Dad) is alive today because he was a drunk.

He was so hung over one day that he missed his flight. Which was one of the two planes that flew into the World Trade Center towers.

Coincidentally, Mark Wahlburg was also scheduled to be on the same flight, but cancelled last minute.

James Woods also claimed to have been scheduled for one of those flights. Really makes you go hmmmmmmm.

al70

Veteran

jaysus, i did'nt know that, thank's for sharing.

Not to my knowledge...it saved me from some boring Home Ec classes in high school, lol. I never skipped school until I started smoking. Shit made me check every lazy stoner stereotype box on the list.

I'm one of those people who DOES get super lazy & melty after even the tiniest bit of weed...unfortunately. Always been jealous of those peeps who can toke & then clean their house or go to the gym or someshit.

Dog Star

Veteran
BHO saved mine life literaly... cause i was so stoned and drived car 30-40 km per hour
in a stormy night coming back to home and huge tree was fall on road so i was able
to stop mine car on time... usually on that part i goes 70-80 km per hour and
that will be too much to stop,specialy cause its downhill behind a road curve,
i was barely stop even when i drived so slow,totaly stoned as fuck....

Latest posts

Latest posts